The 5 best and worst songs of 2007 so far...

Maurice E

Well, it's been a so-so year for music; well the kind of stuff I like at least. But we're well past half way so thought it might be interesting to list our favourite and least favourite 5 songs. Here goes for the Maurice E vote ...

5 best;
1. Your love alone; Manic Preachers with Nina Person
2. Soldier’s tale; Good bad Queen
3. Throwing my arms around Paris; Morrissey
4. Laura Veirs
5. Super Furry Animal (new single)

5 worst;
1. Sing in the choir; The Fratelli
2. Ecky Thump; The White Stripes
3. Foundation; Katy Nash
4. I wanna have a baby; Bedingfield
5. Brainstorm; Arctic Monkey

Over to you!

Last edited:
Von Sudenfed - Rhinohead.
Gruff Rhys - Skylon (was this in 2007?)
Klaxons - Forgotten Works
Good, the Bad & the Queen - Herculean.
Manics- Your Love Alone

5 worst;

too many to mention but in the world I inhabit:

Kaiser Chiefs - anything really, but particularly Ruby, We Are the Angry Mob
Arctic Monkeys - 505 (yawn.. hopefully not a sign of thier future direction)
Hard-Fi's new single which I don't even know the name of
The Editors- Smokers At The Hospital Doors (its not that bad but for such a great title its all a bit disappointing.)
Razorlight- America (if this came out last year it deserves being the worst record ever for this one too)

best:
The Electric Soft Parade - Cold World (album track)
The Electric Soft Parade - Come Back Inside (album track)
The Electric Soft Parade - Blue It Is (Billy MacKenzie cover, b-side)
The Primrose League - What's It Like To Always Be Wrong?
what can I add now as fifth song? Oh, yes, a nice song by
Maximo Park - Books From Boxes
I haven't heard much great music this year. The only exception, as you can see, is a band called Electric Soft Parade.

worst:
Wank Ronson - Stop Me
Green Day - Working Glass Hero
anything by Nelly Furtado
anything by Justin Timberlake
and that Mika song, Relax, Take It Easy

I don't mind British indie bands, no matter how mediocre they are, they're still better than mainstream r'nb and things like that.
Everybody's saying that Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors is a great title, well, I like it too. On MTV in Italy they show an acoustic version of the song. At first I hated it, after hearing it every day though, I dislike it less.

God help me...
But I am really liking.... Kanye West's - Stronger.... Its catchy.

The fact of matter is that the best and worst songs of year were mostly done by bands no one has ever heard of, for obvious/highly unknown reasons.

EDIT: This is just another thread for people with the need to criticize music they don't like (a.k.a. snobs).

best:

Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart - Against Me! featuring Tegan Quinn
Back in your Head - Tegan and Sara
White People for Peace - Against Me!
I'm Throwing my arms around Paris - You know who ;)
You are the One - Shiny Toy Guns

worst:

Considering I live in the states and the second you turn on commercial/top 40 radio you are exposed to such garbage, I would consider most songs the worst so I can't really pick the worst. That is a cop out but what do you want from me?

That's why I cannot and /or will not ever post whose music sucks. I will tell you what I like but not what I dislike unless invited to (The Morrissey Song Rating Poll)

I think there is only one song that is universally hated by rational thinking adults:
That "I love you - you love me song" from Barney

Last edited:
That's why I cannot and /or will not ever post whose music sucks. I will tell you what I like but not what I dislike unless invited to (The Morrissey Song Rating Poll)

I think there are only one song that is universally hated by rational thinking adults:
That "I love you - you love me song" from Barney

My sentiments exactly.

I'm sick of hearing: "such and such is overrated" "Those guys are the worst band ever!" "Why do people like that band?" "You don't like the Libertines?!" "Am I the only person with good taste around here?"

And the funny part is most people who constantly criticize music don't know anything about the music they supposedly think is "bad".

Best

1- The Arcade Fire- No Cars Go
2- The Whip- Divebomb
3- LCD Soundsystem- North American Scum
4- Editors- Bones
5- Interpol- Pioneer to the Falls

Worst

Wouldnt know. Dont listen to crap music.

best of the best...so far
coral - jacquline
babyshambles - delivery
twang-either way or twang-wide awake ? cant make my mind up even now.
james - who are you

1. The National - Fake Empire
2. Northern Portrait - Crazy
3. Entakt - Kunsten At Slippe Taget (Danish band you've probably never heard of).
4. Arcade Fire - Intervention
5. The Shins - Phantom Limb

It's already been said - why waste time on crap music :eek:

1. The National - Fake Empire
2. Northern Portrait - Crazy
3. Entakt - Kunsten At Slippe Taget (Danish band you've probably never heard of).
4. Arcade Fire - Intervention
5. The Shins - Phantom Limb

It's already been said - why waste time on crap music :eek:

Err, if you want to listen to new music by bands you're not familiar with, you will inevitably end up listening to some stuff that you don't like.
I don't expect anyone deliberately sets out to listen to crap music!

Good point really...obviously you'll end up listening to bad music. And of course I've listened to more than 5 bad songs this year. But I certainly cannot recall any titles (that's a lie - that Umbrella song would definitely be on the list)!

Back
Top Bottom