The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Today the venue blocked off even more sections at Leeds. It seems it knew it could never sell more seats. It's now trying to focus sales in front of the stage by closing more side sections. Shocker!

Just had a look at ticketmaster, and a large number of seats have suddenly become unavailable, as if the gig is going ahead but they are giving up on certain sections. Section 219, for example was almost entirely unsold yesterday, but today every seat shows as grey.

Wow! Tickets sales in Leeds are bad. Closing more sections is going to make the place feel like an aeroplane hanger. I checked Ticketmaster this morning and all previous sections (with loads of availability) were accessible. Seems someone has had a hard dose of reality and has decided to herd folk to the front of the stage area.

Wow! Tickets sales in Leeds are bad. Closing more sections is going to make the place feel like an aeroplane hanger. I checked Ticketmaster this morning and all previous sections (with loads of availability) were accessible. Seems someone has had a hard dose of reality and has decided to herd folk to the front of the stage area.

Absolutely
I’ll be there as well as the other 3, but soft shite and forum liar Vegan Cro is telling anyone who will listen they’re all sold out and it’s another success.
It absolutely proves that that guy does not attend Moz gigs.

The main article to this thread is right on the money but it's not just the UK. Tickets are selling poorly in the US too. Not one venue has sold out. Not one!

I don’t know why people are so against the facts. Tickets are selling poorly and Morrissey’s views have pissed a lot of people of so the two are likely related. Whenever this is pointed out people just shoot it down. No one’s attacking him personally, they’re just stating what are basic facts.

Looks like they have sectioned off a number of the 2nd tier areas as well now to try and push last minute sales into the central areas. Looks like maximum 5k attendance at a place that holds 13k. Something has definitely changed?

I don’t know why people are so against the facts. Tickets are selling poorly and Morrissey’s views have pissed a lot of people of so the two are likely related. Whenever this is pointed out people just shoot it down. No one’s attacking him personally, they’re just stating what are basic facts.

But the problem with what you're saying is, none of it is based on FACT...it's purely your (or other people's) reasoning, opinion, & speculation as to why the tickets aren't, allegedly, selling. These aren't facts at all.

What is a fact is that tickets are selling...just not in the huge quantities, or at the speed in which they might have done in the past. There could be multiple & varied reasons, not just the ones which you're suggesting. Let's wait for the final attendance figures from the arena, which will then be final, conclusive, & more importantly, factual. Until then it's all speculation.

Looks like they have sectioned off a number of the 2nd tier areas as well now to try and push last minute sales into the central areas. Looks like maximum 5k attendance at a place that holds 13k. Something has definitely changed?

Yet vegan cro and that deluded Thewlis tell us all something different. How everything is a great success, it’s all wonderful news etc.

Despite the fact I’ll be at the upcoming gigs and I’ve loved following Morrissey, he’s turned into a sad, pathetic, childish individual who’s self importance is beyond any normal persons limits. Sad really, but true. He’s well and truly destroying his legacy.

scrap all the new songs, and play the back catalogue. It’s his only shot at redemption. Oh, and banish the last three albums.

And vegan and Thewlis: before you put my post as a troll, I’ve done more gigs that the pair of you put together.

But the problem with what you're saying is, none of it is based on FACT...it's purely your (or other people's) reasoning, opinion, & speculation as to why the tickets aren't, allegedly, selling. These aren't facts at all.

What is a fact is that tickets are selling...just not in the huge quantities, or at the speed in which they might have done in the past. There could be multiple & varied reasons, not just the ones which you're suggesting. Let's wait for the final attendance figures from the arena, which will then be final, conclusive, & more importantly, factual. Until then it's all speculation.

It’s stupid to think that Morrissey’s views pissing people off aren’t related to poor ticket sales. Yes a lot of people aren’t well off financial right now, but other artists shows are still selling a lot better than this. Yes, people might be concerned about coronavirus, but once again other artists shows are still selling better than this. There’s a multitudes of reasons but his inflammatory opinions make up a large part of that.

No, you're just trying to be provocative.
Even you, back earlier in this very thread, recently admitted c.7500 had been sold, & stated there were c.1k unsold at that time.
13k was never on the cards as well you know....that's why the top tier was never opened up for sale, which, using your own figures, then knocked c.5k off max capacity....so we're down to max capacity c.8/8.5k already.
It makes total sense for the arena to consolidate the crowd in the way they have.
You're just re-posting drivel to add negativity to the thread, & to get reactions.

Leeds & London were chosen because of their accessibility from anywhere in the UK, I've noticed on different social media fans saying why not Manchester, why not Scotland, why not Wales, why not Northern Ireland or even Ireland for that matter etc etc I reckon a journey to Leeds is no problem from anywhere in the UK so why not get a ticket and make that journey to see Moz? If not Leeds then London, go for it! Thing is, we have no idea when he may be back in UK, last gig here was 2 years ago, seize the day Moz fans and back The Great Man!

It’s stupid to think that Morrissey’s views pissing people off aren’t related to poor ticket sales. Yes a lot of people aren’t well off financial right now, but other artists shows are still selling a lot better than this. Yes, people might be concerned about coronavirus, but once again other artists shows are still selling better than this. There’s a multitudes of reasons but his inflammatory opinions make up a large part of that.

No, what's stupid is stating something as being a fact, when clearly, none of what you said was factual at all. What you or people 'think' isn't a fact, is it?

These shows were announced many weeks before coronavirus. Normally, 90% of the tickets for an M tour would have been snapped up within a few days of going on sale. The fan-base has haemorrhaged. Fingers crossed it will; return but not whilst he remains an official supporter of a far-right political party (assuming that post expressing his support is still up there).

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom