The Best Smiths Song Ever, The Final!

Best Smiths Song...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
How could anyone think I know it's over is better than shoplifters!?
SO agreed. :)
--------------------------------------
Easy choice:
Cemetry
Shoplift
StopME
Thorn
LightOUT
-------------------------------------
FAO Johan: I hope that you have something else lined up for us after this FINAL round is over! (otherwise I am fearful what will become of you :p )

For me : There is a light / Stop me / How soon is now / This charming man / Last night

I went with:

Still Ill
I Know It's Over
There is a Light . . .
Stop Me . . .
Last Night I Dreamt . . .

So glad Still Ill is up there, it's my absolute favourite. Would have liked to have seen These Things Take Time, however. But you can't have everything!

FAO Johan: I hope that you have something else lined up for us after this FINAL round is over! (otherwise I am fearful what will become of you :p )

Yes, my life is almost over...
After this final I have one final Final lined up: The best Morrissey/Smiths song ever! The top 8 of this final and the top 7 of the Best Morrissey Song Ever Final will battle it out!
After that, my life will be complete :)

Half A Person
Reel Around the Fountain
Headmaster Ritual
Shoplifters...
There Is A Light...

stop me
shoplifters
still ill
i know its over
charming man

After this final I have one final Final lined up: The best Morrissey/Smiths song ever! The top 8 of this final and the top 7 of the Best Morrissey Song Ever Final will battle it out!

All due respect to the poll MC :) , but why do Smiths get 8 songs and Morrissey gets only 7?

Well, your life may be complete when it is all over and you may celebrate that temporarily...But it is worrisome that you might just atrophy and waste away when the fete winds down. We must prevent that! (I hope you have some ideas :D )

All due respect to the poll MC :) , but why do Smiths get 8 songs and Morrissey gets only 7?

Well, your life may be complete when it is all over and you may celebrate that temporarily...But it is worrisome that you might just atrophy and waste away when the fete winds down. We must prevent that! (I hope you have some ideas :D )

obviously The Smiths were more important.......heheheheheheh

how about 7 each and whichever no 8 has more votes?

Yes, I was going to do that, but as the number 8 in this poll already had as many votes as the number 7 in the Moz-poll it will come to 8 Smiths-ones and 7 Moz-ones.

Looks like these will be the final 15 then:
Smiths top 8:
1) There is A Light... 126
2) How Soon is Now? 73
3) Still Ill 72
4) I Know It's Over 74
5) This Charming Man 65
6) Stop Me... 54
7) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side 49
8) Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me 44

(Well I Wonder is only 1 vote behind)

Morrissey top 7:
1) Everyday is Like Sunday 100
2) Life Is A Pigsty 78
3) Now My Heart Is Full 73
4) Trouble Loves Me 64
5) Jack The Ripper 61
6) Late Night, Maudlin St 45
7) Suedehead 45

(Speedway is only 2 votes behind)

I have a feeling I'll be voting all Smiths in the final poll. I do love Morrissey's solo work and as an almost 25 year career he stands up against any other artist ever but I am still of the opinion that Moz solo= brilliant, Smiths= PERFECT.

Come on... get Well I Wonder in the finale.

I'd quite like Shoplifters to pip Last Night I Dreamt. But I forgot to vote for Stop Me! Don't worry, I was only drunk.

Not yet cos you'll obviously have to spin the top 15 tunes at your aftershow party!!!

Back
Top Bottom