• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's my choice:

Reel Around the Fountain
Well I Wonder
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Still Ill
The Headmaster Ritual

Still Ill, How Soon Is Now, & This Charming Man are tied!!

That was strangely easy, my votes:
Reel Around the Fountain
Still Ill
That Joke
Charming Man
Well I Wonder (happy that one's doing so well)

Girl Afraid
HSIN?
Still Ill
Well, I Wonder
I Want The One I Can't Have

I think I have to go with 'Still Ill' on this one. Although my particular interest in that song has waned somewhat since I first heard it (probaly due to the excessive repeated listens), it does hold a special place in my heart. For one thing, the music and the lyrics blend perfectly; it has a pounding, relentless rythm, and the opening lyrics really grab you by the balls. Those are some of the most touching, profound and heartachingly personal lyrics that Morrissey ever commited to song in the whole of 'The Smith's' libaraby in my opinion. If you'd allow me to a dial'a'cliche on this one, those opening lines articulated for me the exact feelings I had of the time in which I first listened to the song. The repeated lines: 'Under the iron-bridge, we kissed, and even though I ended up with sore lips'...are simply beautiful.

Following not to far behind would be, 'Boy with a thorn...' and 'That Joke isn't Funny...'.

I think I have to go with 'Still Ill' on this one. Although my particular interest in that song has waned somewhat since I first heard it (probaly due to the excessive repeated listens), it does hold a special place in my heart. For one thing, the music and the lyrics blend perfectly; it has a pounding, relentless rythm, and the opening lyrics really grab you by the balls. Those are some of the most touching, profound and heartachingly personal lyrics that Morrissey ever commited to song in the whole of 'The Smith's' libaraby in my opinion. If you'd allow me to a dial'a'cliche on this one, those opening lines articulated for me the exact feelings I had of the time in which I first listened to the song. The repeated lines: 'Under the iron-bridge, we kissed, and even though I ended up with sore lips'...are simply beautiful.

Following not to far behind would be, 'Boy with a thorn...' and 'That Joke isn't Funny...'.

I was never that crazy about Still Ill as an album track, until I heard the 'Rank' version. That really made me hear it in a different way. Go put it on! It's just beautiful :o

I weep at the exclusion of I Know It's Over...

Handsome Devil
I Want The One I Can't Have
The Boy With the Thorn...
The Headmaster
This Charming Man

I was never that crazy about Still Ill as an album track, until I heard the 'Rank' version. That really made me hear it in a different way. Go put it on! It's just beautiful :o

Thats the first time I've heard anyone say that! Thanks. I completely agree. .

And the live version this year wasn't too shabby either, especially when I saw him/them do it on that channel 4 thing back in March/ April. (Was prob too drunk/ whatever/ trying to be on Stars In Your Eyes to appreciate it too fully at the gigs.)

in no particular order...

this charming man
what difference does it make
handsome devil
jeane
how soon is now

How Soon Is Now?

The Boy WIth A Thorn In His Side :)

This Charming Man

Still ILL

Headmaster Ritual

Top 10 from this period: