The Cribs - Bowery Ballroom 13/11/09

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
Had to post this.....amazing night.

I get to the Ballroom and get left stage in front of Johnny a few people back. Von Bondies come on....not bad....I will seek out some of their stuff.

Cribs come on and the crowd goes nuts.....lots of "laddism"....crowd-surfing/pogo'ing, just crazy. I end up all over in the sway of the crowd......in front of Johnny to in front of Ryan.

The show ends and people leave the front of the stage so I walk up. The roadies give out the set lists and some guitar info on paper that was in front of Johnny. I see the roadie hand out a few extra picks. I hang for a few minutes more and I see the roadie bend down and pick up a pick by Johnny's amp, he comes out and gives it to me......its one of his!!! Psyched!

I was talking to one of the security guards earlier in the night, he says the band was down in the bar after the show until like 2am the prior night. After the gig I wonder down.....its getting late, around 1:30am and the band finally comes in!

I see Johnny and ask for picture....he was so nice. Some one in the crew takes my camera and takes 2 pics.....I thank him for his time and he's like no problem.

I walk back to my car at the parking garage....I fire up the camera......the pics aren't there! The dude didn't hit the camera plunger hard enough...........DOH!! I freak out....what to do......the assistant brings my car down and I'm like "I'll be back in five minutes"......I run back.....now there are a bunch of people milling about. I stand in a doorway for 2-3 minutes.....I hear something like "OK Johnny thanks..........."........I look over and who is it? Not only Johnny but Andy Rourke!!!! He came out to meet up with Johnny!!! I get a quick picture with them both and say thanks and head home.......what an end to an unreal night.

Sorry for the long post!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Cribs - Bowery Ballroom 11/13

Holy crap, that is awesome.

Lucky you.

Added some pictures and scans of Johnny's pic: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/575531191olZaFC

Also, the set list for last night was:

We Were Aborted
Hey Scenesters!
I'm A Realist
Emasculate Me
What About Me
Cheat on Me
We Share The Same Skies
Women's Needs
We Can No Longer Cheat You
Direction
Hari Kari
Save Your Secrets
Our Bovine Public
Another Number
Ignore The Ignorant
Be Safe
Mirror Kissers
Mens Needs
City Of Bugs

Don't think there's been a recent photo of Johnny and Andy together since 2006 at Manchester Versus Cancer. Certainly not with kissmyshadestoo. ;) It makes sense that Andy saw the show since he now lives in Brooklyn. Meeting half of The Smiths in one night is amazing. :guitar:

Oh, by the way, how did you like The Cribs?!

Don't think there's been a recent photo of Johnny and Andy together since 2006 at Manchester Versus Cancer. Certainly not with kissmyshadestoo. ;) It makes sense that Andy saw the show since he now lives in Brooklyn. Meeting half of The Smiths in one night is amazing. :guitar:

I have to admit, I never listened to The Cribs before Johnny joined....but after seeing them last night, I think they are a pretty awesome band. People complain about Ryan/Gary's vocal abilities but they aren't that bad....they wrote some catchy tunes! Had a blast at the show and would see them again!

Last edited:
I have to admit, I never listened to The Cribs before Johnny joined....but after seeing them last night, I think they are a pretty awesome band. People complain about Ryan/Gary's vocal abilities but they aren't that bad....they wrote some catchy tunes! Had a blast at the show and would see them again!
Yeah, I'm with you. And I love their earlier songs like Hey Scenesters, I'm A Realist, Our Bovine Public, Men's Needs and Girls Like Mystery, played even better now with Johnny.

Johnny Marr Joins the Cribs for L.A. Tour Opener

The former Smiths axeman blends in perfectly with the pub-punk band.

Heavy on material from the Cribs' just-released, Marr-abetted album, Ignore the Ignorant, the pounding 18-song set showed the pub-punk band in a whole new light as terms like "cameo" and even "collaboration" lost all relevance. Here was a quartet of fully integrated band members, singing and playing as if all four had been working together for years.

http://www.spin.com/articles/johnny-marr-joins-cribs-la-tour-opener

2lo4vbr.jpg

Really amazing.

I get to the Ballroom and get left stage in front of Johnny a few people back. Von Bondies come on....not bad....I will seek out some of their stuff.

Cribs come on and the crowd goes nuts.....lots of "laddism"....crowd-surfing/pogo'ing, just crazy. I end up all over in the sway of the crowd......in front of Johnny to in front of Ryan.

The show ends and people leave the front of the stage so I walk up. The roadies give out the set lists and some guitar info on paper that was in front of Johnny. I see the roadie hand out a few extra picks. I hang for a few minutes more and I see the roadie bend down and pick up a pick by Johnny's amp, he comes out and gives it to me......its one of his!!! Psyched!

I was talking to one of the security guards earlier in the night, he says the band was down in the bar after the show until like 2am the prior night. After the gig I wonder down.....its getting late, around 1:30am and the band finally comes in!

I see Johnny and ask for picture....he was so nice. Some one in the crew takes my camera and takes 2 pics.....I thank him for his time and he's like no problem.

I walk back to my car at the parking garage....I fire up the camera......the pics aren't there! The dude didn't hit the camera plunger hard enough...........DOH!! I freak out....what to do......the assistant brings my car down and I'm like "I'll be back in five minutes"......I run back.....now there are a bunch of people milling about. I stand in a doorway for 2-3 minutes.....I hear something like "OK Johnny thanks..........."........I look over and who is it? Not only Johnny but Andy Rourke!!!! He came out to meet up with Johnny!!! I get a quick picture with them both and say thanks and head home.......what an end to an unreal night.

Sorry for the long post!!!

:thumb::thumb: I am retarded for not going... so happy you had a great time and met two legends! thanks for sharing!

The Cribs will be back on tour in North America come January, with two dates set and more to come in between. :)

15 January - Toronto, Ontario at the Phoenix Concert Theatre, accompanied by Adam Green and The Dead Trees

29 January - Portland, Oregon at the Wonder Ballroom

What a great story! Johnny's looking more and more like Sylvester Stallone, especially with that snarl.

Seen them last month in Glasgow, pretty awesome! I only went for Johnny really but they were fantastic. Been listening too them since and I'd definately go again too.

Nice vids from the show, kissmyshadestoo. :D

[youtube]Nrfn6-vIRVw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]sVUOC2JudW8&feature=channel[/youtube]

Go Johnny! :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom