The ‘Girls who like Football’ thread

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I’m a girl and I like football.

Surely I can’t be the only one.

i like american football, and I'm currently in love with how the arizona cardinals have been kicking ass and taking names...

God, I'm a girl and I scare hard balls; footballs, basketballs, baseballs etc. But not badminton-balls. :D

I do too, Tbevie! It's my favorite sport to watch on TV. I'll watch any football game-pro or college. Even HS sometimes. I especially liked the Bears handing Green Bay their 1st loss of the season last night. WOOF! No matter our record, the games that 'count most' are against the Cheeseheads. For fans, it's no love-hate relationship, just hate.

As a little girl, I had a hard time sleeping and used to stay up for night games to watch football with my Dad. I was a big Steelers fan -in the Terry Bradshaw days. Terry's still so cool. Goofy, but cool. I've always been a sports-chick-- like "one of the guys" & always a tomboy at heart. Nice to have you as a kindred spirit!

Hey, you know what goes great with football? Beer =o)

Da Bears!
lgwavcbflag.gif

Chica and fishy like to chat from time to time about soccer. I'm sure they watch it for things other than the calves of the players. ;)

edit: oh right, you were talking about American football.

for the girls who like football out there, since you obviously love Mozz as well and if perhaps you like to drink alot then please PM me we need to meet!!!

if you are extremely wealthy i have no problem being your husband either ;)

Chica and fishy like to chat from time to time about soccer. I'm sure they watch it for things other than the calves of the players. ;)

edit: oh right, you were talking about American football.

I'm Scottish so I'm more a fan of Soccer but I like most sports. In Briton football (soccer) is seen as a man’s sport. Most men love it and most Women hate it. I'm not sure if it’s the same situation with American Football.

I do too, Tbevie! It's my favorite sport to watch on TV. I'll watch any football game-pro or college. Even HS sometimes. I especially liked the Bears handing Green Bay their 1st loss of the season last night. WOOF! No matter our record, the games that 'count most' are against the Cheeseheads. For fans, it's no love-hate relationship, just hate.

As a little girl, I had a hard time sleeping and used to stay up for night games to watch football with my Dad. I was a big Steelers fan -in the Terry Bradshaw days. Terry's still so cool. Goofy, but cool. I've always been a sports-chick-- like "one of the guys" & always a tomboy at heart. Nice to have you as a kindred spirit!

Hey, you know what goes great with football? Beer =o)

Da Bears!
lgwavcbflag.gif

Nice to have you on board Corrissey :)

I'm Scottish so I'm more a fan of Soccer but I like most sports. In Briton football (soccer) is seen as a man’s sport. Most men love it and most Women hate it. I'm not sure if it’s the same situation with American Football.

Pretty much, but as with most things that's an over-generalization. I'm a fan of soccer and (American) football, but I'm not a girl, so I'll just lurk on the thread if that's okay...

which team do you support?

which team do you support?

Well in the Scottish league (SPL) I follow Glasgow Rangers.I like their style of football. I don’t know if I’d call my self a rangers supporter, I’ve only been to a couple of games and I don’t own or wear any of their football tops, but I do like to see tem do well.

In the premiership I like to watch Manchester Utd. I love their style of football, especially in the last couple of seasons with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo in the squad.

You?

As a child I was heartbroken when i found out I would never be able to play in the NFL because I was female. Football was everything to me at a really young age, but its bc I grew up in Florida, which is southern AND has some of the best college football teams in the US, so its a requirement to love it.
Right now I'm rooting for washington redskins. I'm surprised how well they've been doing. But peyton manning and brett favre completely awe me. I love them. And Tony Dungy has always been a hero of mine. I was so pissed when Tampa fired him. I think i cried even! lolol

FAO Americano's

She meant real football, not egg chasing.

don't be that stereotypical soccer snob, please. American Football has its place and we're nuts about it just like Europe sets fires and kills people over theirs.

As a child I was heartbroken when i found out I would never be able to play in the NFL because I was female. Football was everything to me at a really young age, but its bc I grew up in Florida, which is southern AND has some of the best college football teams in the US, so its a requirement to love it.
Right now I'm rooting for washington redskins. I'm surprised how well they've been doing. But peyton manning and brett favre completely awe me. I love them. And Tony Dungy has always been a hero of mine. I was so pissed when Tampa fired him. I think i cried even! lolol

Are you talking about American football or proper football....the sport where men and women actually use their feet against the ball....not holding it in their hands and running with it, while wearing a helmet!:p

Well in the Scottish league (SPL) I follow Glasgow Rangers.I like their style of football. I don’t know if I’d call my self a rangers supporter, I’ve only been to a couple of games and I don’t own or wear any of their football tops, but I do like to see tem do well.

In the premiership I like to watch Manchester Utd. I love their style of football, especially in the last couple of seasons with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo in the squad.

You?

Me, well for me it's the Arsenal. I like football, but I’m not as fanatical as say two of my friends are. I've been a number of times, I was lucky enough to see them play up in Liverpool this year, even thou they got beat:(
I did prefer watching Ruud van Nistelrooy. I think Man u buying Rooney was because at the time they were a little scared, but he has worked well for them. I don't like his aggression he shows when playing for England. Ronaldo is very flash, which irritates me somewhat.

yep sorrry, i missed it while posting....i agree with AL thou!

your soccer is kind of wimpy, if you want to be childish and stereotypical about it. Oooh, don't push me! o!oo!
American football is crazy! the passes are not as easy as they look! they all have to retire before 35 usually! all the wear and tear makes them look 50 at that time!

In this picture: Brett Favre, at 37:
favre50606.jpg

Just for the record, I'd totally do him.

Back
Top Bottom