The Cure launches new website; shares unreleased material

The Seeker of Good Songs

It appears The Cure is finally ready stick to a release date for its forthcoming reissuing of Disintegration. As previously reported, the release has had about 28 different release dates since its initial announcement, with June 8th now being the current target date. Recently, the band launched a standalone website dedicated to the upcoming reissue that features videos, liner notes and photos, plus streaming audio of 20 additional demos and live tracks that won’t be included on the three-CD set (via slicing up eyeballs). And did we mention you can check all of it out for free?
Particular highlights include Alternative Rarities 1988-1989, a collection of 20 unreleased tracks and demos that will not be included on the physical reissue of Disintegration. The set features demos, new mixes, and two previously tracks, titled “Tuned Out on RTV5″ and “Fuknnotfunk” respectively. You can stream it in its entirety. What’s more, Cure news website Chain of Flowers also has a link to the collection for downloading.
Also available is a stream of the reissue’s 3×3×3 sampler, which features nine songs from the reissue, and is available free to fans who pre-order the reissue from Rhino.com.
You can check out the tracklist for Alternative Rarities 1988-1989 below. The Disintegration: Deluxe Edition is due June 8th.

from: http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/05/14/the-cure-launches-new-website-shares-unreleased-material/

Alternative Rarities:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hxoou7

altrarities_cover.jpg

http://thecuredisintegration.com/assets/audio/altrarities/altrarities_cover.jpg

Wow! As has been said: Very decent of Robert to share this with us.

Could someone please rip the audio from that Dallas Starplex gig which you can listen to at the website? Thanks in advance!

Wow! As has been said: Very decent of Robert to share this with us.

Could someone please rip the audio from that Dallas Starplex gig which you can listen to at the website? Thanks in advance!

Not sure what part you want ripped as I am not at the site, but in the audio section of the site, there is a player that is streaming 9 songs.
If you are computer savy, the songs, as they get played, get saved in the temporary internet folder, for Windows Internet Explorer anyway (which is what I use for things like the streamings - I haven't figured out yet where similar things are saved in FireFox). If you can locate your Temp Internet folder, the songs are right in there, just waiting to be copied into another file. Rename them and they are all yours.

So cool of Robert Smith to unleash all this stuff, I can't believe Morrissey threw a fit because Stephen Street was going to air a small demo clip, LAME!

So cool of Robert Smith to unleash all this stuff, I can't believe Morrissey threw a fit because Stephen Street was going to air a small demo clip, LAME!

In all fairness, Smith is releasing his own demo material; Street was releasing the material of someone else.

Tags
bonerriffic
Back
Top Bottom