The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

They can't give 'em away cry baby :D :D :D

Can you give some idea of what authority and when it’s going to be formally announced? I have to book train tickets

Dust, to get accurate info, just phone the Leeds Arena, I'm sure they could give accurate updates, or let you know if there are any issues re; possible cancellations for whatever reason, i.e. corona stuff.

I doubt he'll cancel Leeds re: coronavirus. If he does he'll have to cancel Wembley, Cologne and Paris.
He could cancel Leeds only for logistical reasons but that will backfire in terms of future insurance and it'll piss off some fans.

It's likely his management will continue to try to off-load tickets via Yorkshire Evening Post etc. till the very last minute. Morrissey is no stranger to extremely late cancellation notice.

& yet here you are, interested in him... which is all an artist needs to survive whatever life throws at them.
Bollocks. Curiosity in a fan site is all it is. A fan site who's object of affection has asked fans to block said fan site. But, here you are.

Yes, that's right. Artists survive only on interest. They have absolutely no need of cash coming in from record and ticket sales. What childish tosh!

I doubt he'll cancel Leeds re: coronavirus. If he does he'll have to cancel Wembley, Cologne and Paris.
He could cancel Leeds only for logistical reasons but that will backfire in terms of future insurance and it'll piss off some fans.

It's likely his management will continue to try to off-load tickets via Yorkshire Evening Post etc. till the very last minute. Morrissey is no stranger to extremely late cancellation notice.

I don't think any cancellations will be down to Moz...it'll be the venue calling the shots, based in turn on advice which they receive, whether that's in UK, France or Germany.

I don't think any cancellations will be down to Moz...it'll be the venue calling the shots, based in turn on advice which they receive, whether that's in UK, France or Germany.
Er, no. Valiant try though. Another case of 'Morrissey won't be to blame' ugh!

The venue will get all, or a percentage of the venue hire costs, regardless of show/no show. This close to a show I'd suggest the venue would be looking for 100% of the venue hire fee. Venues enter into contractual agreements. A venue might suggest cancellation if the number attending wouldn't bring in enough profit at the bars. As this is a poorly attended show the venue will only open certain bars to minimise staff costs.

When Morrissey cancelled his previous UK tour are you really suggesting that all of the venues contacted his tour manager and forced the cancellations?

Er, no. Valiant try though. Another case of 'Morrissey won't be to blame' ugh!

The venue will get all, or a percentage of the venue hire costs, regardless of show/no show. This close to a show I'd suggest the venue would be looking for 100% of the venue hire fee. Venues enter into contractual agreements. A venue might suggest cancellation if the number attending wouldn't bring in enough profit at the bars. As this is a poorly attended show the venue will only open certain bars to minimise staff costs.

When Morrissey cancelled his previous UK tour are you really suggesting that all of the venues contacted his tour manager and forced the cancellations?

Er, no. I'm thinking that a decision at possibly government levels will dictate whether events such as this will proceed. The virus is moving quickly though UK currently. Already events such as these are being cancelled across Europe, based on government say so. The venue & Morrissey will have no say in it, if this is the case. I hope the show goes ahead, whereas you clearly take a differing view. Start reading the news.

C-Virus latest UK

Now standing at 51 cases, up by 12 on yesterday's figures.

Just for context:

Festivals

Glastonbury
: There are growing question-marks over the public-health security of large British festivals such as Glastonbury, which last year was attended by approximately 175,000 people, after France, Italy and Switzerland all imposed restrictions on large public gatherings.

So far, 135,000 tickets have been sold for Glastonbury 2020, due to take place from June 24–28. As yet, there has been no word from the organisers on how the outbreak may affect this year's festival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, no. I'm thinking that a decision at possibly government levels will dictate whether events such as this will proceed. The virus is moving quickly though UK currently. Already events such as these are being cancelled across Europe, based on government say so. The venue & Morrissey will have no say in it, if this is the case. I hope the show goes ahead, whereas you clearly take a differing view. Start reading the news.

C-Virus latest UK

Just for context:

Festivals

Glastonbury
: There are growing question-marks over the public-health security of large British festivals such as Glastonbury, which last year was attended by approximately 175,000 people, after France, Italy and Switzerland all imposed restrictions on large public gatherings.

So far, 135,000 tickets have been sold for Glastonbury 2020, due to take place from June 24–28. As yet, there has been no word from the organisers on how the outbreak may affect this year's festival.

Yeah - I think we're probably going to push back our previews.

Only Morrissey could have his only 2 UK concerts coincide with a disease outbreak.

C-Virus latest UK

Just for context:

Festivals

Glastonbury

What! 51 out of 65,000,000? PANIC

C-Virus latest UK

Just for context:

Festivals

Glastonbury

That's not context that's distraction from your original point relating to Morrissey's own responsibility.

Yeah - I think we're probably going to push back our previews.

Only Morrissey could have his only 2 UK concerts coincide with a disease outbreak.
No. Several bands face the same dilemma UK and worldwide. Muppet. 4 EU/UK shows. If he cancels it's how he cancels.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom