The CSR thread (UK Govt Spending Review)

Brel

Guttersnipe
With just under 48 hours to go until we know for sure where the axe will fall, one thing is for sure. It's going to hurt a lot of people in the UK. :(

I suspect that Welfare, Education and Transport will be hit hardest of all, with the Police and Local Authorities not far behind?

So where are all these Private Sector jobs going to come from then Mr Cameron? :crazy:

No worries, Labour will be back in charge when all us Working Class and unemployed people realise Cameron is taking everything away from us.

Still at least they got Philip Green in to review where government spending was inefficient. This from the man who sticks all his tax in his wife's name to avoid paying it.

Condemned. Thatcher created the phenomenon of generations of families living off benefits. Where on earth are people on benefits going to end up now? Sheepshearing in the Falkland Islands? Or prison as allegedly you'll be able tp get a paid job in there?

I'm dreading it, it will make the 80s look like a walk in the park. Hopefully we'll take some protester's action like the French are doing. Why should we have to pay for the bankers' recklessness? (aka Cameron's Cronies.)

Last edited:
No worries, Labour will be back in charge when all us Working Class and unemployed people realise Cameron is taking everything away from us.

Do you think they'll wait five years for us to restart paying our mortgages?

Its not going to be nice, no. The 80's had North Sea Oil revenue to help fund the dole queue, not so today.

France has a proud history of civil action and protest. I was in Paris the other week and saw the protests. Watching young people protest over pensions is quite refeshing. Here its hard enough to get people on the streets, even when it effects them right now.

490,000 Public Sector jobs to go by 2014/15.

Danny Alexander photographed today with two pages of the CSR document clear to see.

To reduce the amount paid out in redundancy payments, they are going to seek to reach agreements with staff to reduce their hours. So let me get this right? They want people to go without pay offs, then get by on less money each month instead of dole money? Is that what they mean by "We're all in this together"?

The Strategic Defence Review was really a budget defence review... I wonder what a defence review looks like if you live in a country that doesn't go around picking fights with everyone? Nice countries like Spain, Ireland, Mexico... never picked a fight with anyone... never built a nuclear submarine.

Still thousands of jobs slashed in defence but only 8% cut in budget. Non of this bodes well for 25%+ cuts across the public sector tomorrow. The Tories are passionate about defence, but couldn't give a toss about the public sector or the services they deliver. Danny Alexander 'accidentally' having the review on his lap as he had his picture taken showing 1/2 million jobs lost doesn't begin to tell the story of closed schools, hospitals and universities, of people dying whilst waiting on an NHS waiting list. Families and carers left with no support to look after disabled children, day centres for people with learning difficulties or mental health problems cut or closed. Remember people begging on the street? That was a Tory phenomenon, and it's just around the corner. Vast swathes of the country given up on - if you want a job, get on your bike.

The French have the right idea - mass protest, get angry, scream at someone. But here in England... we shrug our shoulders, lock the front door and turn on Deal or No Deal, or Who Wants to be a Millionnaire and dream it all away, or laugh at second rate comics calling bankers "wankers" and thinking 'I'm alright Jack'.

Dave

It's going to bad but it's been coming. If you think it would have been a lot better under Labour you're deluded, they were set to slash as well though they can't admit where of course.

I've got real mixed feelings about it because the debt we have, although I'm sure people are sick of hearing it, is a phenomenal figure and needed addressing. I just can't help thinking it's too much too soon though.

I just can't help thinking it's too much too soon though.

That's the biggest problem.
Also the Coalition throw about the figure 500,000 like they were talking about insects. It'll end up going well beyond that figure.

i know all the out of work and impoverished up here in the north are quite releifed with todays announcements, they can still get in to the local museum everyday for free to keep warm! top prioritys there chancellor.

i know all the out of work and impoverished up here in the north are quite releifed with todays announcements, they can still get in to the local museum everyday for free to keep warm! top prioritys there chancellor.

:lbf::lbf:

Did you see all the Tories and their Lib Dem rent boys whooping with joy at the end of Osbourne's statement? After announcing some of the biggest cuts ever in public spending and putting half a million on the dole? Disgusting.

:lbf::lbf:

Did you see all the Tories and their Lib Dem rent boys whooping with joy at the end of Osbourne's statement? After announcing some of the biggest cuts ever in public spending and putting half a million on the dole? Disgusting.

They don't live in the real world ,thats not being patronizing it's true.They all went to public schools in or around london cosseted by wealthy parents. They have no real comprehension what the word need means. Numbers are just that numbers, the effects on peoples lives? well they'll get by the peasants always do.

Sick'ning
"The poor and the needy are selfish and greedy on their terms" springs to mind.
We all know who should really be paying for this. The bastards who caused it. But they never will. Same old story...

Well thats the macro economics bit underway. Wait until it starts to hit hard in homes up and down the country.

France has a proud history of civil action and protest. I was in Paris the other week and saw the protests. Watching young people protest over pensions is quite refeshing.

They don't want to work until they're 62, poor babies - most people around the world would be thrilled to retire so young. Does the UK have a standard retirement age?

Back
Top Bottom