The Conan Performance..thoughts?

I liked the t shirts if anyone cares; other than that i didn't care much for it really.

& the arguing on forums remind me of this:

tumblr_kwczs7mfLH1qaro0lo1_500.gif

You've touched on a very interesting point. The fact is, almost any of us, even some of the most hostile people here, would probably be lifelong friends if we met in a bar or a coffee house somewhere and the subject of Morrissey came up as a mutual point of interest...there's probably be no going back.

But there's just something about this machine...by it's very nature it dehumnazies. But then again, maybe not...after all, there are many people on here who never get banned, never get infractions, never troll, never get into mud-slinging...so I don't know.

You've gotta remember, this is a web forum. It's a place where people can extend themselves in ways they can't in real life. That can be a very good thing, but sometimes it involves nastiness. Hell, as you know, I've been a MAJOR f***wad on here myself many times to various people. Sometimes I later regret it, and sometimes I don't; it just depends on the circumstances and the people involved. And sometimes I'm perceived as being shitty, but it's a misinterpretation because text on a screen can be hard to gauge where intention and angles are concerned, and people draw the wrong conclusions. In a real conversation, you can use voice intonation, and context, and other things to help accurately understand not only what the person is saying but whether or not there is sarcasm, malice, humor, sincerity or some other meaning imbued. It's more difficult when reading text. Additionally, if you are having a conversation in a place with somebody, you probably know them...you know their mannerisms and points of view and it's much easier to understand their personal sense of expression.

But here, we are ephemeral strangers (in essence), even the long time posters. It's a totally different arena.

But the fighting here, the bitching and ranting and insulting....it's good exercise to an extent; it's healthy to have a way to vent. Look at it that way. Look at web-fights as therapy to prevent REAL fights because people can't do anything with the anger they feel toward their bosses or wives or whatever. But when it goes too far, because of the luxury of safety and anonymity provided by the specific medium, well...then that's unfortunate.

Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you.
I think the correct forum response here is... This!

Not a great song, great vocals, good to hear new material, better than nothing, great to see him looking well and that is about all. My opinion but come on people get a grip! The long diatribes about the merits of an electronic device as a means of communication, I surmise this as I skimmed rather than read! It's a f***ing performance of a song!

With all the great things being spread. I'm actually listening to the mp3 of the performance and I'm in a mood where I love the performance of this song! ROCK ON MORRISSEYYYYY!

With all the great things being spread. I'm actually listening to the mp3 of the performance and I'm in a mood where I love the performance of this song! ROCK ON MORRISSEYYYYY!

Sadly, Davie, there are also some not great things being spread around...like chlamydia.

Sadly, Davie, there are also some not great things being spread around...like chlamydia.

At least your spreading Morrissey goodies! Everybody grab the Holywood Bowl Video Footage Viva made available for everyone!:D

At least your spreading Morrissey goodies! Everybody grab the Holywood Bowl Video Footage Viva made available for everyone!:D

Soon there will be another version of it leaked. The actual DVD menu and chapters along with the 'That's How People Grow Up' video version is soon to come...

Soon there will be another version of it leaked. The actual DVD menu and chapters along with the 'That's How People Grow Up' video version is soon to come...

yeah I've got a feeling it will. But I'm absolutely fascinated with what I've got!! sooo happy :D

I thought the song sounded better on being performed on television rather than live in concert.

Back
Top Bottom