~ The 'All things CATS' thread ~

funny-pictures-the-army-of-darkness-is-rather-cute.jpg

funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-rests.jpg

not a cat but couldn't resist :D

funny-pictures-hamster-has-a-corn.jpg

she isn't mine -
this one was though - mrs. maya (she passed away) but she was hands down the coolest cat ever - this cat, if she saw me way down at the other end of the street, would come running to me, meowing all the while. She did that all the time- people used to laugh at me because of it ;)

maya-4.jpg

Maya_and_monster.jpg

Mrs_maya_in_fruitbowl1.jpg

This cat - softee, I had her more recently but I had to give her away when I moved to california last year - she had a different personality than mrs. maya, but she was extremely sweet in her own way :) I made sure I gave her to a good home - the couple had a little girl that wanted her and would take care of her, so I felt ok about it.

softee.jpg

Towards the end of her life, I think mrs maya had something wrong with her - she had a single little kitten, but it's like she wouldn't take care of it - I don't know what was wrong. The little kitten had fleas, and I had to do something about it - so I tried my best to dab some warm water on it with a cloth and apply a little bit of flea replellent, then I dried it off by standing well away from it with a hair dryer - it took forever to get it dried like that, but I couldn't leave it damp. Then I let it sleep with me that night. But mrs maya still just wasn't taking care of it - and a few days later, I looked in her box, and she had died. I buried her out back at the house I was living in. That will always bother me for some reason. Anyway, it's in the past now

Aw pretty kitties everybody has! Almost makes me feel better after hearing the news about the cancelled Moz show tonight. :(

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20090419/NEWS10/904190519/1027

Catwalk: Feline follows owner on nightly excursions

bilde

Many Livonia residents walk their dogs.

But Lisa McLeod walks her cat — without a leash.

The black and white-spotted feline follows McLeod all around their Hix-Schoolcraft neighborhood. If a dog being walked on a leash is about to pass by on the sidewalk, McLeod warns Kiewie and she lies down on a driveway, out of the dog's reach.

“People cannot believe I'm walking my cat,” she said of the looks she gets from neighbors and passersby.

Next-door neighbor Dave Thomas said he and his wife, Sue, get a kick out of watching Kiewie follow McLeod. “It's pretty funny,” Thomas said.

Thomas said the cat looks both ways before crossing the street, turning her head left and right. “It's really something,” he said.

Kiewie also protects McLeod's younger cat, Tiger, from cars. One day Tiger got too close to the road and Kiewie ran after her and chased her back to the house, McLeod said.

McLeod's sister, Jackie Schwalm of Milford, e-mailed the Observer about Kiewie.

She said the cat seems to understand what her sister is saying.

“Once a family was leaving their house in their car and the mother asked my sister, ‘Are you walking your cat?'” she said. “My sister said yes. Then her children in the car started barking and my sister looked at her cat and said, “It's OK. They are only joking,” and the cat looked at my sister and proceeded to walk by the car.”

McLeod said the cat, a 9- or 10-year-old stray they took in years ago while living in Redford, started walking with her last summer.

McLeod had stopped smoking and started walking. The cat began to follow her and each time, she would take it a couple houses farther.

“Now she walks anywhere I go,” she said.

That's a really cute story about the cat walking! Cats are hella smart, dont underestimate them! :D

ok, so normally i do not close the bathroom door when i am home "alone" :rolleyes:
however, recently the cat has taken to jumping up on my lap when i go number 2 :cool:
so now i close the door all the time, does the cat not really know what i am doing then? :crazy:

My dad's gf took these of Armelle a while back when I was at my mom's for spring break:

3172_90180274902_515259902_2496195_.jpg

3172_90180279902_515259902_2496196_.jpg

3172_90180284902_515259902_2496197_.jpg

she sucks up to my dad's gf whenever I leave. my dad told me to hurry back home already because she was going crazy.

ok, so normally i do not close the bathroom door when i am home "alone" :rolleyes:
however, recently the cat has taken to jumping up on my lap when i go number 2 :cool:
so now i close the door all the time, does the cat not really know what i am doing then? :crazy:

lol my cats always have to be in the bathroom with me, whether I'm going, showering, putting on makeup, etc.

My cat Shadow.

shadow4.jpg

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom