The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

If we were that way inclined, which is to the contrary ( you haven’t grasped this just yet) then hovis would round you up , put you in a field, then I would blow your only brain cell out.... one less closet homosexual for horse head Hofmann to worry about..... and his ilk

No. Do go on. You paint an inviting picture of the NEW Morrissey fan. It seems it's more Zeig Heil than I thought.

PARIS NOT SOLD OUT!

I have to say that those of you who argue otherwise would like to think of yourself as fans.

I make this comment: you'd be utterly shite at getting tickets if you needed them.

There are not many tickets left ... maybe 20 or so, but it has not sold out.

Of course my view is not the only view - I realise that, which is why I am more tolerant than you of differing opinions. Now when someone effectively threatens to brick your windows for having an opinion (like you did) then you should have taken the 'clown' comment on the chin.

I am a nobody. I hold no power over how other people choose to think, but I will air my opinions whether they upset people or not. People have heatedly debated and argued since the time of the Ancient Greeks about every subject under the sun. Nothing should ever be out of bounds in discussion.

To view opinions you disagree with as 'prejudiced' is highly condescending as I could simply state the same about yours. Words like 'prejudiced' and 'racist' are fairly recent devices that are used as weapons to close down discussions and debates. Which is why they should be ignored. No one opinion is necessarily the right one. The idea of there being only only view to hold on a subject - or else! - smacks of the kind of totalitarianism that Orwell warned us of.

Only 130 years ago we were sending children to work 18 hour shifts in toxic factories and thinking it was fine. It's fashionable now to support family-friendly gayness and trans issues, but what will be fashionable in 20, 50 or a hundred years? Will paedophilia be fashionable then, and will people be berated and warned for speaking out against it?
A well presented response as always... you forgot the word shit stabber... and all the other nasty words that you use, so now your well presented words fall flat....you are a somebody, you have a voice , your female, that nowerdays is a very strong , and effective, don’t quote the Greeks I’m into the here and now... yes child rape by other nationals is criminally vulgar, my ex wife had dealt with this issue in her day job, I know this much....you quote Orwell, as the clocks were striking thirteen and Hofmann smells of cabbage....children do not go up chimneys any more... they have to suck cock.. we know all this...I will tell you again pippy I’m not in the business of scarring females, again please accept this apology if you felt threatened.....

A well presented response as always... you forgot the word shit stabber... and all the other nasty words that you use, so now your well presented words fall flat....you are a somebody, you have a voice , your female, that nowerdays is a very strong , and effective, don’t quote the Greeks I’m into the here and now... yes child rape by other nationals is criminally vulgar, my ex wife had dealt with this issue in her day job, I know this much....you quote Orwell, as the clocks were striking thirteen and Hofmann smells of cabbage....children do not go up chimneys any more... they have to suck cock.. we know all this...I will tell you again pippy I’m not in the business of scarring females, again please accept this apology if you felt threatened.....
Okay I accept!

So, your defensive rationale for why his ticket sales might be down include Morrissey alienating fans with the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth, his shitty new music, millennials having short attention spans and miscellanous 'fans' going to other, more preferable concerts. That's quite a lot of variables for your big "IF" huh?
It wasn't defensive, as evidenced in point 2, your honour. I submit exhibit A: a signed affidavit from me stating I don't give a toss if Moz stops playing big venues to indifferent 'event' crowds.

Talk about 2 faced. You accuse me of being a closet gay but finger point at the vile thing because she says shit stabber. You're both almost as bad as each other with the vile thing leading, obviously.

Interestingly a comment I posted re: felching cum whore never appeared but the homophobic craps is rarely censored.

Of course my view is not the only view - I realise that, which is why I am more tolerant than you of differing opinions. Now when someone effectively threatens to brick your windows for having an opinion (like you did) then you should have taken the 'clown' comment on the chin.

I am a nobody. I hold no power over how other people choose to think, but I will air my opinions whether they upset people or not. People have heatedly debated and argued since the time of the Ancient Greeks about every subject under the sun. Nothing should ever be out of bounds in discussion.

To view opinions you disagree with as 'prejudiced' is highly condescending as I could simply state the same about yours. Words like 'prejudiced' and 'racist' are fairly recent devices that are used as weapons to close down discussions and debates. Which is why they should be ignored. No one opinion is necessarily the right one. The idea of there being only only view to hold on a subject - or else! - smacks of the kind of totalitarianism that Orwell warned us of.
You simply have to love the delusional nature of these bigoted keyboard warriors who think of themselves as f***ing Socrates for typing "homosexuality is gross" onto a Morrissey messageboard. Can't make this shit up.

He ought to, and most artists would. But he's narcissistic and bloody-minded. I can see him maybe doing a one-off at some smaller heritage venue. But I think it's likely he will just give up on the idea of UK tours. Kudos to him if he doesn't do that, though.
I agree. Today (err when today was Wednesday) I got a ticket to see Suede in May, with Peter Hook as support band. I'm thrilled. Before that I have Nick Cave to look forward to, followed by Pixies. I'm sure I will find even more great concerts later this year. Which is my way of saying "yes I'd like to see Moz in concert this year but if he doesn't come to Ireland I'm not gonna cry".

You simply have to love the delusional nature of these bigoted keyboard warriors who think of themselves as f***ing Socrates for typing "homosexuality is gross" onto a Morrissey messageboard. Can't make this shit up.
I've already said that I am a nobody. But I have an opinion. And nowadays having an opinion is the most dangerous and threatening thing you can possess.

To idiots.

I've already said that I am a nobody. But I have an opinion. And nowadays having an opinion is the most dangerous and threatening thing you can possess.

To idiots.
How much credit can one person possibly give themselves for the dumb shit that comes out of their mouth? Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one and yours is particularly foul.

I assume you are including yourself in the bigoted keyboard warrior list seeing that you made pipstrella look like chaim weizmann in the anti semitism thread. im beginning to see you are not the brightest :lightbulb: as you seem to swallow whole every nonsensical Fake Chameleon/Untruth post as if it were scripture.:straightface:

If we were that way inclined, which is to the contrary ( you haven’t grasped this just yet) then hovis would round you up , put you in a field, then I would blow your only brain cell out.... one less closet homosexual for horse head Hofmann to worry about..... and his ilk
I’d talk you out of it CazBaz, and we’d all go for a pint. Though I dare say the irritant would (understandably) feel nervous that we’ve spat in his/hers.

For a troll comment, this is kind of spot on.

I don't think the low ticket sales have anything to do with his weird comments on sexual predators, or his politic beliefs. It's the simple fact that he tours constantly and seeing Morrissey live is about as common as going to the cinema.

Added to that, most people who have seen him in recent years know what to expect. A dull, lackluster set (with occasional flashes of greatness), clocking in at under 90 minutes, filled with songs we're all sick to death of (Paris, Munich Air, IYDLM,DLAM, HSIN, an onslought of covers, and anything off his past two albums).

If Morrissey went out of his way to make this tour special, by rewarding the fans who have stuck by him with a fresh, crowd-pleasing set, this would sell out in seconds. He would get great press and word of mouth and probably win back a lot of jaded fans. But we all know him too well, and realize that won't happen. Fool us once, shame on him, fool us 137+ times??

Facts are sometimes hard to accept, but the band (outside of Boz of course) sucks. His goon squad are incapable of writing good, solid Morrissey songs, and seem to have abandoned guitar rock all together. Morrissey desperately needs Alain Whyte's songwriting, his output has suffered greatly since his departure. Ideally, bring Alain back, sack Jesse, and Gustavo, and bring in Stephen Street to produce a new album (while also contributing a couple of songs). That's as likely as a Smiths reunion sadly.

And his quality control in all areas does indeed sucks. His no-talent, oxygen-thief of a nephew does his best to tarnish his uncle's image with his laughable album/single covers, and rank amateur blog posts that reak of a mid-90s internet presence.

Morrissey is an incredibly selfish performer, who values his new material to an absurd degree. It is to his detriment sadly, as he is doing himself no favors. If this is the way Morrissey goes out... with a whimper, it'll be sad indeed. He still has it in him to do a course correction, but all indicators point to that not happen.

I say this with no joy, or satisfaction, only disappointment in an artist I love.

There's a lot of validity in that. Also, getting older and his constant illnesses haven't done him in any favour physically. He's basically Liam Gallagher these days, just standing there.

Glad he's playing of course, but does anyone else think Wembley Arena is a horrible big echoey shed of a building that should have been pulled down like its neighbour the Stadium (which was rebuilt), years ago?

Not the best of venues. Two nights at Brixton would have been better imo.
Moz is great in a run down kip like Glasgow Barrowlands (at least it was a kip when I saw Moz there in 2002. Excellent concert by the way). Hard to believe that was 18 years ago. Feels like 5 years. Anyway, my best Moz concerts have been the smaller tattier venues. I find the arenas a bit soul-less. Still great to see Moz anywhere but I find the arena crowds a bit boring, self absorbed, and slightly distracted by phones. Puzzles me why they pay good money for concerts only to stand like retired replicants from Blade Runner. Those very same mandroids accuse anyone over 40 of being too old for concerts. Their ignorance and lack of self awareness (despite self obsession) is amusing.

How much credit can one person possibly give themselves for the dumb shit that comes out of their mouth? Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one and yours is particularly foul.
Being gay yours is presumably dilated.

I'm not jealous.

To idiots.

What pish! Opinions are important so is respect, compassion, understanding etc. You display none of these qualities. We can all have differing opinions but that doesn't necessarily mean the default language should be one of intolerance and blame.

And I refute that you are nobody. You are somebody who takes pleasure in making hateful comments without any provocation.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom