The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers

The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers - Slicing Up Eyeballs

"And now for Round 2 of our Slicing Up Eyeballs readers’ ranking: After tackling the much larger, and decades-spanning, catalog of The Cure, we’ve turned to The Smiths in an effort to sort the 70 original songs released during that band’s comparatively brief lifespan.

A quick refresher: We asked readers to vote for up to 25 of their favorite songs written by Morrissey/Marr, choosing from a ballot that listed 70 singles, B-sides and album tracks. Not included: live recordings and covers, of which there were two (“Golden Lights” and “Work is a Four-Letter Word”).

With a total 70,192 votes cast, the full results are presented below, a list that ranks The Smiths’ complete original output from 1983 to 1987. As you’ll see, the No. 1 song, with a 234-vote margin, was a more definitive winner than in our Cure poll, where Nos. 1 and 2 were separated by a single vote. And, for the first time in any poll we’ve conducted, there were no ties anywhere on the list.

As always, thank you all so much for participating.

And now, the results:..."

Last edited by a moderator:
There Is A Light is the most played The Smith's song in Spotify. My absolute number one is How Soon Is Now. It's a great thing they made a playlist with all the tracks. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing!
"I Keep Mine Hidden" at number 70, the last spot?
Weird.

It seems that even the fans prefer the most obvious choices (although I do agree about TIALTNGO). Even more blatant in the case of the Cure and that list.

A few surprises in that list.
Mainly panic so high and rubber ring so low.
Each to their own I guess

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom