"The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by Morrissey

Originally posted at allyouneedismorrissey.com:

Mott The Hoople Documentary Due - ClashMusic.com

Excerpt:

Detailing the band's story, the importance of Mott The Hoople within the pantheon of rock music is laid bare. Morrissey volunteered to write the sleevenotes, penning some moving words to his boyhood heroes:

“Savage history always passes judgment in due course, and here we are, in 2011, still studying Mott The Hoople.”

Bringing the band's story back to life, Mott The Hoople are rescued from their place in the history books and given a new relevance by a thoughtful, provocative and enthralling new documentary.

'The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople' is out on October 10th.

mott_the_hoople_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

If you want to visit a site featuring a great essay on Morrissey, a 4000 word novel extract mentioning Morrissey and Vauxhall and I, and the latest news and exciting debate why not join us over at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com ?

Or you can stay here with the regulars who now think the blog is mine because I've mentioned it like road hog did. Some of them also think I am road hog, others think I am road hog and Morrissey too.

Road Hog, you have keel me.

Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

If you want to visit a site featuring a great essay on Morrissey, a 4000 word novel extract mentioning Morrissey and Vauxhall and I, and the latest news and exciting debate why not join us over at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com ?

Or you can stay here with the regulars who now think the blog is mine because I've mentioned it like road hog did. Some of them also think I am road hog, others think I am road hog and Morrissey too.

We don't care about your ugly site. Really don't.

This film documents the story of the greatest band ever. If you only know All The Young Dudes then you know nothing about them. Unfortunately if you have only heard their albums, you have only had a glimpse at whet they were like. Mott The Hoople were a live band who could blow anyone away in their prime - never translated to record though (unless you had seen them and then their magic was such that heraing the somgs om the albums could (still does for me) take you back to seeing them live. Pure magic. For the lucky few who were able to see their one off set of reunion gigs at Hammersmith in 2009, you will partly understand this. - and to answer someones query, Morrisey has been apublic long standing fan since he saw them himself (same as Mick Jones of the Clash and many others.
Do yourself a favour and in lieu of being able to see the band, buy this dvd when it comes out, but also go and see IAn Hunter live if you can (touring USA over next couple of months - UK next autumn). grastark

Back
Top Bottom