Aching alone
Waiting in the dark for you...

So I sit for a while
Aching, alone
Waiting in the dark for you
To come home...
Those are some brutal lyrics…

Someone in the crowd giving Robert their shoe… lmao:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCure/co..._app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Apparently right after this video ends, Rob throws it across to the other side of the stage. The guy was really high or something. Then later he gives him the other shoe and Rob looks equally perplexed, but polite and throws it to the other side of the stage again. hahahaha

Those are some brutal lyrics…

On the printed set list it is written as "Another Happy Birthday" but someone on setlist.fm is insisting it's "Another (Happy) Birthday" with brackets. Time will tell I guess.

On the printed set list it is written as "Another Happy Birthday" but someone on setlist.fm is insisting it's "Another (Happy) Birthday" with brackets. Time will tell I guess.
Or not. I doubt we’ll ever get to hear that album…

The Cure has a new album in the works, the first since 2008′s “4:13 Dream.” It’s been mixed, and the band plays up to five songs from it on their tour. They’re just not sure when it will come out or what will be on it.

“There is no release date to my knowledge,” Gabrels says. “We went in [the studio] to keep it concise and do 12 songs we’d all written. Then we worked ‘em up as a band, moved ‘em around, normal songwriting things. And I think we ended up recording 34 songs. We overachieved.”

A songwriting analogy Gabrels says he learned from Bowie: “It’s like trying to get a fire started outdoors, camping. You’ve got flint and kindling and you all have to crowd around it and protect it from the wind so that spark turns into a flame. And you don’t judge the quality of the fire when it’s just the spark. So, we’re in the ‘unfortunate’ position of having 34 pretty good-looking fires going. My point was we couldn’t judge them; we couldn’t see which ones to take to the final stage.”

The Cure has a new album in the works, the first since 2008′s “4:13 Dream.” It’s been mixed, and the band plays up to five songs from it on their tour. They’re just not sure when it will come out or what will be on it.

“There is no release date to my knowledge,” Gabrels says. “We went in [the studio] to keep it concise and do 12 songs we’d all written. Then we worked ‘em up as a band, moved ‘em around, normal songwriting things. And I think we ended up recording 34 songs. We overachieved.”

A songwriting analogy Gabrels says he learned from Bowie: “It’s like trying to get a fire started outdoors, camping. You’ve got flint and kindling and you all have to crowd around it and protect it from the wind so that spark turns into a flame. And you don’t judge the quality of the fire when it’s just the spark. So, we’re in the ‘unfortunate’ position of having 34 pretty good-looking fires going. My point was we couldn’t judge them; we couldn’t see which ones to take to the final stage.”
Which album will we get to hear first? This one or Bonfire?

I'm surprised this didn't get mentioned anywhere here. From what I've heard none of it adds up and it sounds like Ticketmaster getting back at him for all that money he gave back to fans.

I'm surprised this didn't get mentioned anywhere here. From what I've heard none of it adds up and it sounds like Ticketmaster getting back at him for all that money he gave back to fans.

Just look at all the “fans” in the comments section and on Twitter who immediately and without a critical thought in their head jump to the conclusion that this is 100 percent true. Sickening.

Never been a huge fan - but makes me feel sorry for the guy. All sounds a bit fantastical to say the least. Oh wait, apparently the 'victim' is always meant to be believed...

Never been a huge fan - but makes me feel sorry for the guy. All sounds a bit fantastical to say the least. Oh wait, apparently the 'victim' is always meant to be believed...
Also, it was nearly 40 years ago…

I'm really getting sick of typing the following words into my search engine and getting nothing.

"The cure album latest news"

The 2020's is without a doubt one of the worst decades of all time, if not the worst.
A global pandemic killing millions, an actual war on the European mainland killing tens of thousands with no end in sight.
A climate catastrophe with extreme weather events leading to death and destruction across all major continents.
An economic cost-of-living crisis sending hundreds of millions below the poverty line.
And just when we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, it seems there might be a new album by The Cure.
In the words of a certain Mr William Martin Joel...
"I can't take it anymore!'

The 2020's is without a doubt one of the worst decades of all time, if not the worst.
A global pandemic killing millions, an actual war on the European mainland killing tens of thousands with no end in sight.
A climate catastrophe with extreme weather events leading to death and destruction across all major continents.
An economic cost-of-living crisis sending hundreds of millions below the poverty line.
And just when we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, it seems there might be a new album by The Cure.
In the words of a certain Mr William Martin Joel...
"I can't take it anymore!'

I've never actually listened to an entire album by The Cure - stray off the hits & they get very samey & dull - but I agree with everything else.

I've never actually listened to an entire album by The Cure - stray off the hits & they get very samey & dull - but I agree with everything else.
I feel the exact opposite way. I think the hits are cute at best, and it’s the album tracks and the deep cuts that are truly great. I don’t know anything about you except that you like Morrissey, so maybe it’s not at all your cup of tea, but you really should listen to Disintegration (widely regarded as their masterpiece).

I feel the exact opposite way. I think the hits are cute at best, and it’s the album tracks and the deep cuts that are truly great. I don’t know anything about you except that you like Morrissey, so maybe it’s not at all your cup of tea, but you really should listen to Disintegration (widely regarded as their masterpiece).

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

I'll give it a go. Thanks.
I don’t know what the weather’s like in Scotland, but if it’s anything like it is over here (ie BLEAK) that album is going to be a perfect soundtrack.

The Cure's hits don't do much for me either, but I do think Just Like Heaven is one of the best songs they've ever done. When I saw them here in 2016 the show was great but way too long. What made it seem even longer was that the third and, ugh... final hour was all hits. I wanted to leave and everyone was having a great time, which is great btw but I'm more into their dark and mysterious stuff. For me their masterpiece is Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.

I don’t know what the weather’s like in Scotland, but if it’s anything like it is over here (ie BLEAK) that album is going to be a perfect soundtrack.

Yeah, it rained the entire last week of the Edinburgh Festival. And I was spending a lot of time at shows in university buildings so it was like being at school in November.

Tags
robert smith the cure
Back
Top Bottom