"The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by Morrissey

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by goinghome, Aug 22, 2011.

By goinghome on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  1. goinghome

goinghome Guest

Originally posted at allyouneedismorrissey.com:

Mott The Hoople Documentary Due - ClashMusic.com

Excerpt:

Detailing the band's story, the importance of Mott The Hoople within the pantheon of rock music is laid bare. Morrissey volunteered to write the sleevenotes, penning some moving words to his boyhood heroes:

“Savage history always passes judgment in due course, and here we are, in 2011, still studying Mott The Hoople.”

Bringing the band's story back to life, Mott The Hoople are rescued from their place in the history books and given a new relevance by a thoughtful, provocative and enthralling new documentary.

'The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople' is out on October 10th.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Steven- shut up and fuck off you stupid man. You have failed. Historically and very obviously.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "All the Way From Memphis"....Love *E*L*V*I*S*
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

Yes. Ovation.Death row- GO idiot.
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Weren't we supposed to here something about US tour dates today??
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: "The Ballad Of Mott The Hoople" (out Oct. 10) - sleevenotes written by M

Hear*
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Yawn..."Stretch out and Wait......there's no debate...."
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Ha! Well done sir or madam.
    8. bored
      bored
      I've never thought much of Hot the Moople. All the Young Dudes is an ok song but they didn't even write it.

If these guys never existed I don't think the face of music would be any different and I know my life wouldn't be (except I wouldn't be typing this).
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Maybe they'll be released on that blogspot site!
    10. celibate
      celibate
      what's next ' Middle of the Road'

chirpy chirpy cheap cheap :lbf:
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Did you just spell hear like here? Please tell me you didn't. How did you manage to get this far?
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous

yes its an impossible mistake to make!
    13. The Seeker of Good Songs
      The Seeker of Good Songs
      Has Morrissey ever mentioned the Hoopple prior to this?
    14. Tingle3
      Tingle3

He chose the achingly beautiful "Sea diver" for one of his Desert Island Discs.
    15. mozmal
      mozmal
      Roll Away The Stone was a good single, I remember it well.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Their best was definitely all the young dudes
      written by david bowie

lol
      irene
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I think he needs to widen his horizons
      Maybe spread wings of youth that werent meant to go there

Sod NY dolls listen to legends

I cant go on enough about free my brother jake

2nd lesson next week when you get the gist of that
      eejits

irene
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous

My brother jake

just one of those songs that make you cry

well does me

Sod NY dolls listen to legends

I cant go on enough about free my brother jake

2nd lesson next week when you get the gist of that
      eejits

irene[/QUOTE]
    19. crookeddays
      crookeddays
      If you want to visit a site featuring a great essay on Morrissey, a 4000 word novel extract mentioning Morrissey and Vauxhall and I, and the latest news and exciting debate why not join us over at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com ?

Or you can stay here with the regulars who now think the blog is mine because I've mentioned it like road hog did. Some of them also think I am road hog, others think I am road hog and Morrissey too.