The best band you have ever seen live

Regina Spektor, for both (and soon to be 3 haha) times that I have seen her.
Ani DiFranco and Morrissey will be in the list also when I see Ani in a few weeks and Morrissey whenever he brings himself here. :mad::p

The Damned, brilliant nights but I can beerly remember them now! :)
we wouldn't have lasted long in the big brother house in them days, it was gob awful!
did I mention (probably a million times) that at 1 of the gigs I got saved by 'Gordon the Moron'? Well yeah I did, the bloke who is on the pic cover of the Jilted John record helped drag me out 1/2 dead & took me outside for some Hulme fresh air! Good days!

love

Grim

that's him, standing at the bus stop with Julie... yeah

jilt.jpg

love

Grim

Hmmm

Dave Matthews Band as far as musical talent - Billy Joel and Jimmy Buffett tie for sheer fun.

AC/DC with Bon Scott (get out the calculators, bitches ;) )
RUSH on the Signals tour was so great, but on Grace Under Pressure I got to stand against the stage so it was possibly better.

Neil Young at The Cow Palace was really great, too. It was the "third best garage band in the world" tour so there were giant props like Live Rust, but different. Also he sang a song called Mideast Vacation that hadn't been released yet. They must have played it for about 12 minutes. It was excellent and I really liked the opportunity to hear something I'd never heard that I really liked. Later it was released on one of his mid-80's Geffen records, and while I liked the recorded version it paled to the live version.

I really like seeing RUSH, but Neil Young's Live Rust record is the reason I learned to play guitar.

AC/DC with Bon Scott (get out the calculators, bitches ;) )
RUSH on the Signals tour was so great, but on Grace Under Pressure I got to stand against the stage so it was possibly better.

Neil Young at The Cow Palace was really great, too. It was the "third best garage band in the world" tour so there were giant props like Live Rust, but different. Also he sang a song called Mideast Vacation that hadn't been released yet. They must have played it for about 12 minutes. It was excellent and I really liked the opportunity to hear something I'd never heard that I really liked. Later it was released on one of his mid-80's Geffen records, and while I liked the recorded version it paled to the live version.

I really like seeing RUSH, but Neil Young's Live Rust record is the reason I learned to play guitar.

Scott died in 1980. I still say early 40's.

Too many....

Radiohead-for sure
Pixies-in the early 90's, I never saw any of the reunion gigs:(
Nirvana-can't deny they were brilliant live every time
Pulp
Suede-their first tour, with Bernard was amazing
B&S

Neil Young- Manchester Apollo 2008
Rage Against The Machine- Rock Im Park 2008
Nine Inch Nails- Reading 2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers- MEN Arena 2006
Moby- Manchester Apollo 2005
Audioslave- MEN 2005
Chris Cornell- Rock City 2007

and of course

Morrissey- Nottingham 2006/Manchester 2006/Doncaster 2008. The latter was an odd venue and the set was cut short but for sheer proximity to the man and the setlist it was :):):)

how could I forget... Patti Smith, Liverpool Academy 2007

Last edited:
David Bowie- Heathen tour, in August 2002 at the Gorge.
It was the first Bowie concert I had ever been to, and he had meant the world to me for the majority of my life. He walked out playing my favourite song of all time, and I got a bit teary eyed. It was a lovely show, and I was a mere 12 feet from him!
:D

Back
Top Bottom