Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

Personally I think Boz was doomed once Morrissey thought he had bought into the whole 'Coronaspiracy' stuff. Be nice to see Alain again though.

Can you explain more on Boz vs Corona? It seems it is Moz who is more into the Corona as a conspiracy stuff. I suppose I missed something about Boz on the subject?

Can you explain more on Boz vs Corona? It seems it is Moz who is more into the Corona as a conspiracy stuff. I suppose I missed something about Boz on the subject?
No you haven't. I believe the anon was trying to communicate that Morrissey's 'con-vid' attitude may be at odds with Boz. There is no evidence that this is a factor in the Vegas lineup - it could just as easily be a logistical reason. I wouldn't doubt it'll be amplified and distorted if it played a tiny part though.
Besides Boz & Lyn's experiences with Covid and now long Covid, elderly relatives getting jabs etc - both Lyn & Boz have been strongly pro-vaccination & pro-mask throughout.
Regards,
FWD.

No you haven't. I believe the anon was trying to communicate that Morrissey's 'con-vid' attitude may be at odds with Boz. There is no evidence that this is a factor in the Vegas lineup - it could just as easily be a logistical reason. I wouldn't doubt it'll be amplified and distorted if it played a tiny part though.
Besides Boz & Lyn's experiences with Covid and now long Covid, elderly relatives getting jabs etc -

both Lyn & Boz have been strongly pro-vaccination & pro-mask throughout.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, and in spite of Sam’s posts, I don’t think M is anti-vax or anti-mask. But even if he was, I don’t think it would be playing a major role in the reason for Boz’s absence.

I've said something similar before but this a clear road map for Johnny Marr. Alain contact Morrissey without ego. He said he regretted how they'd partied ways. Told Morrissey that he remains the greatest lyricist and collaborator and that he'd love to work with him again. Morrissey suggested he submit some demos and then based on the quaity of those demos he offered him the opportunity to join his current band.

Johnny has been prepared to join existing bands in the past. If Johnny was able to put his ego to one side he could do the same as Alain.

I've said something similar before but this a clear road map for Johnny Marr. Alain contact Morrissey without ego. He said he regretted how they'd partied ways. Told Morrissey that he remains the greatest lyricist and collaborator and that he'd love to work with him again. Morrissey suggested he submit some demos and then based on the quaity of those demos he offered him the opportunity to join his current band.

Johnny has been prepared to join existing bands in the past. If Johnny was able to put his ego to one side he could do the same as Alain.

Yes, I’ve been saying something similar in another thread. Not about
ego, but about Morrissey opening up and working with Alain again, which makes me now reconsider the possibility of a Marr collaboration in the future.

And yes, the move to do so, would need to come from both sides. Which won’t happen anytime soon.

Yes, I’ve been saying something similar in another thread. Not about
ego, but about Morrissey opening up and working with Alain again, which makes me now reconsider the possibility of a Marr collaboration in the future.

And yes, the move to do so, would need to come from both sides. Which won’t happen anytime soon.
The words "anytime soon" are not needed. Which, given the poor quality of some of Johnny's recent releases, is probably a very good thing.

Delighted that Alain is back - he is not the Messiah...but he can right a few wrongs.

Is Alain in cos Boz was out?
Is Boz out cos Alain was in?
Does Brendon stand a Buckley's chance of hanging around?

These and other questions will be answered, no doubt, by the twelfth of never...

The words "anytime soon" are not needed. Which, given the poor quality of some of Johnny's recent releases, is probably a very good thing.

Ah yes, but surely Marr would be inspired to write great music again
simply because he’s in the presence of a great artist, which is
Morrissey. That’s all that Johnny only always needed.

Though I guess some will say the same about Morrissey needing Marr ... blah, blah, blah ...

Delighted that Alain is back - he is not the Messiah...but he can right a few wrongs.

I don’t know about righting wrongs, though a change is always nice.

And of course to one day hear their new songs together will be great, even if they’re not great Well, I’m looking forward to them.

That’s interesting indeed! I kinda saw Boz being out for now on account of travel restrictions but not the other two guys.
I don't see why. There are daily British Airways flights landing in Boston, NYC and L.A. If there's a problem with Boz getting here due to travel restrictions, why not Morrissey, who as recently as a week ago was watching football in Manc.

I bet Jesse has had to bite his tongue. He's been so rude and bitchy at Alain during the first year of the pandemic and very vocal on twitter.
Take that bitch.

Curious about Matt ,seems to me he's been unhappy with Moz for a while, however not playing in Vegas doesn't mean anything.

Is Alain in cos Boz was out?

I think that may have played a part in Alain saying yes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boz decided not to do these shows long ago.
Is Boz out cos Alain was in?
Does Brendon stand a Buckley's chance of hanging around?

These and other questions will be answered, no doubt, by the twelfth of never...

I don’t think there’s any ill will between Moz & Boz, I think it’s just Boz feeling that he’s had his fill, and is just as happy to not be there.

I bet Jesse has had to bite his tongue. He's been so rude and bitchy at Alain during the first year of the pandemic and very vocal on twitter.
Take that bitch.
This sounds interesting. Do you have any examples?

Boz's role is bigger than just the guitarist, he is the band's musical director. Very curious he is off the gig but i would reckon it's as simple as not wanting to travel during Plague Times. Not sure what the reason is for Matt being out of the band.

Nice to see Solomon back. Suppose Morrissey forgave him for eating that burger in 2014.

Take that bitch.

Ah nothing wrong with a little friction between the boys, they’ll
play better, Moz knows this.

:cool:

Stoked to have Alain back! But interesting dynamic as both he and Jesse were the lead guitarists with Bozz as rhythm...so does Alain take Bozz’s place as rhythm unless it’s an Alain written song?
Also happy seeing Solomon back but sad Matt isn’t there - I think he’s my favourite Moz drummer...he just drums with a lot of power and energy. Sort of the total opposite of Deano was

This sounds interesting. Do you have any examples?

Boz's role is bigger than just the guitarist, he is the band's musical director.

Not really sure what that role entails, I assumed it was song arrangement and deciding who played, and how things where played for the songs.
Maybe this role presently is not as important as it once was? Maybe
Manzur has now taken over in that regard?

Nice to see Solomon back. Suppose Morrissey forgave him for eating that burger in 2014.

:fearscream: :lbf:

Stoked to have Alain back! But interesting dynamic as both he and Jesse were the lead guitarists with Bozz as rhythm...so does Alain take Bozz’s place as rhythm unless it’s an Alain written song?

Yes was thinking this too. And just assumed there would be a trade off between them (Jesse, Alain) as to who played rhythm or lead on different songs.
Also happy seeing Solomon back but sad Matt isn’t there - I think he’s my favourite Moz drummer...he just drums with a lot of power and energy. Sort of the total opposite of Deano was

Never liked Deano. Curious as to what Brendan will bring to the songs.

That’s interesting indeed! I kinda saw Boz being out for now on account of travel restrictions but not the other two guys.
Don't believe for a minute that Boz's absence is related to travel issues:
- he would be able to enter the US on a work permit
- he's been travelling to & from Portugal throughout the pandemic

He & Lyn are currently posting a lot of stuff from Portugal about availability of their studio there so I guess that's where his priorities lie at the moment.

When hell freezes over.

Johnny’s gigs are fantastic. Why would he wanna team up with Convid-Moz? 🤣

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom