The Films of John C. Reilly cover "Please, Please, Please..." live

Clint Curtis writes:

I'm terribly out of tune on this, but thought you still might find some redemption in it:

Last edited:
I love this so much. He's so excited to perform it and sings it like he believes every word. I don't know what about taking your shirt off that makes it better... It just does tho

What the f*** did I just watch.

I like to post comments that are upbeat and positive, but I can't this time. There is NO redemption in this live rendition.

The vocals and music are simply awful... Is the band trying to "spoof" the song? It seems so. The entire performance seems disrespectful and insincere--like a drunken frat party on stage.

At first glance, it seems that this band hate The Smiths and Morrissey. I am still not sure.

The lead singer seems too old, jaded, and out-of-shape to pose onstage shirtless. What's with the boxer shorts and jeans? His gut hangs over, and he is balding as well. Combine this with awful vocals and terrible musical execution... and you get an atrocity. Is the singer mad, glad, or sad...? You can't tell. This clip leaves me confused, angry, and bored. There is no passion and no creativity at all--the meaning is lost, here.

I didn't know that going bald or having a gut that hangs over was so important, I thought we were talking about music here. It's not the best live rendition I've heard, that's for sure and he sings out of tune but there is a lot of passion there, it's not that hard to see.

Got 1:15 into the video and had to turn it off. No idea who this band is but that was too much. Judging by their banter, they seem like some bar-rock band.

Somebody give that guy a hug! I give the guy an A for effort and for having the balls to stand in front of a crowd and sing that song. Keep on rocking in your 50's dude!! For all the negative comments you should do it then comment.

You are some judgmental f***ers. Let's see and hear you. Go ahead, sing your life. The man admits he was a little off-key and you vicious twats STILL cannot wait to get your catty claws out. "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate--it takes guts to be gentle and kind." Why not live the gospel you preach, bitches?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom