The five peak moments on Morrissey's new album by Jordan Bassett - NME Blog

Every one of these supposed 'peaks' can and should be quoted as prosecution arguments that this album is a total catastrophe.

'Peak Morrissey' when he stopped trolling his audience and started trolling himself...without realising it.

Just got the album and have given it a listen.
Not making a point, just contributing to the zeitgeist.l found it worse than bad. It was not only dull but depressing.
What a shame that such a great artist is producing such ghastly plodding music
This not one for the ages.

Every one of these supposed 'peaks' can and should be quoted as prosecution arguments that this album is a total catastrophe.

'Peak Morrissey' when he stopped trolling his audience and started trolling himself...without realising it.

Hey Brumms, where do you predict it'll chart? I think possible just outside the top 10. Number 14?

So much negativity on this site. The same crowd chattering endlessly about whether or not Moz gets a record deal, then about whether or not the new album will be any good, and then about how crap they think it is. Why bother?

So much negativity on this site. The same crowd chattering endlessly about whether or not Moz gets a record deal, then about whether or not the new album will be any good, and then about how crap they think it is. Why bother?

Absolutely. They keep saying he wont get another album deal, won't release another album, etc. And when he does it just gets them angry...

They bother because their lives in the real world are a little bit messed up. And that might well be the understatement of the year.

Hey Brumms, where do you predict it'll chart? I think possible just outside the top 10. Number 14?

I think it'll be top 5, I'm not a huge fan of it now I've actually heard it but I'd preordered multiple versions upfront like many on here so it'll get an inflated chart position vs. it's 'worth'

He won't get another album deal !
If he does Korda Marshall needs shooting LOL !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Personally I comment because I have invested lots of time and money over the years in following Steven Patrick.

It's therefore my right to state a spade is a spade where his new album is concerned. I find it baffling that you can defend this whimper of a release. The tracks from I Bury the Living onwards make songs like Born to Hang and Striptease With a Difference sound positively fantastic.

There at least 248 better albums released this year than this shite

Couldn't agree more Bluebirds.
I have also invested in this clown and so have many more on Stevo-solo. It's only fair that we should tell it as it is.
Down with Stevo.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Personally I comment because I have invested lots of time and money over the years in following Steven Patrick.

It's therefore my right to state a spade is a spade where his new album is concerned. I find it baffling that you can defend this whimper of a release. The tracks from I Bury the Living onwards make songs like Born to Hang and Striptease With a Difference sound positively fantastic.

There at least 248 better albums released this year than this shite
I rate it higher than Years of Refusal and World Peace. It's funny how we are all fans for years but can differ so much on individual albums. But I guess that's a good thing.

248? that's all ?

please list them.

I liked Paul Weller's album 'A Kind Revolution' but can't think of anything else, although I hear that Gary Numan's new album is supposed to be good. That's not even 2 though! Does TQID reissue count? I doubt if anyone could list 248 good albums this year or any year.

In the minority here, I suppose, but I like the album a great deal. It's got a variety of styles, some quite unexpected...not that SPM cares what we all think or were hoping for. I'll pass on most of the 248 "better" albums released this year, I'm sure. Pitchfork and the like never synced with me.
Fingers crossed his health and mental state stay well through the rest of the tour so I can stand next to a bugger complaining about too many new songs being played and screaming for a steak during Meat is Murder (has happened at numerous gigs I've attended the past few tours. The jokes aren't funny anymore for those interested in the show and want to enjoy the hour and twenty minutes of Moz fans paid for)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom