The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Yere, the guy's talking nonsense.

Motherwell: 1600
Blackpool: 3,000
Portsmoth: already provided

NOT small venues.

Morrissey has played small venues in the past: town halls and the like - these are small venues. Those chosen for the Boxers tour were not small venues. They were the largest venue types in those locations prior to arena size. Got that!?

Yeah, everytime I go to a 4,000 capacity venue I think "isn't this intimate". Why would anyone claim these are small venues and all that that suggests when the fact can be checked online? It's beyond stupid.

If they argument is - but hasn't been till now - "but, er they're smaller than arenas" thank you for confirming my point.

Motherwell: 1600
Blackpool: 3,000
Portsmoth: already provided

NOT small venues.

Morrissey has played small venues in the past: town halls and the like - these are small venues. Those chosen for the Boxers tour were not small venues. They were the largest venue types in those locations prior to arena size. Got that!?

Mate...I've been going to gigs for over 30 yrs......I know my venues. I know what's big and I know what's small. Considering the artist.......these were small gigs.

Mate...I've been going to gigs for over 30 yrs......I know my venues. I know what's big and I know what's small. Considering the artist.......these were small gigs.

Is that because, like your leader, you have a 'big' brain?

Yeah, everytime I go to a 4,000 capacity venue I think "isn't this intimate". Why would anyone claim these are small venues and all that that suggests when the fact can be checked online? It's beyond stupid.

If they argument is - but hasn't been till now - "but, er they're smaller than arenas" thank you for confirming my point.

Most gigs on that tour weren't 4,000 people you muppet.

Yes, I was at the Drury Lane one. Hardly 1,000 capacity.

Now he’s playing in front of 10,000 at 85 € a ticket. A huge success but some people will never believe anything.

The original discussion was about the Boxers tour but do continue with your distraction.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom