The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club - MEN

The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club - Manchester Evening News

Excerpt: "They may not have been able to get Morrissey as best man. But a bride and groom got the next best thing - a wedding ceremony at Salford Lads Club. Johanna Wroe and Neil Roberts tied the knot in The Smiths Room of the building.

Both lifelong fans of the band, Neil used lyrics from the song “William It Was Really Nothing” to pledge his love. He said the line: “Would you like to marry me, if you like I can buy a ring.”

38922_slc_wedding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/smiths-wedding-salford-lads-club-11715608

Excerpt: "They may not have been able to get Morrissey as best man. But a bride and groom got the next best thing - a wedding ceremony at Salford Lads Club. Johanna Wroe and Neil Roberts tied the knot in The Smiths Room of the building.

Both lifelong fans of the band, Neil used lyrics from the song “William It Was Really Nothing” to pledge his love. He said the line: “Would you like to marry me, if you like I can buy a ring.”

Afld0T3.jpg
Hopefully it will last longer than 5 years.

iv always dreamed of marrying a buck toothed girl from Luxembourg.

Instead of The Wedding March did they play Kick The Bride Down The Aisle?

The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club - Manchester Evening News

38922_slc_wedding.jpg

This is amazing! Congratulations, and what a quirky backdrop. If I ever get married (unlikely) I'd always thought I'd like a pic outside SLC in the dress!

I was thinking the same thing...

The lyrics to what? Every smiths and Morrissey song ever?

I'm sure this is about the iconic venue and not specifically one song, and I'm not sure what song exactly you would be referring to

The lyrics to what? Every smiths and Morrissey song ever?

I'm sure this is about the iconic venue and not specifically one song, and I'm not sure what song exactly you would be referring to

This IS the best wedding ever for a couple of Smiths fans.

The couple is very nice and they seem totally happy. Who wouldn't?

But the lyrics of William, it was really nothing... I don't know... Maybe... Who knows? :squiffy:

What's your favorite Smiths quote for a wedding day?

Not strange at all

Mine: I am human and I need to be loved

im still stuck on the title. who writes this shit? does the guy who wrote the title also write internet memes in his spare time? the best wedding EVER? wouldnt that be relative? i mean, it probably wouldnt be the best wedding EVER for someone who wasnt a smiths fan, for someone who was, say, a kid rock fan. so, the best wedding EVER for these two? well, i would hope. i mean, regardless of the theme, i would hope it's their best wedding ever.

im still stuck on the title. who writes this shit? does the guy who wrote the title also write internet memes in his spare time? the best wedding EVER? wouldnt that be relative? i mean, it probably wouldnt be the best wedding EVER for someone who wasnt a smiths fan, for someone who was, say, a kid rock fan. so, the best wedding EVER for these two? well, i would hope. i mean, regardless of the theme, i would hope it's their best wedding ever.

Both must be very fan and in the same proportion. Not like "I'm super fan and I go to the pit, and my husband I don't care where his bones are going to be settled during the show". Like fan&fan. Then it's the best wedding ever for those two.

Both must be very fan and in the same proportion. Not like "I'm super fan and I go to the pit, and my husband I don't care where his bones are going to be settled during the show". Like fan&fan. Then it's the best wedding ever for those two.

ahaha, literally laughed out loud. that's great count :lbf:

The "he" in this tale is me. And whilst I used the lyric "would you like to marry me" etc in my proposal, I also used a lot of other Smiths and Morrissey lyrics, taken completely out of their recorded context and made up in to a book that charted my now wife and I's relationship. We had little signs in Morrissey esque handwriting about the place on the wedding day that were bastardised lyrics, "take a vulgar picture" at the photo booth. "Sweetness, Sweetness" by the sweetie cart for the kids, "hang the Dj" well I'll let you use your imagination as to where that was, and "I won't share you" by the cakes! We met as a direct result of our shared love of The Smiths and Morrissey. For our wedding to have been held somewhere so iconic in smiths folklore was just perfect. The building is incredible, the volunteers are amazing and we have made some amazing friends as well as amazing memories. To anyone who wishes to pour scorn on our day, feel free. We did something that represented us,
Massively, instead of bowing to an accepted norm of what a wedding ought to be. "There is no such thing in life as normal".

Well for us, it was an absolutely perfect day, if you think we did Something cool, great. If you think something else then that's your perrogative. I was lucky enough to have my wife suggest something truly unique to us, and "I'm not sorry"

The title reads as follows, and therefore clarifies your very point no?

"The best wedding EVER for a couple of Smiths fans who tied the knot at Salford Lads Club".

still no?

wouldnt it have been better if morrissey was there? therefore it wasnt the best wedding EVER. it was the best wedding for your budget and schedule. also if this was your first wedding, it's not like you have many choices, and can say "no that other one was a bit better...". NOW do you get it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom