The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

And Moz is right!

If there's a difficult debate on the left & someone is losing (or can't even make) a point then they'll start calling you a racist, or an Islamophobe or a transphobe... no matter how carefully you word what you're saying, or how much evidence you've got on your side.

That's why The Labour Party is imploding!!

If people can't make their point without there being a blatant hateful reference or blaming inference to an ist or an ism perhaps they should reconsider their point rather than cry foul when the ist or ism is identified.

As for evidence, this is not your strong suit. You have recently illustrated just how relentlessly you will name-call someone without ever providing evidence.

Nonsense. We need to believe everyone at the reporting stage otherwise fewer people will come forward. Following this a robust investigation has to take place protecting both accused and accuser.
There are those, very much like yourself, who are only too content to point the finger without evidence.

Morrissey can't know if an allegation is true or not. What he can do is not go out of his way to suggest that alleged victims of sexual abuse must have known it was going to happen or that they in some way 'asked for it' or colluded with it - with nothing other than his mouth to back him up. I know that's also your MO so it's unsurprising you would support it.

He wasn't talking about it from all angles. He was talking about it from his perspective. Note the use of the word 'I' and 'one'. They're a bit of a giveaway.
How on earth can you claim to work in communications when you struggle to understand English?

Women and victims of sexual violence (alleged or proven) deserve better. Much better.

I haven't pointed the finger at anyone - if we're still banging on about the Phil situation, I was commenting on what was going on in the industry.

And if you're so fussed about violence - you might have noticed that someone posted a death threat against me on this site (might have been you).

You're just a sicko.

I haven't pointed the finger at anyone - if we're still banging on about the Phil situation, I was commenting on what was going on in the industry.

And if you're so fussed about violence - you might have noticed that someone posted a death threat against me on this site (might have been you).

You're just a sicko.

You pointed the finger again and again, page after page but not once did you provide any evidence. At no point did you say 'look, I really shouldn't have promoted those accusations without facts'.
Instead you repeated the accusation as a fact without evidence, relentlessly and maliciously.

And here's another indirect finger point:
"you might have noticed that someone posted a death threat against me on this site (might have been you)."

No. It wasn't me. While I do not condone the threat I can understand why someone could be pushed to such an extreme if victim to your relentless hectoring. Unaware of the circumstances, I reserve judgement.

Staying with death threats: just how many do you think were sent to the person you were involved in accusing?

You're just a sicko.

NASTY!

You pointed the finger again and again, page after page but not once did you provide any evidence. At no point did you say 'look, I really shouldn't have promoted those accusations without facts'.
Instead you repeated the accusation as a fact without evidence, relentlessly and maliciously.

"you might have noticed that someone posted a death threat against me on this site (might have been you)."

No. It wasn't me. While I do not condone the threat I can understand why someone could be pushed to such an extreme if victim to your relentless hectoring. Unaware of the circumstances, I reserve judgement.

Staying with death threats: just how many do you think were sent to the person you were involved in accusing?

You understand why someone might have sent me a death threat because of my 'hectoring' (that's your basic 'she was asking for it' excuse) - but we're supposed to think you care about the victims of violence?

ALL SHOWS SOLD OUT OR IN THEIR WAY TO BE SOLD OUT!!!!!!!:rock:
PARIS CONTINUES SOLD OUT ACCORDING TO THE VENUE!!:thumb:

MOZ CONTINUES TO ROLL !!!!!:thumb:

:lbf:

You understand why someone might have sent me a death threat because of my 'hectoring' (that's your basic 'she was asking for it' excuse) - but we're supposed to think you care about the victims of violence?

No. You misunderstand, again. To be clear I wasn't suggesting you were, as you say "asking for it" that could make you seem somehow passive in all of this. I was suggesting that it is likely (based on your MO) that you actively, and relentlessly, provoked it.

I can understand why someone would lash out but would not condone their actions. I'm not sure what it is about that sentence that confuses you and feel hell-bent on misinterpreting.

I understand why you have just lashed out at me. You're angry about the threat. I do not condone your groundless accusation.

As I am being accused of sending you a death threat could you direct me to the threat so I can read what I am wrongfully accused of.

Very well said. Karen spent no time at all to become the worst person on here. Just imagine that for a minute. That’s her big achievement in life: the worst person on Morrissey-Solo. But thank you for speaking out. Her spite is disgusting.

Very well said. Karen spent no time at all to become the worst person on here. Just imagine that for a minute. That’s her big achievement in life: the worst person on Morrissey-Solo. But thank you for speaking out. Her spite is disgusting.

:tiphat: Agree. Absolute troll-bot!!!!!!

No. You misunderstand, again. To be clear I wasn't suggesting you were, as you say "asking for it" that could make you seem somehow passive in all of this. I was suggesting that it is likely (based on your MO) that you actively, and relentlessly, provoked it.

I can understand why someone would lash out but would not condone their actions. I'm not sure what it is about that sentence that confuses you and feel hell-bent on misinterpreting.

I understand why you have just lashed out at me. You're angry about the threat. I do not condone your groundless accusation.

Top marks, sir (?)

FFS talk about selective reporting. You forgot this

"Unaware of the circumstances, I reserve judgement."

Me, Nerak. Me do this :mock:

I guess this comment will be lost in the ethers of the interwebs but Im a long-standing UK fan who cannot excuse his tourette-like outbursts. Years ago I would have been ready with a military-like operation to get tickets on the day of release (eg 11 years ago - the 50th birthday gig)
On top of that arena gigs hold little interest for me and agree with comments that he should try to do smaller UK venues. These concerts are usually a better experience for both the fans and Morrissey.... but Moz now lives in cloud-cuckoo land as far as reality is concerned.

I'll still give the album a listen. I have enjoyed California Son the 3 times I've listened to it.

so - you think I provoked a death threat by posting on a forum & you 'understand' lashing out at a woman for 'hectoring'.

But somehow Morrissey's statements bother you.

Mysterious.

FFS talk about selective reporting. You forgot this

"Unaware of the circumstances, I reserve judgement."

Me, Nerak. Me do this :mock:

I didn't forget it - it was irrelevant. Point at yourself.

so - you think I provoked a death threat by posting on a forum & you 'understand' lashing out at a woman for 'hectoring'.

Mysterious.

WHERE IS IT!?!?!?

As I am being accused of sending you a death threat could you direct me to the threat so I can read what I am wrongfully accused of.

Mysterious.

Try to read the information below with the knowledge that it is being spoken calmly and very, very slowly.........

I can understand how people can be provoked into extreme situations. I have made it quite clear that I do not condone such action, as you describe it, and that I would reserve judgement as I am not aware of the specific instance. You were asked to identify the 'threat to life' but have, as yet, chosen not to. At this stage we are discussing the lack of threat not the existence of one.

We only have your word for it that you are a woman. With no factual information to support your claim I'm therefore not taking that into consideration. I'm not even sure why you believe a woman should be treated differently in such circumstances?

Try to read the information below with the knowledge that it is being spoken calmly and very, very slowly.........

I can understand how people can be provoked into extreme situations. I have made it quite clear that I do not condone such action, as you describe it, and that I would reserve judgement as I am not aware of the specific instance. You were asked to identify the 'threat to life' but have, as yet, chosen not to. At this stage we are discussing the lack of threat not the existence of one.

We only have your word for it that you are a woman. With no factual information to support your claim I'm therefore not taking that into consideration. I'm not even sure why you believe a woman should be treated differently in such circumstances?

You're not improving anything by saying you 'understand' that people can be provoked when all I did was post on a forum & if you know so much about my 'MO', then you'll have seen the photoshop with Hang Nerak on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not improving anything by saying you 'understand' that people can be provoked when all I did was post on a forum & if you know so much about my MO, then you'll have seen the photoshop with Hang Nerak on it.

I disagree. I have illustrated that I understand that people can be provoked. Are you saying that you don't understand that people can be provoked?

I'm not entirely sure what you are/are not trying to say? I'm not convinced you are either.

The "all I did was post on a forum" is accurate but it's what you posted that matters.

You accuse others of actions that you cannot substantiate. You continue with these accusations spitefully and maliciously. Today, you added another unproven (some might say indirect) accusation to your burgeoning list i.e. that you received a death threat and that it might have been me that sent it. You have not provided the alleged death threat although you have been asked to, repeatedly.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour
Back
Top Bottom