Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

Last year Al was doing his YouTube vids and posted them on Twitter and he was very active. Jesse called him egomaniac or something similar, and other nasty remarks that he deleted.
Fans in both sides were calling each other too.

And Alain was always a gentleman. He never said one word.
He's insulted Alain and Johnny online. A bit embarrassing from a man who'll be second fiddle to them both forever and a day, and knows it.

Poor Moz, his life is an endless succession of Hollywood hacks filling in for wayward band members. His band has been completely incoherent since the mid-2000s and even that’s being generous. It’ll be interesting to see what Alain brings to the table and if his reappearance has any effect on the setlists, but as usual it’ll probably be a while (if ever) before we get the real story on what it’s all about. The ink is still drying on the NDAs.

It would be terribly sad if this marked the end of Boz as part of the band - truly the end of an era.

Hopefully it's just a temporary absence. It would be nice if Boz and/or Morrissey could clarify why he's absent, if only to put any rumours to bed.

Having said that - ALAIN'S BACK! I've been waiting for this day since 2004. He's my favourite Morrissey solo guitarist.

Maybe this helps to clear the date thing up on the cover photo. This photo is from 1999 after Alain canceled the Vegas show because of his back. Irony that I am throwing Alain under the bus here and that this shot was taken in HMV records in Caesar's Palace of all places. Irony abounds Alanis! The only thing missing in the necklace which might have been worn for the photos only. The outfit is the same and the "Hector" belt is around his waist.

Attachments

• Moz Vegas 99'.GIF
    Moz Vegas 99'.GIF
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
Alain playing in the live band again. Or Alain playing in the live band with Jesse and not Boz. After nearly 20 years out of the live band, I don't know which is the weirder development.

This would strongly suggest that Alain would play on any future studio tracks that bear his co-write - and possibly suggests that he has been involved in some of the new (Bonfire) recordings. I would expect that Jesse will take lead on any tracks Alain either didn't write or previously hadn't handled the lead work on. Probably depends on how heavy the set list is leaning on older vs. newer material.

EDIT: Alain replied to a comment on FB that he was NOT involved in the recording of Bonfire.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that any new songs that Moz and Alain wrote won’t be on the new bonfire lp but possibly the next one after it? However I just read a comment on YouTube (prob not best source for info) but the comment said he is credited on this new album? Maybe he just played on it but none of his new songs were written in time fir it?

I wonder how many songs by Elvis will be played in Vegas. I can’t imagine Morrissey not paying homage to the king of the Rock’n’Roll in the city where the latter had his own residency. Hoping for some unreleased material to be heard too. Maybe Diana Dors since he has been teasing with its existence for years. And The Smiths-esque I Ex-Love You sounds intriguing too

Alain's lockdown videos were fantastic and he wrote the majority of my favourite solo songs, not to mention he never seems to have a bad word to say about anyone - glad to see him back, look forward to if he's written anything on the new album.

Not really sure what that role entails, I assumed it was song arrangement and deciding who played, and how things where played for the songs.
Maybe this role presently is not as important as it once was? Maybe
Manzur has now taken over in that regard?
I've always been slightly curious regarding this 'musical director' role regarding Boz - it sounds like such an inflated title. Most bands don't seem to need one - learning the songs on the set list and making sure they all sound tight and are playing in the same key etc is just what bands do anyway. There was no mention of this role until after Alain was booted out the first time. It's very strange.

Probably the keyboard player will play synth versions of things like clarinet and sax.

Kinda wish Moz woulda went more Elvis style
for the Vegas shows and had a extended band.
He ain't gonna go as over the top as E did, but
a couple somethin' extra woulda worked.

Without boz boorer being a boy in the band / musical director does this mean they are likely to play the songs at the correct tempo first of the gang to sound the way it was recorded?

I hope that is the case

It would be terribly sad if this marked the end of Boz as part of the band - truly the end of an era.

Hopefully it's just a temporary absence. It would be nice if Boz and/or Morrissey could clarify why he's absent, if only to put any rumours to bed.

Having said that - ALAIN'S BACK! I've been waiting for this day since 2004. He's my favourite Morrissey solo guitarist.
Even if they " clarified" it won't be the truth.

Without boz boorer being a boy in the band / musical director does this mean they are likely to play the songs at the correct tempo first of the gang to sound the way it was recorded?

I hope that is the case

It weren't a worry for Wild T.
I'll Turkey step to any tempo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom