The Bullfighter Dies - full audio

Can someone please rip to mp3 and send to me? Cheers.

Thanks for posting.

Not exactly what I was expecting, thought it had the raw materials to be quite Smithsy but the accordian certainly changes that!

The is the first song off the album where I think the production is AWFUL...The strummed guitar on the left channel is too loud (it's as loud as his vocal, and sometimes louder) and the EQ is way too bright and crisp. It takes me out of the song completely. The drums are also mixed too low, and the accordion is mixed higher than the lead guitar until the last couple of bars. I can't believe multiple people approved this mix.

I would do it myself but I'm laying in bed and posting from my phone.

Love the song btw.

That guitar, in place reminds me of this, in places...

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I love the mix between the accordion and Jesse's guitar bends in the chorus.

I wonder what's made Morrissey embrace the sound of accordion in his songs more over the recent years. It was a pleasant surprise in this song; hope it's not overdone on the album.

Not to be Negative Nancy but, I am truly disappointed. I have been excitedly looking forward to the studio version of this song after really taking to it from the live performances. Hate the accordian and guitars on this production. WHY WHY WHY!!!!??? So far I def like the studio versions of the other songs to the live ones.

The official spoken word version came out today too it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly horrible, but not single material either.

A good album track, along the lines of Frankly, Mr. Shankly or Reader Meet Author or a discarded Southpaw tune like Honey, You Know Where to Find Me.

Shaky, but a light, fun middler.

corrected:

hm, this sounds incomplete/unfinished, kind of 'working version'... it cannot be official!!

i'm not satisfied with the way it sounds :(

p.s. apologies

corrected:

hm, this sounds incomplete/unfinished, kind of 'working version'... it cannot be official!!

i'm not satisfied with the way it sounds :(

p.s. apologies

It actually sounds different on the iTunes preview. So maybe this is indeed a promo version.

I've just compared them a few more times and this version and the iTunes preview are definitely different. The iTunes version sounds a lot more like what we were hoping for.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom