Thats how people grow up promo cds

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, it is a very nice cd. And it's only money;)

And this one went for £162.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=120259673436&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Bonkers...It's a cd that was given away to radio stations...no doubt some lucky git in the office picked this out and flogged it without it ever getting played on air. Other promo cds go for just a few $'s

Well, it is a very nice cd. And it's only money;)

You are right about it only being money...what does it matter? But I think that Flax's photos prove the comment about it being a very nice cd to be wrong. No imagination went into the cd or the artwork for the US version. It's just cynical marketting / promotional work from Morrissey's management - but at whose cost? Does a US version mean that more US radio stations will play it, or it will chart higher than if the normal European version was used to promote it? I doubt it. So why produce a different one, with such lack of imagination?

It's going for top dollar because of the scarcity of it - only 200 copies. Who knows how many copies of the other promo were made? Does anyone know? If it stays at this price it places it alongside grey/green mispressed Girlfriend in a coma discs in the Smiths Record collector list - I know which I'd rather have (I know which I have :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If it stays at this price it places it alongside grey/green mispressed Girlfriend in a coma discs in the Smiths Record collector list - I know which I'd rather have (I know which I have :)

I can have both?

I can have both?

Of course you can.

And you can all of the RC Top 100 and the list of Morrissey rarities and a new car and long holidays and a bigger house....and be irresistable to the opposite / same sex (whatever floats your boat :) )

Happy Hunting!

whose counting the U.S. THPGU promo cd sales?

someone started a 200 only rumour & the price of the US promo cd has gone through the roof! Has anyone made a note of how many have gone under the hammer so far?

love

Grim

I asked a specific question about 1 promo cd not a general generic comment...

so why was it moved/hidden? Why do we have numpties so called moderating something they know nothing about?

If I'd have wanted to ask a general unspecific question I would have asked it in the thread that was already in view ffs!

love

Grim

Re: I asked a specific question about 1 promo cd not a general generic comment...

so why was it moved/hidden? Why do we have numpties so called moderating something they know nothing about?

If I'd have wanted to ask a general unspecific question I would have asked it in the thread that was already in view ffs!

love

Grim

I've reported this post because it does nothing to enhance the original thread, why was it moved here anyway?

Grim

I think I have seen 7 for sale so far. 6 on ebay. Funny thing is I have only seen 3 greatest hits promos for sale, all from the same seller. I wonder how many of those were made? Not to many probably since it is also a CD-R.

Back
Top Bottom