The Cranberries

everydayslikesunday

I tried to find fellow Cranberries fans on the Suede forum but no one was interested which surprised me so I thought I would try here?

I was into The Cranberries in the mid nineties but lost interest when their third album came out. I re-discovered them a few weeks ago and am completely blown away with their brilliance. I've only heard the first four albums so far but I am seriously in love. My favourite is still 'No Need to Argue' due to it's anger and deepness ( a bit like Dog Man Star). But of course the real star is Dolores's voice. She is definitely my favourite female singer.

Does anyone feel the same?

I tried to find fellow Cranberries fans on the Suede forum but no one was interested which surprised me so I thought I would try here?

I was into The Cranberries in the mid nineties but lost interest when their third album came out. I re-discovered them a few weeks ago and am completely blown away with their brilliance. I've only heard the first four albums so far but I am seriously in love. My favourite is still 'No Need to Argue' due to it's anger and deepness ( a bit like Dog Man Star). But of course the real star is Dolores's voice. She is definitely my favourite female singer.

Saw The Cranberries in 1993 open up for Duran Duran and I was blown away, but that could be because Dolores was kicking her knickers up, turning me on. Other than that, she was fabulous. Better than Duran Duran. Love her. †

That band has been so hated since forever so try somewhere else. It seems Solo people cannot stand her irish accent that with time became like a parody in itself.

Me reckon Delores was in Uncle Steve, John Lydon, and Ozzy's Tuesday and Thursday personal training Malibu beach class, but reckon she gave up after a week.

That band has been so hated since forever so try somewhere else. It seems Solo people cannot stand her irish accent that with time became like a parody in itself.

What the f*** are you on about? I happen to like the Cranberries a lot!

You've got to love this place, ask a sensible question and all the weirdos come out of the woodwork.

I am a bit miffed that I've just realised The Cranberries are playing London in May and the venue is now completely sold out :-( I would to see them live but bugger if I'm going to pay some tout an over inflated price.

You've got to love this place, ask a sensible question and all the weirdos come out of the woodwork.

I am a bit miffed that I've just realised The Cranberries are playing London in May and the venue is now completely sold out :-( I would to see them live but bugger if I'm going to pay some tout an over inflated price.

it may be worth it to you, and you'll have a great time inspite of having to buy from a tout. Sometimes unclaimed tickets might come in at the theaters box office last minute,no regrets to have least tried.Good luck !

Totally tacking this on abruptly but I've listened to When You're Gone every day this week to get a good cry out of the way. Very refreshing.... Spring showers, and so it goes.

They have been hated a lot at Solo for years and years and if you're a fan or not does not change that fact.

I wonder if Dolores still looks like a halloween outfit or if she's now an old bat?

Who in the world would name a daughter Dolores, sounds like she's the doll sister of Chuck the killer doll.

Me too.
Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?
That line always gives me the (pleasant) shivers!
Dolores is such a good singer and the band was tight.
Great drummer too.
Cheers! :thumb:

Me too.
Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?
That line always gives me the (pleasant) shivers!
Dolores is such a good singer and the band was tight.
Great drummer too.
Cheers! :thumb:
That line springs to my mind each time I smell a foul odour.

I think they are awful. The fact that they made legions of students slow-dance to the most crushingly banal political lyric (“And their tanks and their bombs and their tanks and their guns”) alone is reason enough to hate them. Faux intellectualism at its worst.

Last edited:
I was on the suede forum as well. Liked them alright over the years. Seemed kinda like a band that when they come on I like it fine but don't consider myself a fan or anything. Think I owned the first album as zombie was super catchy as well as a few others on there. Linger stands out etc. but for my tastes they seemed sorta middle of the road. They make me think of bands like six pence none the richer and k's choice

I think they are awful. The fact that they made legions of students slow-dance to the most crushingly banal political lyric (“And their tanks and their bombs and their tanks and their guns”) alone is reason enough to hate them. Faux intellectualism at its worst.

I have to agree with that since the band never did any sort of political work anywhere and Dolores just disappeared for ages living off the money she made. So your end description if anything is very true indeed.

Also, the irish were popular during the peak in their career. The accent and that was considered cool but when the irish became this big burden for the EU and irish kids had to sell their Skoda's the irish fame died and people openly started to criticise the irish accent for being silly and even stupid.

I wonder if Dolores still looks like a halloween outfit or if she's now an old bat?

Who in the world would name a daughter Dolores, sounds like she's the doll sister of Chuck the killer doll.

Just realised that the Cranberry's hate posts are all from the same IP address (YOU) Why on earth are you bothered about why someone would name their daughter Delores, do you have erection problems because someone named Delores laughed at the size of your penis or something ?

Erm, well there are 2 pages of comments and at a guess it's 60 percent not in favour of their take on a particular song but not exactly hate comments. Wouldn't say that's a perspective on how they have always been hated on solo.
Trust me, there were other threads that mentioned the band when some fan voiced their opinion and it was not nice at all. The old chatroom also had plenty of haters of the band.

This is the last forum on the internet where you should try and promote them.

Back
Top Bottom