Morrissey Central "The End" (August 14, 2020)

The posts don't mean he wasn't complying in real life & it doesn't mean the family share the same opinions.

...also I have yet to come across an anti mask theorist who actually does wear a mask.

I know of several including a whole family of them who refuse to wear masks and I have seen them in a local supermarket without them on and nobody is enforcing it.

...also I have yet to come across an anti mask theorist who actually does wear a mask.

I know of several including a whole family of them who refuse to wear masks and I have seen them in a local supermarket without them on and nobody is enforcing it.
I don't think supermarkets in the UK are enforcing it, and many have said they will not enforce it. There are certain groups of people who have been allowed concessions for various reasons.

I don't think supermarkets in the UK are enforcing it, and many have said they will not enforce it. There are certain groups of people who have been allowed concessions for various reasons.

The people I talk about don't have concessions, they believe the lockdown was a conspiracy and they don't believe masks are required and never have. They have never abided by any lockdown restrictions. There are many of these people. The illegal ravers, the deniers, the conspiracists.

Totally agree, Boz will be able to offer him support. I am sure that Johnny (and Angie) will have been in contact. JM shares the Irish connection and his own Mum (Frances) became friends with Elizabeth when The Smiths took off, Morrissey wanted them to get to know each other.

Sorry, Amy; you’re rather naive here.
Just because someone’s mother was born in the same country, doesn’t mean their son’s will show solidaritary at such a time. Maybe they will share a call: not sure it matters. All
In alll, hopefully Morrissey is ok in time. No doubt there is folk around him.

I thought Morrissey was seen in Hale without a mask two weeks ago?

That aside if Sam wasn't complying when not in the house are you saying he never visited his Gran throughout the whole lockdown and restriction period?

I assume he has been to her house and used the facilities therein and chosen not to comply with what he considers to be fake in and out of her house.

The mask wasn't compulsory back then & it's still not compulsory outside.

Sam's posts have been focused on vaccines we don't have & the police - but he met his cousin after the lockdown was lifted & it sounded like a reunion. So I think he stuck to social distance rules at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

They're trying to encourage it rather than enforce it - the police putting out pedantic videos shaming people alone on hills & in parks did a huge amount of damage.

I think some people are complaining but complying?

The Boorers have made the trip to Ireland (Boz having just come back from Portugal to feed/assist the dog's charity they support out there).
They both travel on Irish passports and it's pretty obvious why they are there now.

FWD.

The secret of music.

From wikipedia:

Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet is a 1971 composition by Gavin Bryars based on a loop of an unknown homeless man singing a brief improvised[1] stanza.[2] Rich harmonies, comprising string and brass, are gradually overlaid over the stanza. The piece was first recorded for use in a documentary which chronicles street life in and around Elephant and Castle and Waterloo, in London. When later listening to the recordings, Bryars noticed the clip was in tune with his piano and that it conveniently looped into 13 bars.[3] For the first LP recording, he was limited to a duration of 25 minutes; later he completed a 60-minute version of the piece for cassette tape; and with the advent of the CD, a 74-minute version. It was shortlisted for the 1993 Mercury Prize.

Bryars says:

In 1971, when I lived in London, I was working with a friend, Alan Power, on a film about people living rough in the area around Elephant and Castle and Waterloo Station. In the course of being filmed, some people broke into drunken song – sometimes bits of opera, sometimes sentimental ballads – and one, who in fact did not drink, sang a religious song "Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet". This was not ultimately used in the film and I was given all the unused sections of tape, including this one.
When I played it at home, I found that his singing was in tune with my piano, and I improvised a simple accompaniment. I noticed, too, that the first section of the song – 13 bars in length – formed an effective loop which repeated in a slightly unpredictable way [in the notes for the 1993 recording on Point, Bryars wrote that while the singer's pitch was quite accurate, his sense of tempo was irregular]. I took the tape loop to Leicester, where I was working in the Fine Art Department, and copied the loop onto a continuous reel of tape, thinking about perhaps adding an orchestrated accompaniment to this. The door of the recording room opened on to one of the large painting studios and I left the tape copying, with the door open, while I went to have a cup of coffee. When I came back I found the normally lively room unnaturally subdued. People were moving about much more slowly than usual and a few were sitting alone, quietly weeping.
I was puzzled until I realised that the tape was still playing and that they had been overcome by the old man's singing. This convinced me of the emotional power of the music and of the possibilities offered by adding a simple, though gradually evolving, orchestral accompaniment that respected the homeless man's nobility and simple faith. Although he died before he could hear what I had done with his singing, the piece remains as an eloquent, but understated testimony to his spirit and optimism."[4]
Thank you for contextualizing. It made a lot of difference when I listened to the music.

Sorry, Amy; you’re rather naive here.
Just because someone’s mother was born in the same country, doesn’t mean their son’s will show solidaritary at such a time. Maybe they will share a call: not sure it matters. All
In alll, hopefully Morrissey is ok in time. No doubt there is folk around him.

Well, it's not the only reason but it's part of their history, isn't it? When your story with someone goes all the way back to Stretford and plotting 'the dream' in their Mum's semi-detached, before fame, you don't then ignore a momentous family death. It would be like Morrissey ignoring the death of someone like Angie (God forbid), someone who had been there from the start. Wouldn't happen.

Well, it's not the only reason but it's part of their history, isn't it? When your story with someone goes all the way back to Stretford and plotting 'the dream' in their Mum's semi-detached, before fame, you don't then ignore a momentous family death. It would be like Morrissey ignoring the death of someone like Angie (God forbid), someone who had been there from the start. Wouldn't happen.
Still it might happen, though it shouldn'd.

I hope they get in touch somehow.

Course it could happen
People fall out. It’s life.

Yeah, I hope they would.

Course it could happen
People fall out. It’s life.
Even after “falling out”, it’s still appropriate to recognize the loss. Both as a means of showing empathy and as means of celebrating the relationship that once was. JM will offer his condolences in a way that he sees fit. I’d wager that - at the very least - he will send flowers for the family and a personal note to Morrissey.

...and it’s NONE of ANYBODY’s business, outside the personal bubble of family and friends.

They're trying to encourage it rather than enforce it - the police putting out pedantic videos shaming people alone on hills & in parks did a huge amount of damage.

I think some people are complaining but complying?

I don't see compliance. I was in a supermarket yesterday and there were people in every aisle I walked into not wearing masks and in the queue for the tills I was the only person wearing one except the staff at the tills.

The family I was talking about have had parties almost every weekend since lockdown started with people from multiple households and they state that the whole thing is a con and have tried to convert me to that idea. These people are not uncommon. Another house near me has had people visiting all the way through lockdown and I saw one of them in a local shop last week with no mask.

The footage of illegal raves and house parties and parties in parks etc clearly show people aren't complying.

I think you make assumptions there. There has been a lot of stuff happen since those days. I assume there may be a card, or some flowers or even a quick call but hugs or support and counselling I very much doubt and he may not even have a recent phone number since they haven't been in touch for decades.

I built a successful dream 40 years ago with my friend and we drifted a long time ago and he sold up his part of the business to me. He was a family friend but none of us have had any contact in years and we have moved and none of the numbers from back then exist any more.

People move on and open new chapters and often don't go back.

The Boorers have made the trip to Ireland (Boz having just come back from Portugal to feed/assist the dog's charity they support out there).
They both travel on Irish passports and it's pretty obvious why they are there now.

FWD.

Boz was on holiday in Ireland already on his Facebook page before the death was announced.

Boz was on holiday in Ireland already on his Facebook page before the death was announced.
Yes, you would see that information in another thread at the time.
They flew to Belfast on the 12th and were pictured en route to Dublin on the 13th aprox 10 hours prior to the death announcement - not really already 'on holiday' is it?
They both got to Dublin in the late afternoon of the 13th. The announcement came in the small hours of the 14th.
They were actually intending on a holiday in Portugal.
FWD.

I don't see compliance. I was in a supermarket yesterday and there were people in every aisle I walked into not wearing masks and in the queue for the tills I was the only person wearing one except the staff at the tills.

The family I was talking about have had parties almost every weekend since lockdown started with people from multiple households and they state that the whole thing is a con and have tried to convert me to that idea. These people are not uncommon. Another house near me has had people visiting all the way through lockdown and I saw one of them in a local shop last week with no mask.

The footage of illegal raves and house parties and parties in parks etc clearly show people aren't complying.

It's not that bad where I am.

I would assume the announcement would be a little while after the death. It's usual to inform everyone & make arrangements before it hits social media.

Central is a law unto itself though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom