Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

I am not jumping to any definite conclusions, but the idea that it was Boz’s choice to retire from the band - temporarily or permanently - is more convincing to me than the idea that he was given the boot by Morrissey. Time will tell what will happen next.
the way i see it ,it is too much hassle to travel just now,its actually getting harder not easier,boz is taking a break nothing more,the idea of M sacking boz is mental,boz knows where the nazi gold is hidden.

Skinny was completely right, Boz is out of the band!!! He was so prescient, he knew about it 5 years ago!!!

Glad Alain is back and looking forward to hearing the new songs. As for Boz. I have suspicions but what do I know or any of us for that matter. I wish him the very best and thank him for the wonderful contributions

Yep. Just a few of them. :thumb:
Yeah, I’m sure I’m forgetting some of them. He’s not useless, and he’s certainly improved - especially since WPINOYB and onwards and especially as a songwriter, but as guitar player as well - but to me, Alain and (in general) Boz play in higher divisions. As musicians and as songwriters.

Yeah, I’m sure I’m forgetting some of them. He’s not useless, and he’s certainly improved - especially since WPINOYB and onwards and especially as a songwriter, but as guitar player as well - but to me, Alain and (in general) Boz play in higher divisions. As musicians and as songwriters.
and this beautiful song...it´s so nice

Ok. For me I’d put Boz at the top of that list.

The hatred for Jesse around here seems completely absurd and deranged to me. What are all of your problems with him? I love a lot of the songs he co-wrote. You all speak as if he did you some sort of personal harm.
He’s a whiny little bitch.

I've known this all along but re Alain's return to the band I'm reminding myself of just how much work he put into Morrissey's discography.

Having written -

The bulk of Your Arsenal,
More than half of V&I,
Most of Southpaw,
More than half of Maladjusted,
Most of Quarry with virtually all but one of the B sides.
Half of Ringleader,
Almost half of YOR if you include his B sides.

Although I have enjoyed much of Morrissey's music since Alain Whyte left the band I cannot deny the gaping hole that he left. I'm not saying it'll all magically heal up upon his return. Especially given the fact that we won't hear any future Morrissey/Whyte compositions until a few years from now, but we can hope...

Can't we?

6b2cf6480dc17d7a92874ca566ed6717.jpg

Last edited:
Really? Name them.

Easily. Tobias songs I like or love. It is beyond me why any Morrissey fan would detest these songs with the rage of a thousand suns so much. They're great:

You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All Is Well
On The Streets I Ran (one of my all time favorite Morrissey songs)
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
I Knew I was Next (one of my all time favorite Morrissey songs)
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
All You Need Is Me
Sorry Doesn't Help
I'm OK By Myself
Smiler With Knife
Forgive Someone (one of my all time favorite Morrissey songs)
I Bury The Living
Jim Jim Falls
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Once I Saw The River Clean
My Hurling Days Are Done (one of my all time favorite Morrissey songs)

So...why are these songs so repugnant to you? What exactly differentiates them from any songs by any of his other cowriters over the years? Boz and Alain have certainly written worse songs than these with Morrisey, as have some of his other collaborators.

I'm not being facetious. I look at that list and I see some great rock songs. What is your problem with them outside of some personal hatred for Jesse that exists for some reason?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom