The Brit Awards 2010

How awful is the music industry at the moment? I know its been bad for a while but tonight it hit a new low.

Liam Gallagher pretty much summed it up by throwing his award in to the crowd. The only artist to come out with an ounce of credit was Jay Z and Alicia Keys, i never thought i would say that. Lady Gaga was also credible tonight, something different and not "controlled"

It says something about the industry when Cheryl Cole cant even mime in time with the music, when talent like Morrissey and The Courteeners sit at home

Peter Kay was in my opinion brilliant tonight, although i bet he'll get slagged off

How awful is the music industry at the moment? I know its been bad for a while but tonight it hit a new low.

Liam Gallagher pretty much summed it up by throwing his award in to the crowd. The only artist to come out with an ounce of credit was Jay Z and Alicia Keys, i never thought i would say that. Lady Gaga was also credible tonight, something different and not "controlled"

It says something about the industry when Cheryl Cole cant even mime in time with the music, when talent like Morrissey and The Courteeners sit at home

Peter Kay was in my opinion brilliant tonight, although i bet he'll get slagged off
There is a thread in Off Topic about it if you want to read peoples opinions.

Personally I think the music industry is exactly as it was before - the Brits is a corporate party where artists are awarded on sales and marketability. Each record label gets a share of nominations so there is nothing random about the winners apart from the viewer voted ones which are normally won by bands with obsessive fans (JLS, Belle & Sebastian etc). I love pop music and so I enjoy it for what it is but it will never be relevant or credible - its only purpose is to increase album sales tomorrow.

I thought Peter Kay was good too - liked the Cheryl Cole/Loreal pisstake best...

Peter Kay is a class act. He loves his music, he used to tape the Top 40 (80's) so did I.
The Brit awards isn't real (plastic music for plastic people) and I think there may have been a time delay which may explain Cheryl Cole miming.

Peter Kay is a class act. He loves his music, he used to tape the Top 40 (80's) so did I.
The Brit awards isn't real (plastic music for plastic people) and I think there may have been a time delay which may explain Cheryl Cole miming.

I think you're being generous; no one else was out of sync.

Peter Kay is an absolute wanker and is also indirectly responsible for Take Me Out. Well done to Dizzee Rascal for mentioning Hollyoaks in his rap with Grannie and the Machines though.:thumb:

The music "industry" has always been awful.

Liam Gallagher wasn't summing anything up by throwing his award into the crowd...he was trying to dismiss his brothers greatest work by dismissing the award.

GaGa was, as ever, the star of the show.

Peter Kay was, as ever, hideous...a man loathed, with good reason, by every other comedian in the country. He has a long record of sending out "scouts" to steal material from struggling comics the length and breadth of Britain...a thoroughly untalented man.

Kimura

The Brit Awards still there? Oh my God....
Cheers Moz

Moz was going to do 'I Like You' with Robbie Williams at The Brits in 2005 but pulled out at the last minute.

All the award ceremony programmes are awful. I don't think I've seen a Brit since the bloke used to come on at the end with his dog. I just find the whole notion of sitting in a room with your peers, then being selected for a prize and having to accept it in front of them, rubbish.

(I tell a lie. I watched Jarvis showing Jacko his arse).

Back
Top Bottom