~ The 'All things CATS' thread ~

I am making the very difficult decision to return Car Wash to my mom's house and allow him to be a mostly outdoor cat. :(

He cuddles and naps on the couch just fine, but every opportunity to sneak outside and he darts. He runs and plays and chases bugs and naps in the grass, when I walk Barney he runs along side him and goes for a leashless walk, he's MISERABLE trapped inside. And my neighborhood has fast cars and stupid drivers and people who sprinkle their flower beds with poison...at my moms he has an ENTIRE CEMETERY to play in, she lives 50 yards from vast expanses of grass and gravestones ideal for Carwash, plus the cars can't go faster than 10 MPH due to association rules and speed bumps, he stands more of a chance not getting hit as the highway is inconveniently far away. There's other regular cats for him to talk to since humans are dull. I just think he'll be happier.

We'll see. I could change my mind. I just don't want to do squirt bottle penitentiary with him like my controlfreak neighbor keeps suggesting. I want him to live a fun life in his stealthy cool cat body.

17166644817_3534de87d3_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am making the very difficult decision to return Car Wash to my mom's house and allow him to be a mostly outdoor cat. :(

He cuddles and naps on the couch just fine, but every opportunity to sneak outside and he darts. He runs and plays and chases bugs and naps in the grass, when I walk Barney he runs along side him and goes for a leashless walk, he's MISERABLE trapped inside. And my neighborhood has fast cars and stupid drivers and people who sprinkle their flower beds with poison...at my moms he has an ENTIRE CEMETERY to play in, she lives 50 yards from vast expanses of grass and gravestones ideal for Carwash, plus the cars can't go faster than 10 MPH due to association rules and speed bumps, he stands more of a chance not getting hit as the highway is inconveniently far away. There's other regular cats for him to talk to since humans are dull. I just think he'll be happier.

We'll see. I could change my mind. I just don't want to do squirt bottle penitentiary with him like my controlfreak neighbor keeps suggesting. I want him to live a fun life in his stealthy cool cat body.

17166644817_3534de87d3_b.jpg

What's he like when you take him outside on a leash at your place ?

I understand, but I get the feeling he's going to full rebel crazy-kitteh with your mom. He's going to have catnip cemetry parties with Goth cats, and will return pissed to your mom's only to puke on her floor, and all sorts of horrifying things.

If he does that, that might mean he wants you to take him back, fast cars or not.

Ah who the feck knows. :( but he's going to miss you guys.

Oooh just look at him chilling; my heart stopped! :D

I could be wrong about this CG, but after reading about your mom I think Carwash would be happier at your place.

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm right. It's like Carwash is asking me to tell you he'd rather go play in traffic. Bloody hell, Car. Seriously?! Wtf??

Well, ok, message received and passed on. :)

What's he like when you take him outside on a leash at your place ?

Miserable. He goes limp, he knows he's on a leash.

^^ BUMP from Carwash :D

Or else it's Morrissey feeling nervous and worried.

...Nope, it's Carwash :D

^^ BUMP from Carwash :D

Or else it's Morrissey feeling nervous and worried.

...Nope, it's Carwash :D

Morrissey has nothing to worry about.

Car's stayed inside all day...he wants to hang out in Apt 9 longer maybe.

Morrissey has nothing to worry about.

Car's stayed inside all day...he wants to hang out in Apt 9 longer maybe.

-I don't know about that.

-Do you think pets know when you need them around? I think they do. Sometimes they might say "Ah f*** it I'm going out anyway" cos they have stuff to do but otherwise I think they know when their humans need a bit of company.

Appt 9? What's in there? Anyway, make sure he stays out of room 1408, it's kind of crappy.

and give him a great big hug for me pleez.

-I don't know about that.

-Do you think pets know when you need them around? I think they do. Sometimes they might say "Ah f*** it I'm going out anyway" cos they have stuff to do but otherwise I think they know when their humans need a bit of company.

Appt 9? What's in there? Anyway, make sure he stays out of room 1408, it's kind of crappy.

and give him a great big hug for me pleez.

The back door was open alllllll day. He sunbathed a little bit on the patio chair within the confines of my fence, spent the rest of the day on the couch in the living room.

Newsflash: Cats read minds and the internet when they purr.

Thank God, for one ghastly moment, I thought someone had started a thread about the musical, and received 162 pages worth of responses.

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom