The Boy With A Stitch In His Side - Support Salford Lads Club

Virgil Tracy

Good Evening West 'am!
I will be running the London Marathon on Sunday 26th April.

I hope to complete the 26 miles in under 4 hours (yeah right!) but the main point of running will be to raise money for Salford Lads Club

I would like to get a 100 Morrissey fans to sponsor me a tenner each!

You can donate your £10 at www.justgiving.com/boywithastitchladsclub

Please don't hesitate to contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or any abuse, or even better please stick it on the site for everyone to enjoy!

Regards

Mark

Oh my Morrissey running blog can be found at www.boywithastitch.com

Last edited:
Re: The Boy With A Stitch In His Side

As many of you will know, and many more won't, I will be running the London Marathon on Sunday 26th April.

I hope to complete the 26 miles in under 4 hours (yeah right!) but the main point of running will be to raise money for two important charities. I want to try and raise at least £1,000 for the Salford Lads Club (the other being the Samaritans) I know you are right in the middle of buying presents for your nearest and dearest so I know sponsoring me is the last thing on the list but I just wanted really to let you know about my blog - The Boy With A Stitch In His Side - so you can keep an eye on how it's going and hopefully have a laugh at my expense. Find it here - www.boywithastitch.com

All the details you need to know on how to sponsor me are on there (I would rather have sponsorship than presents - nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and I will add information about how it's going over the next four months, so please keep checking back and please forward the link on to anyone who might be interested. Ideally it would be nice if lot's of people to sponsor me a little, 50p/£1 a mile.

Please don't hesitate to contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or any abuse, or even better please stick it on the site for everyone to enjoy!

Regards

Mark

Well done, Virg! I will throw a few bob your way.
This tired old man started running for the first time in January this year and I do 6-10k almost daily now, so I have no doubt you will triumph in the marathon!
Good result yesterday, btw.
Also, do you have liquor with your pie and mash? It's scary stuff, but I ate it once before going to a game. And drank a lot of the other kind afterwards ;)

Well done, Virg! I will throw a few bob your way.
This tired old man started running for the first time in January this year and I do 6-10k almost daily now, so I have no doubt you will triumph in the marathon!
Good result yesterday, btw.
Also, do you have liquor with your pie and mash? It's scary stuff, but I ate it once before going to a game. And drank a lot of the other kind afterwards ;)

I do - pints of the stuff! One of the good things about the East End is we still have plenty of Pie'n'Mash shops left.

Thanks for your encouragement, I would really like to do it in under four hours.

Great Result Yesterday Irons! Irons!

I'll be donating for sure Virgil.....
Hope you'll be laying off the Xmas pud and alcohol over Chrimbo and getting into shape with lots of daily jogs;)

Jukebox Jury

You'll do it I'm sure..Pasta is good for running. Do they do pasta at the Turk's Head?

count me in buddy - you are a damn fine human being

see u friday :guitar:

if you pull it off(under 4 hours that is:rolleyes:) i'll get you a pimms and lemonade on the 9th may if you know the resolute;)

Thank you everybody!

It's the 10 minute walk to the Turks Head *cough* that is getting me fit!

count me in buddy - you are a damn fine human being

see u friday :guitar:

Can I use this quote on the website! :)

This has dropped to the second page already? Clearly not enough people know you well enough to know that you running any distance is truly laughable.

Personally I think that Marco Boogers stands more of a chance finishing.

Nevertheless, I will of course donate my hard earned too.

This has dropped to the second page already? Clearly not enough people know you well enough to know that you running any distance is truly laughable.

Personally I think that Marco Boogers stands more of a chance finishing.

Nevertheless, I will of course donate my hard earned too.

People know me - it's the fact they don't like me that is the issue. Good call on Marco - legend.

One question for everyone, what Morrissey/Smiths songs do you think would be suitable for running too?? Ideally something uptempo as running to Asleep is not getting me going - what are your thoughts??

I've added a facebook group for those who like that sort of thing.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114878275219#/group.php?gid=114878275219

Greatful for any and all support and any positive and not so positive comments.

Change the admin of the group so anybody can join - at the moment it says "Members must be invited or approved by an admin".

I'm sure it's been said (a hundred times, maybe less maybe more) but I couldn't think of a time when "Walker" has been a more apt name for you.

I hope you do better than Jade Goody:rolleyes:

PS are any of those pie 'n' mash shops vegetarian?:confused::D

Jukebox Jury

Change the admin of the group so anybody can join - at the moment it says "Members must be invited or approved by an admin".

I'm sure it's been said (a hundred times, maybe less maybe more) but I couldn't think of a time when "Walker" has been a more apt name for you.

Ok changed it now - please feel free to join (everyone) and add some coments!!

I just joined!

I'm also planning on sponsoring you when I get my next giro.

Good luck with the training. Pleased the weather has warmed up a bit. Last week was arctic.

Back
Top Bottom