The Bullfighter Dies sleeve art

I have to say well done, Marred! PassionsJustLikeMine and Jesse's Instagram are displaying your covers and everybody loves them! I really do hope somebody approaches you about them.

Presumably not if it originated here.
Sorry I should have said 'official' artwork!
Someone who is in the inner circle so to speak would surely know what releases were coming out, potential marketing strategies, ideas for sleeves et al.... well before others.
I don't get why he wouldn't be aware that it's download only and no cover exists yet and that something that originated here was 'more real' than what he might know already.
All rather odd!
Regards,
FWD

It seems that a cheeky bastard sent Marred's work without telling the original source to Jesse.

That doesn't matter and isn't the point. The point is that Tobias posted something he didn't make (therefore it came from someone else; even he is smart enough to figure THAT much out) with the implication that it was official; as he is a member of the group whose single the artwork is for it is implicit that it is official work. He should have either made sure it was legit and then when finding out the source credited it as fan art (and in so doing credited the fan), or not posted it at all.

Sorry I should have said 'official' artwork!
Someone who is in the inner circle so to speak would surely know what releases were coming out, potential marketing strategies, ideas for sleeves et al.... well before others.
I don't get why he wouldn't be aware that it's download only and no cover exists yet and that something that originated here was 'more real' than what he might know already.
All rather odd!
Regards,
FWD

Yes, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

it looks like he thinks it's official? marred could have posted it elsewhere I suppose

I didn't put it anywhere else but here. The only other place it's up is my photobucket page so that I could link it to here.

It seems that a cheeky bastard sent Marred's work without telling the original source to Jesse.

Lol, and I didn't even put my name on the back sleeve of this one, although they don't seem to have spotted the back sleeve yet. I don't care if someone sent it btw. Happy to be of service :)

Re: The Bullfighter Dies sleeve art...

Very nice, I like how throughout in the various sleeves you kept the theme of unusual cropping for the pics. It works really well on this last one in particular.
The colors you used each time are also in line with each song. Red here is obvious but really what else could you use?
I think you should send these to Harvest, do you have a Twitter account https://twitter.com/harvest_records? Maybe a channel to consider.
In any case this is not so much about how long it took, it's about the original idea & you found it. You also have a nice consistent theme running & they look great as an ensemble.

Thanks mate. Although the bullfighter sleeve has had mixed reviews I like it the more I see it. It was the one I spent the least time on but not because I cared the least for it. The idea was already there in my head.

No I don't have a twitter or facebook account. But anyone is free to do what they want with them. I don't mind.

uh oh now it's on tumblr credited to jesse tobias

Ima put a note on it

oh, internet.

unless.....

marred is jesse tobias!!!! scandalous!!!

That would explain why he acts like such a dickhead.

The three stooges are on ignore so don't waste your useless breath... or is it four?

I enjoyed the covers.
As an avid collector, I lament the lack of physical releases as digital takes over.
If these serve only as an 'if only...' then they are still appreciated.
Cheers,
FWD

to be fair i've like marred covers but this one is my least fave, the picture is pixilated a bit

Mozza, I'm limited to the pics I find and some are quite small. The cropping determines how big I need the pic to be. This one I put quite a subtle grain on it and it got bigger when I had to crop it. I don't mind it really. Where the bull's feet hit the ground and the dude underneath him looks like blood n' guts which is what I was aiming for making it red obviously.

I really like your Istanbul effort btw.

Mozza, I'm limited to the pics I find and some are quite small. The cropping determines how big I need the pic to be. This one I put quite a subtle grain on it and it got bigger when I had to crop it. I don't mind it really. Where the bull's feet hit the ground and the dude underneath him looks like blood n' guts which is what I was aiming for making it red obviously.

I really like your Istanbul effort btw.

Look, Mommy...it's a smug bastard.

pointing.jpg

Look, Mommy...it's a smug bastard.

pointing.jpg

f***ing hell. Be funny, be smart, be both, but this shit is just boring, Viva. You seem to like the partner-in-crime schtick which is a shame because you're much better on your own. You don't seem to be as worn down by bitterness and impotency.

I actually like the red one. The others I won't say anything about.

Back
Top Bottom