The funniest non-moz thing you'll read all year!

D

dallow_bg

Guest
http://www.wtue.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=415480&pagecontent=musicnewsrockmain&feed_id=22

Absolutely hilarious!




Music News
 
O

old man

Guest
>
> http://www.wtue.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=415480&pagecontent=musicnewsrockmain&feed_id=22
> Absolutely hilarious!

Brilliant. Ive always despised Green Day but Buzzcocks are one of my favourite and probably one of the worlds most underrated bands. Anyone else heard their French sessions? Theyve still got it, just out of time.
 
S

south78910

Guest
You're right about Buzzcocks - definitely underrated, especially considering what pioneers they were.
 
O

old man

Guest
> You're right about Buzzcocks - definitely underrated, especially
> considering what pioneers they were.

Exactly. And these were the people that brought the sex pistols into the world. for me the buzzcocks are the essence of punk (as they were for morrissey) and the sex pistols were the self-destructing, marketable, exploited for exactly what they were fighting against, legends that live on til this day.

Harmony in my head
Autonmy
Moving away from the pulsebeat
orgasm addict
Why cant i touch it?

The 5 best buzzcocks songs ever (off the top of my head)

('Ever fallen in love' doesnt count because it is one of the greatest of all time)
 
S

south78910

Guest
'Ever Fallen in Love' - ahhh...
Absolutely; you are dead-on with that, definitely.
'Orgasm Addict' is incredible, especially since it was their first single, and of course the BBC wouldn't play it - so ahead of their time, even based on their nerve (to do something like releasing that as their first single) alone!

The Sex Pistols are fascinating because of their incredible, near-instant (relatively speaking) implosion.
 
O

old man

Guest
> 'Ever Fallen in Love' - ahhh...
> Absolutely; you are dead-on with that, definitely.
> 'Orgasm Addict' is incredible, especially since it was their first single,
> and of course the BBC wouldn't play it - so ahead of their time, even
> based on their nerve (to do something like releasing that as their first
> single) alone!

> The Sex Pistols are fascinating because of their incredible, near-instant
> (relatively speaking) implosion.

I know, the sex pistols were absolutely mind-blowing, but the roots of punk lie with the buzzcocks. i will love them forever.

But has anyone heard the complete french sessions recorded in the nineties?they have some decent 'new' songs on there that, to be honest are nothing amazing but at atleast a couple of other buzzcock tracks that cdv been from the late 70's.

Wherte can i get their later albums? nothing on ebay. you have to be a real fan

I plugged the band the other day but sorry, i love this: www.myspace.com/stroszekuk
 
S

south78910

Guest
I don't know if you've discussed this on here before, if so, my apologies, but are you saying that you have the recordings (in digital format) and want the albums, or that you haven't actually heard the recordings and want the albums so that you can?
 
S

south78910

Guest
Btw, I know for a fact that the album from 2003 is on Amazon.com.
(Also, I vote to add "I Believe" to the best-of list.)
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
boredom

whatabout 'Boredom' from their 'Spiral Scratch' e.p. I still love that today as much as I did then, I try to get to see them every so often still, I'd compare them as our 'Ramones' whom I still love & play also, sadly I don't get to see The Ramones.

Grim

> 'Ever Fallen in Love' - ahhh...
> Absolutely; you are dead-on with that, definitely.
> 'Orgasm Addict' is incredible, especially since it was their first single,
> and of course the BBC wouldn't play it - so ahead of their time, even
> based on their nerve (to do something like releasing that as their first
> single) alone!

> The Sex Pistols are fascinating because of their incredible, near-instant
> (relatively speaking) implosion.
 
M

Mr.Improper PIMO of the fuckin nation..and diggle'

Guest
>
> http://www.wtue.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=415480&pagecontent=musicnewsrockmain&feed_id=22
> Absolutely hilarious!

It is good job. Infact,This is even funnier:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050628/music_nm/people_lavigne_dc/nc:689;_ylt=AuXyPYo4.3oPfukDXH8yn3WVEhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. How in the world can anyone take any of these new "punk" bands serious??
 
M

Mr.Improper PIMO of the fuckin nation..and diggle'

Guest
Re: boredom

> whatabout 'Boredom' from their 'Spiral Scratch' e.p. I still love that
> today as much as I did then, I try to get to see them every so often
> still, I'd compare them as our 'Ramones' whom I still love & play
> also, sadly I don't get to see The Ramones.

> Grim

Mark this down as a national event: I actually agree with you about "boredom" good jam.
 
Top Bottom