Morrissey Central "THE CHINESE THEATER, HOLLYWOOD BLVD" (June 29, 2022)

unnamed-1_kjgfxn.jpg

FWD.

Nice trolling :rofl:

I think if there was a Morrissey sign on the Putin Theatre in Moscow right now it would get on to Morrissey Mental.

I wonder if the extra tickets sold will pay for this advertisement? Most LA fans saw him at Cruel World. Savvy Moz fans won't travel to see him anymore, too risky.

This campaign with huge billboards on buildings in seleected cities is a reminder of Ziggy Stardust-era where David Bowie's then manager Tony Defries spent tons of money for promotionfor concerts, sometimes even cramming almost the money they got from tickets sales.
Bowie stays his reference.

This preoccupation with poster/billboard crap is going too far.

"Miley Cyrus wore a Morrissey t-shirt, and so did some rapper. A Mexican has a Morrissey tattoo on his leg. Tyson Fury quoted one of my lyrics. My name is on a billboard. A YouTuber covered a Smiths song. Look, my nephew photoshopped my picture into a scene from a Sinatra movie. This is my blog."

Aubrey is right. It's getting ridiculous. If course there's billboards for your show. Every single show in Vegas has a f***ing billboard! And yes, since you have made 13 million different tshirts so it's likely that someone remotely famous MIGHT WEAR ONE. That being said I was at the SLO show and I laughed I cried I died.

*Theatre.

"Miley Cyrus wore a Morrissey t-shirt, and so did some rapper. A Mexican has a Morrissey tattoo on his leg. Tyson Fury quoted one of my lyrics. My name is on a billboard. A YouTuber covered a Smiths song. Look, my nephew photoshopped my picture into a scene from a Sinatra movie. This is my blog."
Your last sentence is the key one. It is his blog. He can put whatever he wants on it.
Or is he only allowed to post profound prose, littered with references to obscure films, Morrissey-isms and quotes from 70s Coronation Street actors?
Do you tell your friends on Facebook/Twitter what to post?

Last edited:
Those digital boards are "cash in the attic "
I mean, look how many things you can advertise on there. Much better than the old days
This one is a great idea, as Elviz is playing there at the mo

I don't mean to be rude about Sam but he really is thick isn't he. He is one of the dumbest people in the whole M universe and that is saying something - have you ever spoken to Damon (or whatever his name is)?
Also, pictures of M posters only started showing up when he got on board (I think)
The strangest thing is this, it's hardly a boast is it? It's not fans making fan art and stamping M all over America.
Its M who pays for this, Sam is basically saying " Hey look at this advertising M paid thousands for"(or the promoters who work WITH M, in a way)
Its such a stupid thing to post- especially when all these posters still haven't sold out the gigs- AGAIN

So the venues he will play are doing a bit of advertising for the gigs? Our Moz is very easily impressed.

So the venues he will play are doing a bit of advertising for the gigs? Our Moz is very easily impressed.
Im not sure It's M. I mean, this keeps happening with posters for gigs, stuff record companies pay for - when LP posters go up etc.
I have never ever seen another artist boast about their own ads. I have to wonder if they even know how it works. One-half suspects these people are so lost they think its done out love and respect .
Not cold hard business
I wish him well though.

Im not sure It's M. I mean, this keeps happening with posters for gigs, stuff record companies pay for - when LP posters go up etc.
I have never ever seen another artist boast about their own ads. I have to wonder if they even know how it works. One-half suspects these people are so lost they think its done out love and respect .
Not cold hard business
I wish him well though.
It’s likely his dim-wit nephew. But yeah, you’re absolutely right. They have no idea how it works or how it’s perceived.

Back
Top Bottom