~ The 'All things CATS' thread ~

I wasn't sure to put this here or on the killer whale thread...

:rofl: Awww, the Bengal didn't hurt a fly, all the humans hurt themselves!

Sure, but in both cases the animal was denied its freedom and bad things happened to people. When will we learn? A woman stampeding her own offspring to get away from the tiger? Who is wild here?

[/endsoapboxrant]

Sure, but in both cases the animal was denied its freedom and bad things happened to people. When will we learn? A woman stampeding her own offspring to get away from the tiger? Who is wild here?

[/endsoapboxrant]

I think it's quite sad that the tiger has become so un-free that it didn't even think to grab an opportunistic bite when all these idiots were climbing over themselves to 'escape' its raptorial grips. I bet those bastards at the venue would have murdered it, if it had displayed any instinct to kill or at least taste the idiots - it'd be considered a 'dangerous animal' and Gawd knows we can't have those in the circus we call zoos/animal parks/society.

Arseholes!

So I'm housesitting these cats. :straightface:

There's three of them. Normally I sleep in the guest bedroom but despite the fact nobody is here, the guest bedroom is occupied with the mother-in-law's things while they're all in Vegas. So I'm in the master bedroom. Which is the cats bedroom.

There are three of them. Gracie sits on top of the bedstead over my head and looms all night, not afraid of me, but not sure enough of the different situation to relax in bed. Maymay, the weird one, does this thing where she jumps out of the catdoor to the catpen in the room which goes BANG! and startles me awake every time. The other cats just glide in and out of it quietly but something about the way she does it is loud. So I bolt up out of bed from a dead sleep and she does this strange thing where she runs over to me and stares at me, like to say "Hi. I'm here. Whatcha doin?" :straightface: Finally the oldest most ancient cat, Harley, is obsessed with sitting on my face while I sleep. I'll wake up with the dreams of being smothered and realize I'm literally breathing warm cat fur as his ancient nails are kneading my face. So I'll carefully pick him up and move him to the pillow next to me and he'll get up in slow motion and move over to my head, "Oh no, it's okay, I just want to sleep on your face. Don't mind me."

In short, I'm not getting the most restful night's sleep here. :p Maymay and the cat door has me typing this on the couch at 2:17 in the morning.

i've had a new kitty for months and haven't posted.

this is my youngest, MAUS this morning:
2010-11-230737423-1-1.jpg

My tortie kitty Firefly has been missing for four days now. We are in the process of moving, and in all the hustle and bustle the other day, she bolted out the door into the woods behind our house. We scoured the woods looking for her, and continued to look throughout the day, but no luck. We leave food out for her (the strays and local possums eat it, of course), call her, nothing. I asked around at a few neighbors' today, and they haven't seen her. I'd be surprised if she was picked up by animal control since there are so many cats wandering the neighborhood, and I don't see the truck around here often. Firefly is a tough girl, a former stray, but she's been with us for over a year, so I'm surprised she ran. What really worries me is that it's been rainy the last two days, and will be freezingly cold the next few nights. I just hope she's found a warm, dry place, wherever she is. I've known cats to come back, even after being missing for months, but we're moving very soon and won't be in this neighborhood much longer. My daughter is understandably heartbroken - Firefly was "her" cat - so I'm hoping kitty comes to her senses and makes it home soon.

I just needed to vent about that.

Firefly:

DSC08025.jpg

DSC07895.jpg

best of luck in finding her Still I Cling. I'm sure she'll return home in time to catch you flying out the door. they have great timing and a real sense of drama... i'm sure she wouldn't have it any other way:)

Update on Firefly:

After knocking on neighbors' doors the other day and having no luck, we came home Friday to find a note on the door. The lady who lives around the corner said she thought she'd found our cat. We went right over, and the neighbor told us Firefly was in the abandoned looking house next to hers. Apparently, our kitty used to live there until last year, when we took her in. The lady who used to live in the house comes back occasionally to get some of her things, and when she came there Friday, Firefly was in the house! There's a vent where she goes in. She was going to take Firefly with her, but then the neighbor (who's been very kind and helpful to us) told her about how we were looking for the cat. So the other lady said she'd leave the cat for us. She gave her some dog food and left. At least we know Firefly found a dry, sort of warm (no power or heat) place to go. However, we have to wait for the previous owner to come back to the house so we can get Firefly. We thought this might happen yesterday, but no luck.

Firefly's former 'owner' shouldn't have a problem with us keeping her, I hope. When we took Firefly in last year, we assumed she was a stray because she was obviously underfed, despite being pregnant. She had a litter of seven kittens in our laundry room - we took care of all them and gave them all away. We dewormed Firefly (she was really lethargic before that, obviously infected), and got her to the vet for shots and to be spayed. She's been happy and healthy since then. The former owner never came around looking for her. The nice lady around the corner told me the neighbor abandoned a dog in the yard when she moved away. :mad: What kind of person does that? Anyway, I'm still hoping to be reunited with Firefly soon.

Yay for Firefly!

My friends mom has a home that she rents out. Her last tenant was from Mexico illegally and one day up and left for fear INS was going to find them for one reason or another. THey had three dogs. The neighbor witnessed them opening the gate just before they left in the night in their packed van and shoeing the dogs away, encouraging them to run away. THe dogs stood there thinking they were getting in the van too. THey just let them loose to roam in the neighborhood and drove away. :mad:

^^^

Best of luck with Firefly, Still I Cling. She's much better off with you, and if the demented neighbour makes any attempt to reclaim her... just hand them the bill for all her care and nutrition over the last year, i'm sure that'll scare arseholes like them away.

CG & SIC, it's really sad that folk like that exist in our inhumane world.... leaving animals that they have domesticated and trained to be dependent out in the cold to care for themselves... it's just sick! ... but the fact that folk like you exist to pick up the pieces in the aftermath gives me hope:)

5301112348_b0dc8b4765_z.jpg

I've had a cold for over a week, but the last few days it's kicked my ass and all I can do is sleep. So I'm housesitting and at this house is a cat named May. She doesn't like people and keeps to herself, but she's been by my side constantly. Day and night, even when my dog joins me in bed and she can't stand dogs. I hope she isn't one of those cats that comforts into death like they have at rest homes. :p It's very comforting to hear her purr.

Oh hi solo. It's been about forever since I have been on here.

Just wanted to share with you my newest kitten! Luigi! He was rescued from an oil company nearby. His head was stuck in the industrial piping structure around the big tanks in the back of the place. Workers had to detach the gate valve his head was stuck in then cut him loose from there. A week later he was in my arms. Now he's getting big and getting into trouble. He's about 3 months old now :) He brings me more love and joy than I thought possible :)

His head was stuck in the industrial piping structure around the big tanks in the back of the place.

Looks like Luigi is just a Greenpeace activist looking for attention. :)

Daft, but cute.:rolleyes:

Looks like Luigi is just a Greenpeace activist looking for attention. :)

Daft, but cute.:rolleyes:

Well, to be fair he was only trying to escape the water that was flooding the area at the time. His little meow was heard by the workers there and they worked to free him. I feel so blessed every day to have him in my life and thankful that his life was saved.

The first 2 pics here are recent ones. The last 2 are from just after he was rescued, before he was mine.

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom