The ethics of vegetarianism

Humans weren't ment to eat meat, you dolt...

> P.S. if we weren't actually meant to be eating meat we'd simply
> be unable to.

Technically, the body of a human isn't meant for meat consumption...

Look it up....

(number 42 to be exact, but reading the whole thing would do you some good...)

49 Reasons...
killcash.jpg

Re: This human wasn't meant to eat meat

It's been ten years since I became a vegetarian. I thought I'd die at first but I didn't. I quit cold turkey! (Joke intended)

When I move into my new home a couple of years ago, one of the first things I did was to frame the Smiths' Meat is Murder sticker to hang in my kitchen to warn the carnivores of my acquaintance to expect the veggies, fruit, and such.

I went to Europe on vacation last month (for the seventh time), and I found it much easier to be a vegetarian than ever before. Menus were laden with vegetarian dishes and many times I was given a special menu. I don't feel so much like a mealtime pariah as I once did.

Re: Humans weren't ment to eat meat, you dolt...

i have a great deal of respect for vegetarians who live their lives based on their beliefs, and who are as respectful of other human being's beliefs as they expect others to be of their vegatarian ideal. i once had a vegan (excuse the spelling if incorrect) tell me that drinking milk was unnatural, so instead she drinks rice milk. the obvious irony here is beautiful. ...and to respond directly, the human body is so obviously meant to do whatever the heck we choose to use it for. humans have eaten meat since before there was a distinction between meat and plants. it is very sad when the open minded close themselves to tolerance of other peoples beliefs, that is what gives vegaterianism a bad reputation.

Re: Humans weren't ment to eat meat, you dolt...

> i have a great deal of respect for vegetarians who live their
> lives based on their beliefs, and who are as respectful of other
> human being's beliefs as they expect others to be of their
> vegatarian ideal. i once had a vegan (excuse the spelling if
> incorrect) tell me that drinking milk was unnatural, so instead
> she drinks rice milk. the obvious irony here is beautiful.
> ...and to respond directly, the human body is so obviously meant
> to do whatever the heck we choose to use it for. humans have
> eaten meat since before there was a distinction between meat and
> plants. it is very sad when the open minded close themselves to
> tolerance of other peoples beliefs, that is what gives
> vegaterianism a bad reputation.

Oh, I've come back to a big Vegetarian rant, humans aren't meant to eat meat alone but we are meant to be omniverous, in evolution the pure vegetarians came first & they had to spend most of their day eating just to stay alive, then came the carnivours, they only required one meat meal every couple of days to survive & the 3rd stage of evolution was the Omnivour, It has the whole foodchain to choose from so in a shortage of food it has a slight advantage over both carnivour & herbivour, our bodies design for omniverousness is undeniable, we still have canine(meat) teeth, Our appendix is small & nearly redundant & the big thing is the eyes on the front of the head (stereo optic vision) instead of on the side, Eyes on the front of the head are exclusive to naturally predatorial creatures, this configuration is especially designed for stalking moving objects, all natural herbivours have eyes on the side of the head because they need to constantly eat & eyes on the side of the head alow them to look behind them for predators while still eating.

Hmm

> We aren't made as vegetarians, we aren't made as carnivours, we
> are omnivours, our jaw and teeth have features for flesh and
> plant.

That only means that if we wanted to chew meat we could, but has no emphasis on whether it is a required part of our diet.

I.E. Chimpanzees.

> You may notice that all the more intelligent creatures eat
> flesh, Dolphines eat flesh, the higher order of primates eat
> flesh, octopus eat flesh and parrots(proven to be quite
> intelligent) eat small creatures, The more complexed and active
> brains require alot of protien, you have to eat several pounds
> of nuts to get the protien available in a few ounces of meat.

Hmmm... interesting, though Gorillas are no doubt some of the most intelligent creatures on this planet, yet they are strictly vegetarian.

There is nothing to say that more complex thinking animals require more protein for their systems to function fully, the only reason an animal would require more protein is if it was an intregal part of its genetic make up, such as a strictly carniverous animal.

Your body will only process a certain amount of protein, the rest will either be dumped or will sap calcium from your bones, so requiring a large amount of protein for the human diet is a major misconception.

An animal's "intelligence" has nothing to do with its requirement for meat, it only means that it can discover more complex ways to overtake other animals during years of evolution when there is a shortage for any other kinds of food, such as plant matter.

Human beins were once strictly vegetarian, the only reason they began eat meating is because they developed the tools to do so, and for environmental reasons such as the ice age when plant matter was not prolific.

If anything, man's ability to factory farm animals for food is only an example of its true selfishness and lack of compassion.

It's funny how when we speak of intelligence, and complexity we are only speaking in terms of ourselves which is no measuring stick. We see intelligence as somehting that improves our lives only, which means nothing when you destroy a plantet and all the other inhabitants that dwell on it, that's simply carelessness and selfish disregard, not intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom