Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

What if Boz has had enough, and wasn't booted?
Actually, it would be nice to know the real reason. I wouldn't rule out problems with a green card or working permissions as well. He worked with LA located musicans during the recording sessions. Has your opinion on Alain's return left it's footprint here somewhere? I' m interested in.

Actually, it would be nice to know the real reason. I wouldn't rule out problems with a green card or working permissions as well. He worked with LA located musicans during the recording sessions. Has your opinion on Alain's return left it's footprint here somewhere? I' m interested in.

We could only assume skinny thinks Alain's racist for returning to the Moz fold.

Boz, surely has had enough, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I bet there is no drama, like everyone wants there to be, between Moz & Boz. Boz seems to be very happy according to his recent tweets.

It should also probably be said: Lyn's brush with covid and her having long covid now plus very elderly relatives and a recent bereavement of his own - added to clearly enjoying life in Portugal enough to buy another property may be factors. That and still being able to record and make music sat where he is may help also. They went through those times together and apart - always heading towards Portugal though and it's been on the agenda since prior to recent touring with Morrissey (some might say that's exactly why Vinyl Boutique moved online too). He may feel more obliged to stay with his sick wife more than do a few dates Stateside.
The fact there's a known Boorer track on the new album says a lot. Until/if it is announced, I'd keep the idea that Bonfire came about as a result of people being away and Morrissey's closeness to the studio(s?) lead to Chad etc. Not forgetting the potential producer is a multi-instrumentalist and may have suplimented normal member's roles. A$AP indicates Morrissey's contributions were probably for the same reason and possibly 'phoned in'.
I don't know why the others weren't involved. Jesse managed to travel and enjoy Italy yet still play a role. Then again Matt & Mando both have busy families and covid may have changed their priorities - who knows, but there's certainly not enough information to leap to 'sackings' quite yet.
FWD.

The really important question, is who gets to stand stage right? That always used to be Alain's spot, until Jesse replaced him. Will Alain reclaim his position, or have to take over Boz's spot on the left?

It should also probably be said: Lyn's brush with covid and her having long covid now plus very elderly relatives and a recent bereavement of his own - added to clearly enjoying life in Portugal enough to buy another property may be factors. That and still being able to record and make music sat where he is may help also. They went through those times together and apart - always heading towards Portugal though and it's been on the agenda since prior to recent touring with Morrissey (some might say that's exactly why Vinyl Boutique moved online too). He may feel more obliged to stay with his sick wife more than do a few dates Stateside.
The fact there's a known Boorer track on the new album says a lot. Until/if it is announced, I'd keep the idea that Bonfire came about as a result of people being away and Morrissey's closeness to the studio(s?) lead to Chad etc. Not forgetting the potential producer is a multi-instrumentalist and may have suplimented normal member's roles. A$AP indicates Morrissey's contributions were probably for the same reason and possibly 'phoned in'.
I don't know why the others weren't involved. Jesse managed to travel and enjoy Italy yet still play a role. Then again Matt & Mando both have busy families and covid may have changed their priorities - who knows, but there's certainly not enough information to leap to 'sackings' quite yet.
FWD.

I think I saw a facebook post by Lyn a few months ago where she said something like , thanks for the memories. Maybe Boz has retired?

The really important question, is who gets to stand stage right? That always used to be Alain's spot, until Jesse replaced him. Will Alain reclaim his position, or have to take over Boz's spot on the left?
I have absolutely nothing to base this on other than a hunch, but I reckon Alain will be stage left, and doing more of the rhythm duties than before.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on other than a hunch, but I reckon Alain will be stage left, and doing more of the rhythm duties than before.
Well that's where the vacancy is

FWD.
The fact there's a Boorer track? Really? Have we been told who composed the songs?
News to me!

The fact there's a Boorer track? Really? Have we been told who composed the songs?
News to me!
Boorer did compose a track called 'Diana Dors' for the LIHS sessions but this could be a newer version composed by someone else.

We could only assume skinny thinks Alain's racist for returning to the Moz fold.

I bet there is no drama, like everyone wants there to be, between Moz & Boz. Boz seems to be very happy according to his recent tweets.
Maybe. Maybe not. For me, it's completely unclear if Boz might return or if he "had enough:" Alain is surely not a racist. Out of the blue,
opportunities are suddenly here again and he grabs them while he can.

I could see boz taking a break with all he’s been through with COVID. Do t know about the others but it’s always a bit risky stepping away

Isn’t it too early to conclude that Boz has retired from the band for good? There are only 5 shows scheduled this year and travel restrictions are not playing in Boz’s favour.
But even if Boz has left, I don’t think he is on bad terms with Morrissey. He really had a good run with Morrissey for 30 years, that must mean something to both of them. No drama.

More then likely Boz doesn’t wanna travel because he and his wife got infected with covid and more then likely don’t want to become reinfected with it again and obviously they take it very seriously unlike some dullards who don’t.

If the stories about Alain's departure are true, it's difficult to feel any respect for him. He seems like a top bloke, and he co-wrote a lot of songs that I've loved for more than 25 years, but, to return and work for Morrissey in these circumstances seems horribly undignified. He should be ashamed.

It's interesting that Alain is back in the fold, but I can't quite get as nostalgic for the 90s as some do. Throughout that whole era the constant call was for Morrissey to work with new musicians - or, perhaps more specifically, for him to go back to working with old musicians - and it's a little ironic that the period is now romanticized so much. Obviously there were high points such as Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I, but the two albums that followed played a big part in nearly killing his career stone dead.

I don't mind him working with a variety of people though, and I think one of the strongest recent songs musically was What Kind of People Live in These Houses? I'm sure most people are aware that that was recorded with an almost completely new band.

That is your opinion. But I think the sound I don't like is Gustavo masur. Love the sound of Jesse s guitar. Specially. The jack the ripper , solo .worldpeace is non of your business. Solo , world is a questionark. Etc etc etc. Love his alternative rock sound. I cannot say that from. Alain and Mansur. By the way. I ll be in las Vegas. To alll the concerts. Specially on the right where Jess plays. (!I hope Morrissey don't change his position I want hm on the right. )!thanks. And for you if you don't like me don't look at me. !!!!
You’re on crack if you like Jesse’s playing. The guy doesn’t have a shred of nuance in his guitar playing. He is incapable of subtlety. Heavy handed meatball player.

You’re on crack if you like Jesse’s playing. The guy doesn’t have a shred of nuance in his guitar playing. He is incapable of subtlety. Heavy handed meatball player.
I agree Jesse is piss poor at playing guitar on any songs he didn’t make and even the ones he helped create lack any creativity, it’s just bland shit, Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols could play a tune better then him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom