The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he's been in the closet his entire life, but now would be the perfect time to finally 'come out'. Firstly, it would win him some oppression brownie points from the woke identity politics brigade who have deserted him in recent years (maybe not as much as being Muslim or transgender, but it's got to count for something), and secondly, Philip Schofield is on the market and looking for man on man action. Win, win.

I don't believe people have deserted him in recent years because of woke identity politics. That would be a new one to me.

You're missing the point. Calling yourself 'gay' is boring. It's actually the safer option for society to limit you and stick you in a pigeon-box marked 'gay'. Gay people can now get married ffs. Morrissey clearly wants to exist in that grey area that Oscar Wilde thrived in - until he was convicted and then his artistic life was over. Is he or isn't he? That's the realm of the artist - the delicious realm of mystery and temptation and danger. 'Dorian Gray' works so well as a novel because the sins that Dorian gets up to are almost all left unsaid and hinted at only. Call yourself 'gay' and all the danger is gone. The door gets shut. It would kill Morrissey's creativity.
🙄

He has never been in.

Getting lawyers to try to retrieve pre fame letters and making up terms like humosexual and refusing to walk through Soho in case anyone saw him, always getting Damon to walk behind is not being out. Most people who are out wouldn't give two shits about being seen or what people might know or think they know. He couldn't be any further in Nania if he tried.

Getting lawyers to try to retrieve pre fame letters and making up terms like humosexual and refusing to walk through Soho in case anyone saw him, always getting Damon to walk behind is not being out. Most people who are out wouldn't give two shits about being seen or what people might know or think they know. He couldn't be any further in Nania if he tried.

Yeah - as I posted before, there is a strange conflict between what Morrissey says and how he behaves and from a distance, it looks a lot like shame. But shame is a bit different to denial, isn't it? Morrissey has never paraded around with women, he's never had a sham marriage or hired "girlfriends" like today's closet cases, he has never hidden his attraction to men. For some reason his sexuality is just something he has never seemed comfortable with. He has never seemed comfortable in his own skin.

He says that female genitalia does not like him, there is nothing wrong with saying that.

Indeed... If female genitalia doesn't like him, then female genitalia doesn't like him. And as female genitalia tend to accompany women everywhere they go, like super clingy personal assistants, they're always going to get in the way of a personal relationship with a woman.

Imagine talking to the woman you love with female genitalia constantly eavesdropping and conspiring against you. Must be like living with a very intrusive mother-in--law.

Makes sense for him to be gay. Female genitalia didn't give him a choice, really.
They're so mean. So mean.

It would be nice to think Morrissey was talking about a newly discoveted sex life in those lines, wouldn't it, Carlisle, but it was something much more mundane, ie the intrusion of the media. That's what I love about Morrissey though. One size fits all. Whatever situation you find yourself in.
He’s been my one constant in life ..and yes we’ve all been in situations that we haven’t been to suited with from time to time...I don’t think I would ever like to meet him or even be a friend to be honest I think I enjoy the relationship I have now, I buy the records and concert tickets

Then why make it?

Simply because democracy doesn't guarantee democratic leadership. There are many, many cases where elected officials seized power as dictators, like Hitler or Napoleon III in France.

Trump hasn't done that and I honestly didn't mean to insinuate he had.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom