Morrissey Central "THE GANG’S ALL GONE FROM DARK TO LIGHT LIKE LOST CHILDREN GO BECAUSE WE MUST DO” (December 30, 2022)

Pele-SS-4.jpg

vivienne-westwood-cultura-punk-collater.al-2-818x1024.jpg

Pele, above
Vivienne Westwood, below
RIP

See Condolences thread for other related comments.
FWD.

How many times did the official Morrissey channels talk about black culture before 2017? Do you really think everything can only be divided into good and evil? I'm not the only one who's noticed the penetration with which Morrissey has been giving obituaries to black artists for the last 5 years or so.
Unlike Morrissey, Pele was unreservedly honored by all people for his ball art and human commitment. Where is the reference to Morrissey 2022 here, so that it would be more obvious than the death of an important British artist of his age, who ALWAYS integrated black culture artistically? A true pioneer of the late 70s in the UK.

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrisseys-views-on-black-people-and-music.6658/

How many times did the official Morrissey channels talk about black culture before 2017? Do you really think everything can only be divided into good and evil? I'm not the only one who's noticed the penetration with which Morrissey has been giving obituaries to black artists for the last 5 years or so.
Unlike Morrissey, Pele was unreservedly honored by all people for his ball art and human commitment. Where is the reference to Morrissey 2022 here, so that it would be more obvious than the death of an important British artist of his age, who ALWAYS integrated black culture artistically? A true pioneer of the late 70s in the UK.

I remember many people noticing Morrissey's sudden love of James Baldwin correlated with the increase in accusations of him being a racist, myself included.

But, to be fair to Morrissey, even Johnny Marr did acknowledge, in his own autobiography (iirc, it may have been in an interview), that he and Morrissey shared a love of the wonderful song "Young, Gifted and Black".

Morrissey can choose to reference who he likes and when to do it.
The bitching for some never stops. Even in a RIP-thread. Sad.
RIP Pele and Vivienne Westwood.

Moz Central posts an RIP message for a famous football player - and suddenly it´s all about skin colour. What a sad skin colour obsessed world we live in. The dream of MLK really has died.

Morrissey can choose to reference who he likes and when to do it.
The bitching for some never stops. Even in a RIP-thread. Sad.
RIP Pele and Vivienne Westwood.
I really thought you were more intelligent than just applauding Central's 80+ obituary sustained fire and could at least take critical nuance. But that's probably not the strength of the remaining die-hard fans anyway.

P.S.

And no, I'm not disliking your post, because I can deal with other opinions on that subject matter.

I really thought you were more intelligent than just applauding Central's 80+ obituary sustained fire and could at least take critical nuance. But that's probably not the strength of the remaining die-hard fans anyway.
Really weak response. What is your 'critical nuance' anyway? That he didn't reference Terry Hall and should have in your eyes? Surely you agree that we can mourn who we want to and not who we 'have to'?
You have no point and mocking somebody else's 'intelligence' when you clearly show none, makes it even weaker.

Really weak response. What is your 'critical nuance' anyway? That he didn't reference Terry Hall and should have in your eyes? Surely you agree that we can mourn who we want to and not who we 'have to'?
You have no point and mocking somebody else's 'intelligence' when you clearly show none, makes it even weaker.
You torpedo everything that could harm the master. Basically and exclusively. Unfortunately. You disqualify yourself for objectivity. Too bad.

Again, you read things into my posts that are not there at all.
So sad.
Why can't you take my criticism without demonstratively disliking? Morrissey is a musician, who has never been into football. Now he talks about the gang and glorifies the death of a deserving and worldwide popular sportsman. Can you not see, that some do not understand where the reference is here, which is missing with Terry Hall? I have rarely read so many condolences on Twitter among music enthusiasts as I have with Terry. Am I not allowed to question that?

Vivienne Westwood attended Morrissey’s Meltdown festival; I saw her there. The connection there seems real enough to me.

Anyone who enjoys football couldn’t help but be startled by the death of Pele.

Why can't you take my criticism without demonstratively disliking? Morrissey is a musician, who has never been into football. Now he talks about the gang and glorifies the death of a deserving and worldwide popular sportsman. Can you not see, that some do not understand where the reference is here, which is missing with Terry Hall? I have rarely read so many condolences on Twitter among music enthusiasts as I have with Terry. Am I not allowed to question that?
You are absolutely allowed to question that, yes! And the answer might possibly be that very little of Terry Hall's music ever really touched Morrissey. We don't know. I'm sad that he didn't give a shout-out to Martin Duffy, because I hoped that Morrissey was a secret Felt fanatic. But no such luck.

And re football, your statement of "has never been into football" isn't, I suspect, 100% true. He's certainly aware of it, and has flirted with its world more than once:

https://www.espn.com/blog/music/post/_/id/4086/morrissey-on-music-his-very-athletic-youth

You are absolutely allowed to question that, yes! And the answer might possibly be that very little of Terry Hall's music ever really touched Morrissey. We don't know. I'm sad that he didn't give a shout-out to Martin Duffy, because I hoped that Morrissey was a secret Felt fanatic. But no such luck.

And re football, your statement of "has never been into football" isn't, I suspect, 100% true. He's certainly aware of it, and has flirted with its world more than once:

https://www.espn.com/blog/music/post/_/id/4086/morrissey-on-music-his-very-athletic-youth
Yes, typical Morrissey. A little soccer romance never hurt anyone. The look in Newcastle (full football dress) remains a mystery to me, to this day. File under: smoking fake cigarettes and having fake scars from the school of hard knocks.
Thanks anyway, you are always objective and I appreciate that very much.

Agreed. He may not be a die hard football fan, but he's shown more than a passing interest in the sport.

A photo from the Kill Uncle photo shoot:
moz-football-1.jpg

Morrissey, wearing an Eric Cantona t-shirt:
90s-eric-cantona-as-worn-by-morrissey-t-shirt-p2220-2930_image.jpg

Morrissey, in his Los Angeles home, pictured with a picture of Bobby Moore:
EhtfIsPWAAE31hl.jpeg

Morrissey, in the video for Spent The Day In Bed, with Joey Barton:
Morrissey-JB-1024x645 (1).jpg

Morrissey with his cousin, Robbie Keane:
s_35_863__robbiemorrissey1.jpg

Morrissey in Italy, wearing a t-shirt adorned with SOCCER TEAM:
28540_morrissey_in_rome_2.jpg

Attachments

• moz-football-1.jpg
    moz-football-1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You deliberately play dumb I presume? Morrissey has written songs about football and clearly cares for the sports. And Pelé is not just a popular sportsman, but the greatest of all time, from a time when Moz was clearly cared the most for this sport, his youth. You as well as I know that if Messi died tomorrow, Morrissey wouldn't pay tribute.

As for Terry Hall, Morrissey has never showed any liking for The Specials or Hall's other projects. And his subsequent playing with other ex-Smiths definitely doesn't help either. So it would be somewhat hypocritical to pretend to care now, don't you think? If someone from the Factory-clan died he also wouldn't pay tribute. In fact they did and he hasn't.

For an ex-fan you (deliberately?) show very little knowledge of a historical perspective.

You deliberately play dumb I presume? Morrissey has written songs about football and clearly cares for the sports. And Pelé is not just a popular sportsman, but the greatest of all time, from a time when Moz was clearly cared the most for this sport, his youth. You as well as I know that if Messi died tomorrow, Morrissey wouldn't pay tribute.

As for Terry Hall, Morrissey has never showed any liking for The Specials or Hall's other projects. And his subsequent playing with other ex-Smiths definitely doesn't help either. So it would be somewhat hypocritical to pretend to care now, don't you think? If someone from the Factory-clan died he also wouldn't pay tribute. In fact they did and he hasn't.

For an ex-fan you (deliberately?) show very little knowledge of a historical perspective.
Sure. You will be able to eagerly prove to me that I have no idea about Morrissey. And of course, it's totally ok to leave out Terry because Craig Gannon played guitar with him in the 90s. And of course The Specials were worlds away from Madness, with whom Morrissey had a close contact.

Sure. You will be able to eagerly prove to me that I have no idea about Morrissey. And of course, it's totally ok to leave out Terry because Craig Gannon played guitar with him in the 90s. And of course The Specials were worlds away from Madness, with whom Morrissey had a close contact.
Again, you show a lack of basic reading skills.
Yes, Morrissey does like Madness and would pay tribute if one of theirs died.
No, Morrissey never liked The Specials, and therefore feels no need to pay tribute now.

Clear enough?

Back
Top Bottom