The Best Smiths Song Ever, Round 7

Best non-album Smiths track 1985-1987

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No...this one is too difficult. How can I choose between Rubber Ring, Half a person, Is it really so strange, you just haven't earned it yet baby, Unloveable, I keep mine hidden etc. All such important parts of my Smiths upbringing...

I wonder if 'Money changes everything' and 'The Draize train' will get any votes.

Asleep[one of my very favs]

Rubber Ring

Half A Person

Very, very tough decision this time round, but I have went for:

Rubber Ring
Half A Person
Asleep

Draize Train sure get's one of my votes.

"The Draize Train", "Sweet And Tender Hooligan" and "Half A Person".

I love the way these polls shape up.
20 votes and we already know who's gonna go through, more or less.
Strange to see Unloveable at 0 votes still, though.

My votes:
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Half A Person
Rubber Ring

First two were easy to decide, but after that I suffered for about 10 minutes. :(

Asleep
Half A Person
Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Must there always be three votes? ;) For every round I've been desperate to vote for four.

My selections:

Asleep (this absolutely must win)
Rubber Ring
London

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby would have been the next selection if it were permitted.

For some reason this wasn't too difficult for me ... I knew I wanted to vote Half a person and Rubber ring, knew too many will vote for Asleep so I spent about 10 minutes thinking what to put as my 3rd vote and decided to put I keep mine hidden, only because I've been really into that song lately.

I like most of these songs but IMO most of them are weaker then some that haven't pulled through in the previous rounds. I therefore tried not to spend too much time thinking which 3 to choose and won't bite my nails to see which ones end up on the final list ...

This was really hard to decide. Sweet & Tender Hooligan is one of my all-time faves so it got my vote. I really love I Keep Mine Hidden and Work Is A Four Letter Word, so I considered voting for them because I knew that no one else would... but, well, eventually I picked You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby and Rubber Ring. But it was a tough decision. All of the songs on the list are very worthy, except for the instrumentals and the covers (bar WIA4LW, which is divine).

asleep, rubber ring and half a person

Go Draize Train!

We're three people who has voted for it, jsut some few more to make an example.

Back
Top Bottom