The Cure debut new songs

Me and Ryan are all doom, gloom and sorrow, so it’s refreshing to see some pop songs here. And if you only knew how much I love Sugar Girl. It reminds me of a time, place and person gone so very long ago. I’ve listened to it more than I care to reveal. Absolutely exquisite and inconsolably melancholic pop song, that.

But I’m surprised not to find 2 Late on your list! Should fit you perfectly.
2late is a good song, but nothing particularly special as far as the cure goes, imo. the cure distinct from any other band has the special quality of reminding me of something, some time or place, unknown to me, barely adumbrated in my mind, but somehow familiar. it's difficult to explain. certain pictures remind me of this too (all of tim walkers 'pantomime' editorial from british vogue), certain prints (marni prints, mainly) and certain faces (kirsty hume's). i cant put my finger on what it is, but i know these things are all somehow connected and transmutable in essence (and that if only i look long enough or listen carefully enough i will unlock the mystery). love cats is probably the cure song that most encapsulates this for me, so if all you think of it as is a pop song, than that's dismaying because it means that the transportive to another time/place element of the song is perhaps not received by you. but that's why i like it (as well as for the playfulness of it), but why i think 2late sort of slumps.

2late is a good song, but nothing particularly special as far as the cure goes, imo. the cure distinct from any other band has the special quality of reminding me of something, some time or place, unknown to me, barely adumbrated in my mind, but somehow familiar. it's difficult to explain. certain pictures remind me of this too (all of tim walkers 'pantomime' editorial from british vogue), certain prints (marni prints, mainly) and certain faces (kirsty hume's). i cant put my finger on what it is, but i know these things are all somehow connected and transmutable in essence (and that if only i look long enough or listen carefully enough i will unlock the mystery). love cats is probably the cure song that most encapsulates this for me, so if all you think of it as is a pop song, than that's dismaying because it means that the transportive to another time/place element of the song is perhaps not received by you. but that's why i like it (as well as for the playfulness of it), but why i think 2late sort of slumps.
That’s the great thing about art - how it touches us all so very differently.

From reddit:

According to a source on twitter, the North American tour was originally supposed to be announced in December, but was pushed to this month.

Likewise, Songs Of A Lost World was supposed to be pressed in December and set for an April release, but wasn't, as Robert wanted to make more changes.

From reddit:

According to a source on twitter, the North American tour was originally supposed to be announced in December, but was pushed to this month.

Likewise, Songs Of A Lost World was supposed to be pressed in December and set for an April release, but wasn't, as Robert wanted to make more changes.
It’s gotten to to the point where he might not let go of the album. Like, ever. I feel it’s become quite a severe obsession for him.

I don't think this album is ever coming out and I think The Cure tour far too much to make new music. They hardly have any down time at all.

I don't think this album is ever coming out and I think The Cure tour far too much to make new music. They hardly have any down time at all.
I agree that it’s started to really feel like the album is never coming out, but did they tour between 2016 and last fall?

I agree that it’s started to really feel like the album is never coming out, but did they tour between 2016 and last fall?
They definitely toured in 2016 because I saw them here in Australia that very year. To have Morrissey and The Cure here in the same year was insane! The gig was great but it went for too damn long. I do not need to stand at a gig for three hours. Leave me wanting more. They tour too much and their shows are too long. I just wish they'd spent the last fifteen years recording more music and playing less shows. 2008 was a long time ago to hear a Cure album :(

They definitely toured in 2016 because I saw them here in Australia that very year. To have Morrissey and The Cure here in the same year was insane! The gig was great but it went for too damn long. I do not need to stand at a gig for three hours. Leave me wanting more. They tour too much and their shows are too long. I just wish they'd spent the last fifteen years recording more music and playing less shows. 2008 was a long time ago to hear a Cure album :(
I also saw them in 2016. My point was that I think the 2022 tour was their first since 2016, which would have given them six years or so to write and record more music. I agree, 2008 was forever ago.

I also saw them in 2016. My point was that I think the 2022 tour was their first since 2016, which would have given them six years or so to write and record more music. I agree, 2008 was forever ago.
But we're not counting 2020-2022 for obvious reasons. I just think of all the albums we could've heard but instead we got concerts?

But we're not counting 2020-2022 for obvious reasons. I just think of all the albums we could've heard but instead we got concerts?
But still, they didn’t tour in 17, 18 and 19. But yes, since 2008 they have toured extensively. And although that’s nice, I too would have preferred new music to some of these tours. But what really bugs me is that they keep releasing ugly merch, re-issues, picture discs, remix albums, compilations and so forth, instead of new music. That drives me crazy.

This looks like The Cure get $20 per ticket sold and Ticketmaster get $23, that's bizarre.

Last edited:
Tags
robert smith the cure
Back
Top Bottom