I wonder why he let me go
I used to love his black curly hair
His brown eyes
And crooked, beaked nose
I would do almost anything for him
But compulsive lying to me
Broke the spell
You should be locked up, you're dangerous

I'm remembering a man who dropped me like a hot potato when he believed I'd cheated on him. He never confronted me about it, so he'll go to his grave thinking I cheated on him, because I left it up to him, to confront me, and he never did. I felt that if he didn't love me enough to confront me, then I wouldn't stand in his way. I would have felt that I was feeding an unbalanced relationship, if I would have been the one to talk of the fact that I was faithful to him. He rejected me, so, it was up to him, to confront me. If I'd been the one rejecting him, I think I would have told him why, so that he could correct me if there had merely been a misunderstanding. The fact that he chose to convict me without a trial, goes to show, that he didn't really love me, so, he goes on believing that I'm the low life who cheated, and he's the superior, moral person between us.
Doubt this fictitious person is even thinking about you

I'm remembering a man who dropped me like a hot potato when he believed I'd cheated on him. He never confronted me about it, so he'll go to his grave thinking I cheated on him, because I left it up to him, to confront me, and he never did. I felt that if he didn't love me enough to confront me, then I wouldn't stand in his way. I would have felt that I was feeding an unbalanced relationship, if I would have been the one to talk of the fact that I was faithful to him. He rejected me, so, it was up to him, to confront me. If I'd been the one rejecting him, I think I would have told him why, so that he could correct me if there had merely been a misunderstanding. The fact that he chose to convict me without a trial, goes to show, that he didn't really love me, so, he goes on believing that I'm the low life who cheated, and he's the superior, moral person between us.
Dropped (Like a Hot Potato) is a good song title.

Mike

He was cruel to animals
I'm lucky he only raped me
My boy'friend'
Forced kisses after I broke it off with him
Bad breath even after he brushed his teeth
He nearly snapped my neck once
I wonder why he let me go
I used to love his black curly hair
His brown eyes
And crooked, beaked nose
I would do almost anything for him
But compulsive lying to me
Broke the spell
Bro, you have to stop giving away your book on this site.

I was at my friend's shop. There are big plate glass windows and one has had a small crack in it for months. She was getting ready to close and pushed this cart inside. This big heavy iron candlestick fell off the cart and hit the window that was already cracked. A piece fell out and the crack went all the way up so she has to replace it tomorrow.
So she says, "I'm not going to tell..." and I already knew what she was going to say. There is this other antiques dealer that is kind of her partner but he is "over it" and hardly comes in now. She doesn't want to tell him that how the window broke. Since it was already cracked it was inevitable and she was saying that she'll just say the the crack started splitting all by itself.
The partner hates it when cars go by playing "rap" with lots of bass so I thought that would be perfect and said she could say that there was a really loud car that shook the windows and it broke from where it was cracked.
She thought that was a great idea.
So two minutes later he shows up! I was outside and he asked me what happened so I lied and told him the car/bass story. We went inside and she said the same thing.

But now I know I should have just shut up and stayed out of it because I know her pretty well. She loves drama and I know he's going to ask her again and she's going to tell the truth, because drama, and my story (my LIE!) that I told because he's a dick and I didn't want to hear him complain and blame her is going to come out and he will know I lied.

I actually hate lying to people because I feel it means they have some power over you. Otherwise you'd just tell the truth and they could deal with it. But I thought it was a good story and more fun than the truth, and also like I said, he is a dick who complains about everything she does even though he hardly ever does anything so it just seemed like the thing to do. But it wasn't. I know it. She will tell the truth and not because it's the right thing to do but because it will keep the drama going.

I guess it doesn't matter because I hardly ever see him and don't really care what he thinks but it was a mistake anyway.

I have Garage Band. I used it years ago to make those songs with Rob, which I call Sharrissey songs. But I don't remember how to use it. I'll play with the app tonight.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom