The Billy Idol Thread

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Has there ever been a Billy Idol thread here? (Kewpie, no, that's not a queue for a search;))
I'm going to see him next week with my youngest daughter (14) at the Apollo.

As a 16 year old I saw Generation X on TOTP doing ''King Rocker''. It was that bad it had to be good and by the end of the song I had decided to be a punk:cool:

I never got to see Generation X, when their final album came out (1981) I had a ticket to see them but they split up a few weeks before the gig and I have never seen Billy as a solo artist either.

King Rocker - http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0i_KuVcBZA or http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR6TSe1Gqfo&feature=related

Jukebox 'Wild Youth' Jury

Last edited:
I'm going to see him on the 28th in Amsterdam. :guitar:
Saw him there about 3 years ago and he looked so amazingly good.
We were with a group of 8: 5 women, 3 men. Men were all jealous, women were all dropping their jaws. :horny:
He had so much fun as did the audience.
He played all of the old hits.
Steve Stevens was there as well.
Great night it was.
Hope it will be as good on the 28th. :guitar:

Last edited:
I met Billy Idol many, many years ago at a Generation X gig at the Wellington Club in Hull. For the record, he was friendly and very chatty.

I met Billy Idol many, many years ago at a Generation X gig at the Wellington Club in Hull.

Jammy b*****d.
Gen X and The Clash are the two punk bands I have wanted to see but never have (either first time round or reunions). As a Clash comeback seems very unlikely, it's time for Billy, Tony James, Bob 'Derwood' Andrews and Mark Laff to get together again.
Bob Andrews has a book coming out soon.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Has there ever been a Billy Idol thread here? (Kewpie, no, that's not a queue for a search;))
I'm going to see him next week with my youngest daughter (14) at the Apollo.

As a 16 year old I saw Generation X on TOTP doing ''King Rocker''. It was that bad it had to be good and by the end of the song I had decided to be a punk:cool:

I never got to see Generation X, when their final album came out (1981) I had a ticket to see them but they split up a few weeks before the gig and I have never seen Billy as a solo artist either.

King Rocker - http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0i_KuVcBZA or http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR6TSe1Gqfo&feature=related

Jukebox 'Wild Youth' Jury

My favourite Billy Idol album would definitely have to be Billy Idol: Greatest Hits.

Seriously though, I only bought it because I liked White Wedding, but I listen to most of the songs on it quite regularly. Never have got round to listening to Generation X, though.

My favourite Billy Idol album would definitely have to be Billy Idol: Greatest Hits.

Seriously though, I only bought it because I liked White Wedding, but I listen to most of the songs on it quite regularly. Never have got round to listening to Generation X, though.

Start with the singles album ''Perfect Hits 1975-81'' and you can't go wrong.
'Wild Youth' and 'Wild Youth Dub' have always been a big fave of mine:guitar:

'Wild Youth' - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufmLI5PYG9I

Jukebox Jury

Jammy b*****d.
Gen X and The Clash are the two punk bands I have wanted to see but never have (either first time round or reunions). As a Clash comeback seems very unlikely, it's time for Billy, Tony James, Bob 'Derwood' Andrews and Mark Laff to get together again.
Bob Andrews has a book coming out soon.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I also saw The Clash in 1979 at the Bridlington Spa. Sorry for rubbing it in.

Sorry to bump this thread but I only just noticed there was a Billy Idol thread + I decided to join in- albeit somewhat late-
I'm a huge Billy Idol fan and was considering going up to Manchester to see him at the Apollo soon but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's sold out ? I've tried seetickets but my computer keeps crashing when I get onto it + I tried ringing the venue but they couldn't tell me anything- was just wondering if anyone knew? Any info will be much appreciated cheers - I'd be gutted if I missed out on the chance to see him finally!

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this thread but I only just noticed there was a Billy Idol thread + I decided to join in- albeit somewhat late-
I'm a huge Billy Idol fan and was considering going up to Manchester to see him at the Apollo soon but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's sold out ? I've tried seetickets but my computer keeps crashing when I get onto it + I tried ringing the venue but they couldn't tell me anything- was just wondering if anyone knew? Any info will be much appreciated cheers - I'd be gutted if I missed out on the chance to see him finally!

Seetickets site says it's not sold out yet.
This is their phone number for tickets: 0870 264 3333.

Thanks a lot Jose I appreciate your help as like I say seetickets was screwing up for me so thanks for checking will hopefully get myself some tickets tonight then - can't wait cheers!

I just saw him a couple of weeks ago. (First show of the current tour!)
I have to say, he is still such a great performer. I was planted right up front where Steve Stevens plays and they never disappoint, always engaging the crowd. He's aging quite gracefully. Watch out Moz! :D

I think the Christmas album might have been a mistake, judging by the cover. Although in fairness, I've never heard any of the songs.

Thanks a lot Jose I appreciate your help as like I say seetickets was screwing up for me so thanks for checking will hopefully get myself some tickets tonight then - can't wait cheers!

Just turn up at the Apollo if it hasn't sold out and avoid the stupid add on ''fees''. Or if you live in Manchester, you can buy them direct from the Palace Theatre box office without the extras:)

See you there

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Just turn up at the Apollo if it hasn't sold out and avoid the stupid add on ''fees''. Or if you live in Manchester, you can buy them direct from the Palace Theatre box office without the extras:)

See you there

Jukebox Jury

Thanks very much for your help :) I've been trying to use ticketmaster for the past 20 minutes but it keeps crashing on me (I think it's a sign that someone doesn't want me to go to the gig:rolleyes::p) but i've got onto the part where they deliver tickets and they say you can print them off yourself - but I don't know if that's an entirely trustworthy method - I don't want to end up buying tickets and them not being accepted by the venue because they're made out of paper :confused::(
I live in Plymouth (so it's going to be quite the trek to get up there but i've done it for Moz so why not for Billy!) but my Dad lives in Manchester so I might just do what you said + force him to get them for me- thanks very much!
See you there

Thanks very much for your help :) I've been trying to use ticketmaster for the past 20 minutes but it keeps crashing on me (I think it's a sign that someone doesn't want me to go to the gig:rolleyes::p) but i've got onto the part where they deliver tickets and they say you can print them off yourself - but I don't know if that's an entirely trustworthy method - I don't want to end up buying tickets and them not being accepted by the venue because they're made out of paper :confused::(
I live in Plymouth (so it's going to be quite the trek to get up there but i've done it for Moz so why not for Billy!) but my Dad lives in Manchester so I might just do what you said + force him to get them for me- thanks very much!
See you there

Plymouth!:eek:
That is some trek!

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom