The Drivel Thread

Writing in ink a lot helps me to know how I feel. Keeping the pen moving faster than my inner censor can keep up with me gets me blurting out how I really feel.
Well I can write how I feel, I've done that hundreds of times, but I've no clue how to answer the not so simple question of "How Are You Doing?"

Is it a boy? Is it a girl? It is your crush? Have you tried talking to them about things that you like, or that interest you first? What do you actually want to talk to them about? Because that’s probably a great thing to start with!
Well it's my boyfriend… but that doesn't really matter, he's my best friend too. But I don't know if he's just busy or just doesn't know what to say, but I won't get to see him in person for 4 more months, and I want to talk to him more often but I have such a hard time over and over trying to initiate a conversation because I'm just not good at conversation anyway, much worse at starting them.

Well it's my boyfriend… but that doesn't really matter, he's my best friend too. But I don't know if he's just busy or just doesn't know what to say, but I won't get to see him in person for 4 more months, and I want to talk to him more often but I have such a hard time over and over trying to initiate a conversation because I'm just not good at conversation anyway, much worse at starting them.
Well that sounds exciting. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as goes the phrase. Did you ever consider that maybe you’re a great conversation starter? And that maybe your boyfriend is a totally rubbish conversation picker-upper?

Do you know his star sign? Don’t tell me he’s a Cancerian, because they’re the absolute best at letting conversations drop :rolleyes: . Like it’s their JOB

Aww, born to harangue, are you sadfacing me because you’re a Cancerian and because I said crabby Cancercians like to drop conversations? I was just chit chatting with Ballerina! Cancerians need to go into their shells sometimes. Cancerians are also the most loyal and the most sensitive souls! How about that?!

Well that sounds exciting. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as goes the phrase. Did you ever consider that maybe you’re a great conversation starter? And that maybe your boyfriend is a totally rubbish conversation picker-upper?

Do you know his star sign? Don’t tell me he’s a Cancerian, because they’re the absolute best at letting conversations drop :rolleyes: . Like it’s their JOB
Haha he's a Taurus, but I don't believe in astrology.
But either way, I don't know what to do…

I don't wish I had something exciting to say. I'm enjoying some drama free time in my life currently, except for some dietary concerns. That neighbour that borrowed $50 at the beginning of convid, to pay for her groceries I bought, finally paid me back yesterday, in cash! A crisp fifty dollar bill she gave me. The other neighbour who misses me slaving for her, has ceased leaving voicemails, and her father has too, though I won't be surprised if they leave me more, saying she's ill and she might die or something that I'm expected to respond to the urgency of. I won't though.

I'm enjoying the sun filtering through the blind, and the sound of children playing road hockey. I don't know how they get away with it, with all the parked cars that could get damaged. My olive coloured corduroy recliner got spilled on with vanilla oat milk a month ago, and I was afraid mold would grow in it, but I smell none. Just a little vanilla scent clings to the bum of my sweatpants. At first it freaked me out as I was expecting mold and I wanted to get rid of the recliner, and refused to sit in it for about a week, but I missed it terribly and am okay with the vanilla now, because it's an extremely comfortable chair, though it's bad for my posture.

I wish I would be more of a go getter, be more productive, paint more, clean more, brush my teeth more, write memoir more, cook more, walk/run more, as usual. Wishing, rather than doing.

I don't wish I had something exciting to say. I'm enjoying some drama free time in my life currently, except for some dietary concerns. That neighbour that borrowed $50 at the beginning of convid, to pay for her groceries I bought, finally paid me back yesterday, in cash! A crisp fifty dollar bill she gave me. The other neighbour who misses me slaving for her, has ceased leaving voicemails, and her father has too, though I won't be surprised if they leave me more, saying she's ill and she might die or something that I'm expected to respond to the urgency of. I won't though.

I'm enjoying the sun filtering through the blind, and the sound of children playing road hockey. I don't know how they get away with it, with all the parked cars that could get damaged. My olive coloured corduroy recliner got spilled on with vanilla oat milk a month ago, and I was afraid mold would grow in it, but I smell none. Just a little vanilla scent clings to the bum of my sweatpants. At first it freaked me out as I was expecting mold and I wanted to get rid of the recliner, and refused to sit in it for about a week, but I missed it terribly and am okay with the vanilla now, because it's an extremely comfortable chair, though it's bad for my posture.

I wish I would be more of a go getter, be more productive, paint more, clean more, brush my teeth more, write memoir more, cook more, walk/run more, as usual. Wishing, rather than doing.
i don’t know if i’m missing something but why aren’t you washing the spill area? If you spilled it a month ago and if your chair still smells like vanilla it reads as though you never washed the accident spot

i don’t know if i’m missing something but why aren’t you washing the spill area? If you spilled it a month ago and if your chair still smells like vanilla it reads as though you never washed the accident spot
No, I haven't washed it because it's deep into the foam of the chair.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom