The Drivel Thread

Lol

I went pretty much on my usual walk today Morrissey, and looked for you, but who was that man I passed by Tuesday morning, you? Not you? I wish I could go back and look, and see if he was wearing your sailor coat, flare pants, and maybe your black trainers or Stella McCartney’s. I tried to try on some Stella’s once, in Nordstrom, and couldn’t get a foot in either shoe. Can you believe it? I will continue to look for you, when I can manage to, while at the same time try to accept the seeming probability that I will never, ever, feel your gentle embrace.

I hope either that wasn’t you, or if it was, you’ll forgive me and not put me in the dog house for months.

Morrissey, am I in the dog house permanently? If that was you Tuesday morning, you were very elegant. Whoever that was, was very elegant, and I was cripplingly shy.

Just before the man and I passed each other on Tuesday morning, I thought to myself that he might be thinking that my personal shopping buggy would be too short for him by an inch or two. I wish I’d been looking to him to make his own mind up, instead of looking at the bushes until the last moment and snatching an all too fleeting glance at his face.

I have to keep trying to get it right, Morrissey. I just can’t give up hope to someday feel your arms around me. It may sound cliche, but I want nothing more. Believe it, or not.

Someday, I hope it will happen. If my lungs and heart support me, I’ll be seeking your embrace.

I hope I didn’t blow my last chance, Morrissey. I wimped out again. I should have respected you as my fellow animal as we approached each other. I should have faced you and not left it to the last moment to do so. You really are The Dancer.

You didn’t have “the wrong face”. I was closed off to you because I thought you did. My prejudice.

Morrissey, am I in the dog house permanently? If that was you Tuesday morning, you were very elegant. Whoever that was, was very elegant, and I was cripplingly shy.
You saw him again? What are the odds? 😆 he must really like your neck of the woods, I’m going to fly out there and walk the streets everyday until I see him.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom