The Footy Thread

Small people have a need to belittle others but at least you stopped trying to defend your inaccurate and undefendable views from before. It really made you lose face for a long time in this thread and cast doubts wether you are in fact a football fan at all. I sincerely doubt you are and that you use it to compensate for other parts of your life that are not in order.

lol ur life

Funny thing is, I always got annoyed by Liverpool because their fans always seem too precious and have a persecution complex but on here though they all seem alright. Now we have a Man United fan who's probably as difficult to stomach as every scouse fan put together. Still, I'm keeping a level head. We desperately need some sensible Mancunians to enter the thread.

My theory is, as if anyone want to know, is that winning too much sends people daft. This lad couldn't have lived through the 80's, the stress would have killed him.

Oh, I lived through the 80's alright and not only did I see the United side of then but also Liverpools. That is why the glory days felt like a great pay off for the years when many of us United fans wondered if we would live to ever see them win the league. That seems very weird to say in this day and age. I know one thing and that is I am both older than you and went to football games before you were even born.

You and Baghdad Bob just cannot stick to facts and should really do yourselves justice by standing up and admitting you hate United more than you love football and that United losing is more important than your own side winning. You have used every trick in the book to pick and attack LVG and United and so far all you have said has been proved to be lies by my facts. I really do challenge you in debating football without letting your personal preferences get in the way because that is clearly the reason why you come up with so many lies and opinions from people you know do not matter at all.

One did not fly over the cuckoo's nest it travelled way over the bar into row Z in your case and still travelling.

I'm fairly certain that he's that same tit who trolled here before and eventually got banned. It's his shtick. He's not worth the bother other than to flick boogers at. Speaking of which...

Great to see that you stopped spreading your myths and defending the impossible. There is hope even for people like you.

So the Fulham fan tries to fool himself that he prefers the Championship after a horrendous start to the season. I have seen this happen to many fans of many clubs and Leeds fans spring to mind after they left the top flight for good it seems. Last time I debated this with someone was when I talked to a Coventry fan years ago after they disappeared from the Premier League. He claimed to be happy with life in the Championship who he claimed was the "home of proper football" and the Fulham fan uses the exact same words.

I think that state of mind is described in psychology. Loss triggers a reaction in the brain who desperately searches for compensation and a way to restore pride. Football is all about pride and preserving it. Yet every fan and every club will be dragged in the mud sooner or later, it happens to everyone. The more cocky a fan is the more likely it is his team will lose like in the case with Phill the City fan who have come here a lot of times all cocky and it is always followed by defeat and then you don't hear from then until they win again.

That is why I expect the worst and hope for the best because it seems anything can happen. I never get fans who boast and claim their side will do this and that side easy because I don't see those people as true fans. Being a true fan means you feel fear but you support your side through the good and the bad and the mediocre. United always learned from failure cause winning teaches you nothing and that is why LVG has learned a lot in a short space of time.

Anonymous said:
Oh, I lived through the 80's alright and not only did I see the United side of then but also Liverpools. That is why the glory days felt like a great pay off for the years when many of us United fans wondered if we would live to ever see them win the league. That seems very weird to say in this day and age. I know one thing and that is I am both older than you and went to football games before you were even born.

You and Baghdad Bob just cannot stick to facts and should really do yourselves justice by standing up and admitting you hate United more than you love football and that United losing is more important than your own side winning. You have used every trick in the book to pick and attack LVG and United and so far all you have said has been proved to be lies by my facts. I really do challenge you in debating football without letting your personal preferences get in the way because that is clearly the reason why you come up with so many lies and opinions from people you know do not matter at all.

One did not fly over the cuckoo's nest it travelled way over the bar into row Z in your case and still travelling.

Anonymous said:
Great to see that you stopped spreading your myths and defending the impossible. There is hope even for people like you.

Anonymous said:
So the Fulham fan tries to fool himself that he prefers the Championship after a horrendous start to the season. I have seen this happen to many fans of many clubs and Leeds fans spring to mind after they left the top flight for good it seems. Last time I debated this with someone was when I talked to a Coventry fan years ago after they disappeared from the Premier League. He claimed to be happy with life in the Championship who he claimed was the "home of proper football" and the Fulham fan uses the exact same words.

I think that state of mind is described in psychology. Loss triggers a reaction in the brain who desperately searches for compensation and a way to restore pride. Football is all about pride and preserving it. Yet every fan and every club will be dragged in the mud sooner or later, it happens to everyone. The more cocky a fan is the more likely it is his team will lose like in the case with Phill the City fan who have come here a lot of times all cocky and it is always followed by defeat and then you don't hear from then until they win again.

That is why I expect the worst and hope for the best because it seems anything can happen. I never get fans who boast and claim their side will do this and that side easy because I don't see those people as true fans. Being a true fan means you feel fear but you support your side through the good and the bad and the mediocre. United always learned from failure cause winning teaches you nothing and that is why LVG has learned a lot in a short space of time.

Ladies and gentlemen: I present to you Exhibit A as to why we need post-natal abortion. Post haste.

I just found this and what the f*** is this doing on a Morrissey board and what the f*** is footsie or footy or whatever it is called? I don't think I have seen "united", "newcastle" or "palace" posted so much in one place. Stop calling your little boys game "football" it's called kick ball. Football is played in the USA by men who don't scream like little girls and roll around on the ground when someone steps on their toe and Morrissey doesn't play kickball and he doesn't have a favorite kickball team. When you Brits and Euros ever understand this?

I just found this and what the f*** is this doing on a Morrissey board and what the f*** is footsie or footy or whatever it is called? I don't think I have seen "united", "newcastle" or "palace" posted so much in one place. Stop calling your little boys game "football" it's called kick ball. Football is played in the USA by men who don't scream like little girls and roll around on the ground when someone steps on their toe and Morrissey doesn't play kickball and he doesn't have a favorite kickball team. When you Brits and Euros ever understand this?

Get off this thread you daft c***.

A foot is the part of the body that you walk on the ground with. In the sport football it is used to kick the ball. American football is another sport. In that sport called football they use their hands to run with a ball while wearing more protective gear than they probably need and a helmet as well. The only time they kick the ball in american football is when they aim to put it between the two posts above the bar. American football has a lot in common with the aussie rules game but the aussies do not protect themselves as much as the americans do.

The use of soccer has been popular in America and the sport is now the coolest national sport and a phenomenon like the "soccer mom" is considered the coolest thing you can be. There is no more coverage of the english football in America than ever before and when Manchester United visited the country this summer the country came to a virtual standstill as media cleared the tabloids and made time on the tv channels to cover Uniteds visit. American experts on the game stated that the interest in the game in America has never been higher and that ratings for the games televised on tv has soared in the past few years.

The reason to separate the two sports american football and football was because of the computer game manufacturers. They opted to call the original football sport "soccer" and american football is just "football" in America. The sport that makes the most contact with the ball with the foot is football and not american football but the americans need to stamp their authority on everything means the real football is called soccer. At the same time americans wonder why they are so hated worldwide and need to fight wars to defend what they call "freedom".

The english tv channels like Sky Sports have several tv shows using the word soccer in the title of the show. This is because during the second world war americans influenced certain englishmen to use the word soccer to separate it from the american sport football. Maybe this was compensation for all the men the american wives lost as many american soldiers fell in love with english women and married them and left their american wives in America. This is why american women tend to not like english women and still claim they are "easy on the foot" and so on.

I think he must be an alco. He comes on after 10 bottles of buckfast and rants incoherently. Either that or he's just a nutjob.

I think you and Baghdad Bob make a lovely couple. I cannot wait to see your adopted kids and it will be interesting to see which club they will support. If you adopt from the oriental chances are they will support United. I wonder if you would be able to live with that?

I am all for gay pride!

A foot is the part of the body that you walk on the ground with. In the sport football it is used to kick the ball. American football is another sport. In that sport called football they use their hands to run with a ball while wearing more protective gear than they probably need and a helmet as well. The only time they kick the ball in american football is when they aim to put it between the two posts above the bar. American football has a lot in common with the aussie rules game but the aussies do not protect themselves as much as the americans do.

The use of soccer has been popular in America and the sport is now the coolest national sport and a phenomenon like the "soccer mom" is considered the coolest thing you can be. There is no more coverage of the english football in America than ever before and when Manchester United visited the country this summer the country came to a virtual standstill as media cleared the tabloids and made time on the tv channels to cover Uniteds visit. American experts on the game stated that the interest in the game in America has never been higher and that ratings for the games televised on tv has soared in the past few years.

The reason to separate the two sports american football and football was because of the computer game manufacturers. They opted to call the original football sport "soccer" and american football is just "football" in America. The sport that makes the most contact with the ball with the foot is football and not american football but the americans need to stamp their authority on everything means the real football is called soccer. At the same time americans wonder why they are so hated worldwide and need to fight wars to defend what they call "freedom".

The english tv channels like Sky Sports have several tv shows using the word soccer in the title of the show. This is because during the second world war americans influenced certain englishmen to use the word soccer to separate it from the american sport football. Maybe this was compensation for all the men the american wives lost as many american soldiers fell in love with english women and married them and left their american wives in America. This is why american women tend to not like english women and still claim they are "easy on the foot" and so on.

Football's called football because it was played on foot rather than horseback. Soccer is a bastardisation of its true title of Association Football.

I think you and Baghdad Bob make a lovely couple. I cannot wait to see your adopted kids and it will be interesting to see which club they will support. If you adopt from the oriental chances are they will support United. I wonder if you would be able to live with that?

I am all for gay pride!

Ayup lads, he's back on the buckfast.

Football's called football because it was played on foot rather than horseback. Soccer is a bastardisation of its true title of Association Football.

That is also true but to recap this:

A sport in America where they are proud to be american suddenly becomes something awkward for the americans if the sport is called american football. It must be the only time americans feel ashamed to add "american" onto anything.

The "football" they use is a rugby shaped ball and a ball is technically only a ball if it is round much like a wheel.

They carry the "ball" so it is technically handball with benefits although they do kick it at some point of the game and even that is done rugby style.

So we have football and we have american football.

Simples!

So England won last night and looked a lot better than in any of the World Cup Final matches. Expect this trend to continue until we qualify for the next tournament and are utterly woeful again.

So England won last night and looked a lot better than in any of the World Cup Final matches. Expect this trend to continue until we qualify for the next tournament and are utterly woeful again.

Yeah, England seem able to scrape through and win these qualifiers only to fail miserably at the big tournaments. England wasted loads of clear cut chances and should have put the game to bed early on.

Welbeck continue to be somewhat of a mystery, great for England and nowhere near good at club level. I suspect he might find Arsenals way of playing suiting him better but I do have doubts over his ability to control the ball and keep it which is a big part of the way Arsenal try to keep possession of the ball. If he manages to control the ball you can be sure to see him fall over instead.

19 years ago in 1995 I saw Morrissey at Wembley Arena when he supported Bowie. Many Moz fans left when he was done and walked over to Wembley Stadium to watch the second half of England-Switzerland. Swiss were of course then managed by now England manager Roy Hodgson who had a fantastic World Cup in USA with the swiss the year before.

Hodgson seemed very frustrated during the game yesterday and I think it is down to the players not doing what he wants them to do. It must be very frustrating to try and make players play the way you want them to and watching it fail. This game did show potential and the England side felt fresher than they have in a long time. Qualifying is not the problem it is the play off syndrome they need to shake off.

Yeah, England seem able to scrape through and win these qualifiers only to fail miserably at the big tournaments. England wasted loads of clear cut chances and should have put the game to bed early on.

Welbeck continue to be somewhat of a mystery, great for England and nowhere near good at club level. I suspect he might find Arsenals way of playing suiting him better but I do have doubts over his ability to control the ball and keep it which is a big part of the way Arsenal try to keep possession of the ball. If he manages to control the ball you can be sure to see him fall over instead.

19 years ago in 1995 I saw Morrissey at Wembley Arena when he supported Bowie. Many Moz fans left when he was done and walked over to Wembley Stadium to watch the second half of England-Switzerland. Swiss were of course then managed by now England manager Roy Hodgson who had a fantastic World Cup in USA with the swiss the year before.

Hodgson seemed very frustrated during the game yesterday and I think it is down to the players not doing what he wants them to do. It must be very frustrating to try and make players play the way you want them to and watching it fail. This game did show potential and the England side felt fresher than they have in a long time. Qualifying is not the problem it is the play off syndrome they need to shake off.

On Wellbeck, I sometimes wonder how he got to play at that level but then I guess he's got attributes that see him through. Like the time when he raced through after that flick, great play, but then he couldn't pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate at the end of it. Like with a lot of modern footballers his physicality seems to be his main ability.

AztecCamera said:

Thank you for your concern. I'll be sure to file it away under "L" for "Long-winded whining from a sister-f***ing ‘Murican I couldn't care less about."

Charlie Cheswick said:
I think he must be an alco. He comes on after 10 bottles of buckfast and rants incoherently. Either that or he's just a nutjob.

I can only hope he’s an alco. Because the thought that he posts all those inanities completely sober is frightening. That poor bastard.

Anonymous said:
I am all for gay pride!

Oh, what an insult. Thinking me gay. Whoa is me: my feelings are soooo hurt. It's almost as devastating as calling me Baghdad Bob. :lbf: What a dork.

But live in your fantasy world all you like. While in the real world, your shit life awaits you wherein no amount of showering can wash away the shame. Sorry, laddie.

Charlie Cheswick said:
On Wellbeck, I sometimes wonder how he got to play at that level but then I guess he's got attributes that see him through. Like the time when he raced through after that flick, great play, but then he couldn't pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate at the end of it. Like with a lot of modern footballers his physicality seems to be his main ability.

I agree. He’s capable of good performances here and there. For instance, he played brilliantly against Real Madrid ahead of Rooney, but his finishing is mediocre at best. He mucks up so many chances. He frequently has difficulty getting a decent boot on the ball. I don’t know how he expects to get much playing time in front of Sanchez and Giroud.

Thank God for Chelsea and Costalotta, how they will cruise to the title this season. As a United fan I feel they are a better choice than most others and it will be 5 years since they last lifted the league title when they lift it next year. Who'd have thought that back in 2010?

Welbeck was as frustrating as we remember him at United today against City. He just had to lift it over Hart and into the post. Two goals for England and back to his poor club record again but at least he looked able to keep his balance better at Emirates than he did at Old Trafford but it's not winter yet.

City versus Chelsea next and Chelsea will go into it with confidence whereas for City it could be the 3rd league game on the trot without a win. City picking up injuries and the glass player Aguero limped off again against Arsenal. It will be tough for City away to Bayern midweek in the Champions League and Chelsea will be at home.

Back
Top Bottom