Morrissey Central "THE ART OF SOUL" (May 28, 2022)

funny video. Like it when the piano slows down and those strings come in, also nice touch with the dramatic end chord.

big man looking very relaxed with a cup of charlie and a biscuit,hes oviously a very good piano player and a fan of M.

Someone self consciously having tea and biscuits, looking at Smiths album sleeves, listening to a composition by Stephen Street?

Morrissey Central.
The music was composed by Street, yes, but isn't this largely Morrissey's vocal melody being played here?

Nice one. The beauty of the Street composition really shines through on this. Yes, Morrissey's singing melody is here, too, but it's really just the icing on a rather wonderful musical cake.
The termination of the Morrissey/Street songwriting partnership is to my mind the biggest (professional) tragedy of Morrissey's life as a singer. He still plays around the same number of Morrissey/Street compositions live as those by Marr or Whyte despite Street having contributed way less than half as many songs in the first place. Morrissey's patched things up with Alain W - let's hope Street is next!

Last edited:
Nice one. The beauty of the Street composition really shines through on this. Yes, Morrissey's singing melody is here, too, but it's really just the icing on a rather wonderful musical cake.
The termination of the Morrissey/Street songwriting partnership is to my mind the biggest (professional) tragedy of Morrissey's life as a singer. He still plays around the same number of Morrissey/Street compositions live as those by Marr or Whyte despite Street having contributed way less than half as many songs in the first place. Morrissey's patched things up with Alain W - let's hope Street is next!

Street is my personal favorite producer. He’s worked on so many good records. He’s on record I believe saying he’s work with M again. I know for a fact Alain would work with him and wants to in some capacity. It would be a dream… undoubtedly pure magic if M and Al co-produced the stuff M&W are working on or if Street was the lone producer. Honestly couldn’t think of anything better for the stuff I’ve heard. 🤞

Street is my personal favorite producer. He’s worked on so many good records. He’s on record I believe saying he’s work with M agai, the point of that post , is like the point of yours pics

I don't mean to sound rude , but mostly with your posts, and maybe I'm wrong, but they hint of
"Look I'm with the band " which is a bit ripe for someone of your vintsge, no?

I dont think Streety would work with Alain unless he was with M.

However, I know he likes M so would probably produce them.

Streety is with Bradford at the moment whos latest Lp was musically way ahead of Alains usual sound
I dont mean that in a bitchy way. I'm just saying.
That said. With M on board I expect Alain has upped his game

Back
Top Bottom