~ The 'All things DOGS thread ~

no one in particular said:
Even cod will have to give you a bow for those.
Haha. Stop trying to characterize me as some kind of stiff necked, raging, dog-hater! In other words, stop trying to characterize me as realitybites. :p
no one in particular said:
and Freya, your dog posts are particularly appreciated since Cod tends to chase your tail into here and then post while he's at it :p
Yes, you could say I've, literally, "gone to the dogs" through lovesick infatuation... :(
How low can one cat-person sink?

catsps0.jpg

Last edited:
How come this thread is dying? Am I the only person with an interest in it?

I have some Kerry pup pics that I'll be putting on here soooon! So let's keep it alive. =)

Dupree said:
How come this thread is dying? Am I the only person with an interest in it?

I have some Kerry pup pics that I'll be putting on here soooon! So let's keep it alive. =)

yes, c'mon youse guys... we must keep going doggedly in here.... :cool:

15716666-S.jpg

here is PUFF again with her second summer haircut of the season...just done last Friday.

she likes to be in the garden too, but only during the day :p ;)

(and before you ask: yes, she is frou-frou)

Well, like many, I once had a dog.
Two dogs in fact: Snoopy and Phoopher.
Unfortunately, they were stray dogs. We've had them for 2years, and then our parents told us they ran away. But I just couldn't believe that. Later they admitted that they were killed by hunters (we lived on the countryside for quite some time, so Snoopy and Phoopher had a lot of space to run, and well, they did hunt at night too - guess the hunters got mad). I remember we'd do anything with them as a kid. Now it's heartbreaking to have again a dog. Maybe in the next life.

Foefertje.jpg

After all my procrastinating, here's some pics of Georgie, one of the pups we're keeping:

george1.jpg

george.jpg

what a cute one!

keeping an eye on all these animalthreads, your place must be looking like a zoo, Dupree! ;)

wolve said:
what a cute one!

keeping an eye on all these animalthreads, your place must be looking like a zoo, Dupree! ;)

It's not too bad at the moment, ten dogs and Lizzie. Mr Silver left yesterday - his new owners are calling him Rolex *rolls eyes* and some other people are taking Miss Mauve (new name: Cara) so it won't take long until we're down to six dogs and Lizzie.

i luv dogs and they seem to always like me
and i have always been partial to Rottweilers & German Shepherds/Alsatian
my last doggy friend was Satin
dog.jpg

my brother found her in a garbage can when she was a starving puppy, and i took care of her while i lived with my folks 'during'? my divorce, she was a shepard/rott mix
and though stunted in size, she was very smart and learned quickly to catch field mice, when i moved to SF, she tried to follow, likely and dissappeared
she was the only female dog i had for a pet/friend, i never realized how much more 'teachable' female dogs are

& recently i met a dog that made me laugh and sad
see my mom has a big Rottweiler named Samson,
Samson is your typical large menacing looking Rottweiler, but sadly, the dog must have been severely abused before my folks got him
its weird
he cowers all the time
yelps and screams at the slightest things
and rather fetch what you throw, he runs in the opposite direction from the ball
& yet the last night i was there, i heard him growl and bark at some coyotes...
I could tell more stories about Satin, but i wont, or my best canine companion
Gravy, who had a pure bred Rott mother and a pure bread German Shepard, exMP dog dad
Gravy could not just catch mice, he could catch Jack Rabbits, flush quail, and he actually learned how to win at game i liked to play, called
Saxon Doggy, Norman Knight
in this game i would have a long stick, and i would charge @ the dog
then as they ran i would stop, and run away from them, now all my dogs were 'good hunting dogs' so when i ran they pursued me, then i would stop and turn around, hold my 'lance' in front of me and tap them with the stick as they came at me, Gravy, Satin, and Wolfie were all smart enough to know that a tap of the stick meant 'i won', but if they stopped before they ran into the stick, then i did not
only Gravy ever won, he figured out that i never 'hit him with the stick' but that it only ever touched him if he ran into it
and came to be able to hold his ground when i charged at him, sometimes even biting the stick!
:p

This evening I called Georgie-pup and he came charging towards me and managed to get the arch of my foot in his mouth and he clamped his little mouth down and it absolutely caned.

So now I'm limping.

That little dog has gone down in my estimations!

I'm used to a nipped finger or ear. I don't even mind when they chew my hair but I wasn't expecting full, wrenching teeth to arch-of-foot action. It was worse than standing on a plug and I hate that.

Dupree said:
I'm used to a nipped finger or ear. I don't even mind when they chew my hair but I wasn't expecting full, wrenching teeth to arch-of-foot action. It was worse than standing on a plug and I hate that.
With all those dogs - you should be used to it! But the hair-chewing, that's just the worst thing a pup could do to me. My sisters dog Prilla always tries to make me bald. And she think it's sooo funny! Adorable little monsters..

Last edited:
just to bump...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

cute_dog.jpg

cute_dog.bmp

062805_182200.jpg

^ yeah, thanks for that vivaissy. looking out for us again...;)

So, here is a little more insight into PUFF's personality ----
:) The more you ignore her, the closer she gets :)

Edit: oh, and just so there aren't any doubts this time, those are MY legs :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom