The best songwriter

You're welcome. A bit disturbing, but that's one of my requirements:)

I would offer a recommendation back but I suspect you know considerably more about neo-folk than me ;)

Another great songwriter that I was recently recommended: Mark Kozalek

Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:
I would offer a recommendation back but I suspect you know considerably more about neo-folk than me ;)

Another great songwriter that I was recently recommended: Mark Kozalek

Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio

HEY! that is my favorite song by him!!!!!Beautiful (carry me ohio) love the line 'can't count to all the lover's i've burned through'...great song...

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY! that is my favorite song by him!!!!!Beautiful (carry me ohio) love the line 'can't count to all the lover's i've burned through'...great song...

It's utterly stunning isn't it. I had a couple of Red House Painters albums sitting on the shelf for months and never really got in to them, but after another member on here, Lisa, pestered me about how great Sun Kil Moon were I bought both April and Ghosts of the Great Highway and have been obsessed ever since. Unlit Hallway, The Light and Tonight the Sky are heatbreakingly beautiful also. I must have listened to each of them 50 times in the last couple of months.

Last edited:
Martin Gore.

Martin Rossiter.

There are others who are not called Martin but I care not to recall their names.

Back
Top Bottom